Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2003, 10:11 AM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Quincy Carter is the Starter

Did anyone actually hear the press conference? Parcells kept saying that Carter is "the best QB right now", we're going to let him "start for the first part of the season". He in no way gave the job to Carter for the whole season. In fact, I think it's his plan to continue to evaluate Carter's ability to be a decent NFL quarterback, while at the same time evaluating whether Hutchinson can be a franchise QB. I fear it's going to be like 2002 all over again, in that every time Carter screws up (which we all know he will), the whole town will be screaming for Hutch... ESPECIALLY if Hutch starts to develop the way his talent dictates that he should. I think the comments made by Parcells indicate that he thinks much more highly of Hutchinson's upside than he does Carter. He spoke of Hutch in terms of a prospect - letting him develop in AAA before throwing him into the big leagues. Whereas he really didn't anything really nice to say about Carter - cuch as his criticism of Carter's running ability. Next year, I predict that Carter will not be on this team. We will bring a veteran in to be the full time starter for 2004, or another draft a blue chip rookie to compete witch Chad for the distinction of franchise QB of the future, or both. A lot of it depends on Quincy's performance, which we all know won't be good enough to garner real consideration for the starter of 2004. But even more will depend on Hutch's development. If he proves himself to be a dud of a prospect, it's time to draft a new guy. If he proves to have some upside, we'll pick up a veteran. If he comes on like a bull, forget about it, he'll start next year. But regardless, he's no where close to being able to lead this team right now. Only time will tell if he'll ever be able to do it. But the fact that he's still on this team, that he was picked up in the first place, indicates that the Cowboys have zero confidence that Quincy can be the franchise QB of the future.

But we'll ride this roller coaster one last time. I just hope and pray that this is the last year of the Quincy Carter Era.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote