Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #121
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just got around to watching it today...

thoughts:

1. Boone better still be dead.

2. Shannon better still be dead

3. Brazilian and Blondie better still be dead.

4. Widmore HAS been on the island before...and I hope he is from the Black Rock (and somehow doesn't age like Richard).

5. TimeGranny is greatness and obviously someone who in a way out ranks Benji Linus.

6. Aaron will not be going back to the Island or Claire couldn't have contacted Kate in her dream. (I'm assuming she used the Island's power to do that)

7. Wouldn't be surprised is Richard is like Desmond and is somehow "outside of time".

8. Sun is such a puppet.

9. Thig and Flac are time nerds...anyone surprised?

10. Alex is funny.....for me to poop on!

genius stuff...this is simply one of my favorite television shows of all time...and if it doesn't blow its landing, it will be my all time favorite.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #122
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

re: 8. Sun is such a puppet.

All of the Oceanic Six are merely pawns.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 01-24-2009 at 07:34 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #123
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Ty,

Are you going to play basketball this saturday at 2pm with Alby?
it was so freaking cold today! i couldn't even catch the ball.

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #124
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

oh my, sometimes it's refreshing to watch 24 just because it's mindless.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #125
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have re-watched both episodes, and the only thing I take back is wondering how Richard found Locke by the plane. Looking at it again, I think that particular "flash" is supposed to be in the "future" (after the donkey wheel was turned) and that's how Richard was able to get to him.

We're going to see Richard in the past, however...how far in the past? I don't know, but it should pretty damned interesting to find out more about the ageless one.

Also, going back and looking at last seasons' finale...

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...lace-like.html

It appears as though (from their dress, particularly his tie) that the meeting of Sun and Widmore at the airport supposedly took place on the same day as their meeting in London during the finale. That may have been obvious, but I wasn't sure.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #126
alby
Guru

Freaking Ms. Hawking

Contact Me
Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #127
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I have re-watched both episodes, and the only thing I take back is wondering how Richard found Locke by the plane. Looking at it again, I think that particular "flash" is supposed to be in the "future" (after the donkey wheel was turned)....
I noticed the heroin plane was covered with brush and had cobwebs all over it, suggesting it had been there (down below, where Boone "flew" it) for a long time.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #128
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
it was so freaking cold today! i couldn't even catch the ball.
you still own
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #129
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Just re-watched the episode where Ben kills all the Dharma folks and then shoots Locke. The dude is bad news.
As I was sitting on the comode making a little baby Sike I started re-thinking the question of whether Ben is more good than bad or not....the prime reason I've thought him genuinely bad all along was the Dharma-cide from last season. Hitting a group of tree-hugging hippy scientists with a mess of WMD isn't the sort of thing a good guy normally does.

That said....last season I remained open to the possibility that the Dharma Initiative was plausibly up to some really bad stuff and therefore Ben's Dharma-cide wasn't really such a bad thing because they just had it coming. Upon further review, this seems most likely.

--We've learned that the ever smiling, namaste-ing, polite and gentle host of the orientation is actually kind of a dick and a mad scientist who is acting like a nice guy. That is, Dr. Smiley Namaste-Man is actually a facade that hides a much darker interior;

--We've learned that the DI was militarily more sophisticated than I had previously imagined, having persons on the island with those unique specialties that Dr. Namaste spoke of. Come to think of it, maybe Inman (was that his name?) from the Hatch never left the military, or maybe he'd gone into the mercenary business and that's how he wound up working for the Dharma initiative.

So....I'm thinking the Dharma Iniative was a cover for a prinicpally military (private, perhaps) endeavor. These guys were trying to figure out how to take over the world in a Dr. Evil like scheme, and Widmore was driving the boat, so to speak. Moreover my earlier comments with respect to BBL's contention that the guys that grabbed Sawyer and Juliette were possibly Dharma guys may be 180 degrees wrong:

Quote:
I never got the feeling that any of the dharma folks were the kind to cut off a chick's hand just to show that they meant business when threatening to cut off the chick's second hand...they're more "let's all just get along" hippy peacenik types, and those guys that grabbed Sawyer and Juliette were pretty hard dudes.
It seems quite plausibly we were seeing a glimpse of the real dharma guys that hide behind the happy hippy facade, and moreover maybe "Jones" and "Mattingly" mistook Sawyer and Juliette for "hostiles"....get it?

anyhoo...the point of all this is that maybe Ben wiping out the Dharma Initiative wasn't such a bad thing...maybe Ben is just a guy making some hard choices.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #130
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't think anything "bad" that the DI may have been doing affected Bens' reasoning for killing all of them. He just hated them from day 1, he hated his father...

I think that everything Ben did for a long time was truly for the island. Then I thought that he's just out for himself now. Selfish.

But now, with the revelation that the whole world is in jeopardy if the island doesn't chill the eff out...maybe he can be viewed as a good guy, trying to "save the world" but it's just as likely he's just trying to save himself so he can get back to loving his precious island.

Is Ben the severus snape of this story?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-26-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #131
alexamenos
Diamond Member

no doubt ben has his character flaws -- he sent Goodwin to the front line to die because he wanted Juliette and shot Locke in the back because he didn't want to give up his role. that's why I think the question is not whether he's good or bad but whether he's "more good than bad".
Old 01-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #132
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I just thought of that I am curious about..... in S1, S2 and at least part of S3 we were presented with some form of "vaccine" that the Others had to inject.

What happened to that?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-26-2009 at 04:52 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #133
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
One thing I just thought of that I am curious about..... in S1, S2 and at least part of S3 we were presented with some form of "vaccine" that the Others had to inject.

What happened to that?
I thought this was kind of the thing with Des and the hatch....it turns out the air was clear and the bio-hazard suit was no longer necessary.

but i'm not sure. I feel like I need to go back and re-watch seasons 1-4 in one extended viewing.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #134
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well.... but Ethan was injecting it also. He injected Claire with it when they kidnapped her. Unless that was just continuing the lie....
Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What they were injecting Claire with was pregnancy specific, and I think in truth it was necessary.

The stuff Desmond had struck me as something to keep him fearful and inside.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #136
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

but the labels were the same, remember?

I looked it up today on lostpedia and they have pictures of the labels.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #137
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

production error?

For some reason I strongly remember claire's injections being pregnancy related

You guys could be right.. Who knows with this show
Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #138
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I think you are thinking of the injection that Juliette gave her when she was having issues? Or Aaron was I think.... anyway.... I was referring to the stuff Ethan gave her.

But it kinda makes you wonder though if it really had a purpose. Wasn't nose bleeding one of the symptoms? Is Charlotte not long for this world?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well, I was just thinking about why Ethan would only do what he did to Claire. We know what Desmond was using was worthless.

This strikes me as one of those things we'll never know about.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 AM   #140
alby
Guru

Charlotte's days are numbered. The two injections, IMHO, are the same ones... and all part of a big lie.

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #141
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I saw a review of tomorrows episode and I selfishly read the first paragraph or so before cutting myself off from any real details.

The following is a sentence from it:

Quote:
Almost every scene in this episode contained some sort of surprise, development or unexpected twist that had my mouth gaping.
I heart LOST.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #142
alby
Guru

best show on TV

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #143
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
best drama show on TV
I still love my HIMYM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #144
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i feel like I'm in middle school again. I've been constantly trying to hide my LOST boner all day. Might as well just be proud of it.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #145
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
man, i feel like I'm in middle school again. I've been constantly trying to hide my LOST boner all day. Might as well just be proud of it.

You and Flaco should compare
Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #146
alby
Guru

haha Lost boner.. that's hilarious

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's so cold outside my LOST boner had a hard time getting started this morning.....

but now it's raging.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #148
alby
Guru

please keep the board PG. =]

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #149
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I have no idea if tonights episode is centric on any one character. I've managed to stay pretty spoiler free this year.

I do know the name of the episode is "Jughead"...whatever the heck that means.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #150
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a Sawyer nickname to me.

I wonder if they're going have character-centric episodes anymore. Seems like that would be put by the wayside now that they're no longer doing flashbacks
Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #151
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Well, I'd say "The Lie" was a Hurley-centric episode, for the most part. They're done with flashbacks, though, so we're going to see centric episodes in the way that "The Lie" was centric to Hurley.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #152
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be great to see more of this:

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #153
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Or this

Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #154
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

LOST ? Is this the GDT ?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #155
alby
Guru

rated PG please flac

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #156
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Says the man who wants more pictures of the girl from Chuck

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-28-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #157
alby
Guru

still waiting by the way

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #158
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Who needs her when you have Evangeline Lilly?

Evangeline lilly is 64 times hotter.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #159
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

*not*
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #160
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

=

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost