Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-09-2003, 07:57 AM   #161
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs vs Spurs Gameday

as said, a "W" is a "W"... so let the mavs celebrate and let the spurs snivel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2003, 09:59 AM   #162
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ONE THING: one thing that totally drives me up the wall is that every time they play these guys, Malik Rose does not look like a 6'8" undersized powerforward, rather we make him look like a god!

20pts, 22 REBOUNDS!!!...FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!
and in the post game, Nellie says "yeah we never have an answer for him".....Come on, Nellie, hes not Shaq or Duncan....these guys really have no answer.....but MRose???

ONE MORE THING: Jamison needs more minutes...the more he gets the better he plays..you can almost see him getting into rhythem!

OH yeah ONE MORE THING: I think now we can see the value of having one of the top five pg in the league...Nash must stay...is point forward just a dream gone bad...we'll see!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:06 AM   #163
Intruder

Intruder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
The Spurs play without Duncan and Parker and we barely beat them? To me that´s not a good win. The Spurs would have killed us had they been at full strenght. We are still in very bad shape IMO.
Don't forget, we also didn't have our back-up PG, and back-up 2G. Anyway, A win is a win, and you guys took this one. It's early in the season, so don't sweat it. The Mavs will be averaging 115 per game by Christmas.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Intruder
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #164
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a very good win for the mavericks. Obviously without Duncan it was easier, sure. But still it was in their house, it was played with playoff intensity and it was the FIRST big win for THIS mavericks team. It will go a long way as they continue to fight through their own incompetence. They will draw on this.

As the great Tuna says, winning on the road is very character building for a team. And as Nellie says going on the road lets a team bond together.

And at the end of this season (assuming that the mavs reach their potential) this obviously will still count for 1 win.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #165
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by: [b]Intruder
Don't forget, we also didn't have our back-up PG, and back-up 2G. Anyway, A win is a win, and you guys took this one. It's early in the season, so don't sweat it. The Mavs will be averaging 115 per game by Christmas.
pretty optimistic trud,.... (115 ppg)......I agree that the W is important, but chemistry is also important and they need to start seeing chemistry within a month. and it would appear that Nash may be the key to establishing that all important big "C", it is no secret that he makes this team go.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-09-2003, 12:47 PM   #166
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Just for the record:

Mavs are 1-0 when I started the Gameday Thread (mojo count) [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

At least if I remember correctly ...
Old 11-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #167
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

First off, Steve Nash won this game for the Mavs simply by being in the game tonight. I know 15pts 6ast and 3tos is'nt the most awesome
stat line ever, but stats don't tell the tale in this case. Even though we only scored 81, Nash's prescence allowed us to play better in the half court and in transition. I missed the first quarter, but in the 3 quarters I did see, Nash was the MVP for the Mavs in each one.

Malik Rose....ugh we made him into al all-star last night.....

Micheal Finley has no business playing 36 freekin minutes if all we're gonna get out of him is 7pts 5ast and 3 rebs. Although he did have 4 steals, only one of them was a true rip. I think Howard or Daniels should have gotten some of those minutes, I just hate seeing DNPs next to their names.

Quote:
I think now we can see the value of having one of the top five pg in the league
Try top 3, only Gary Payton and Jason Kidd could be argued as being better true PGs.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #168
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You are right on Rod. We've become really used to taking stevie for granted. Talks about trading him for WHO!! circulating around. It's nuts.

Not to mention the end of the game. What in the world do you think the chances of winning that game would have been with best running the team versus stevie.

Watching travis versus stevie and then the team without stevie makes me start to think that the all-star coaches know a heck of a lot more than us fans. Dirk and steve are the backbones of this team.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:40 PM   #169
sike
The Preacha

keep nash, pay him well, trade Walker at deadline.

Have a nice day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #170
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

88-91 mavs
Old 11-09-2003, 11:10 PM   #171
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Spurs Gameday

I don't know what's with saying malik rose is a pushover, everytime I see him play, he plays very well, kind of a supercharged najera. Granted, he is not as good as we made him out to be last game.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:44 AM   #172
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
I don't know what's with saying malik rose is a pushover, everytime I see him play, he plays very well, kind of a supercharged najera. Granted, he is not as good as we made him out to be last game.

bernardos rose is not the 1st nor the last player that is not as good as we make them out to be. Something about our system just tends to do that.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #173
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations to your Dallas Mavericks. Although it was an ugly game on both sides, a W is a W, especially against a Division rival. Needless to say, I can't wait until TD and Parker are back in the swing of things and playing well, but as they say, "there ain't no crying in basketball".

No excuses from this Spurs fan. Congratulations again, and I'm looking forward to the next game against Dallas...

P.S. I lost a case of good Shiner Bock on this game....
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote