Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2003, 11:15 PM   #1
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

it is within 24 hours, so let's get the party started.

if mavs lose, the #1 seed will be gone, mostly. and facing lakers at round 1.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:02 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Not real hopeful about this game either. Minnesota has a solid home record, and have won the previous two meetings.

Hopefully Fin will be back and give this team a spark it's been sorely lacking since he was injured.

104-92, without Fin, Minnesota wins.

102-94, with Fin, Dallas wins.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:14 AM   #3

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Mavs realize we need this one badly

Mavs 101-93
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:24 AM   #4
MichealNash

MichealNash is on a distinguished road

There are three thing needed to win this game.
1.Steve Nash
2.Big Dirk
3. Michael Finley
If we get Mike back we will win and if we dont we will still win. This is an important game and expect to see Dirk come out strong and finish even stronger. I predict 30 or more. I'll talk back tommorrow to brag if i'm right and cry if i'm wrong.

<< WORDLIFE, PEACE >>

Old 03-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Without Fin out there this team looks completly lost. Tonight we are going to need defense. Garnett is gonna get his but do not let him get a career high. Wally is a guy we need Bell and Griff to guard. Bell, please play him for the jumpshot. Do not let him beat you off the dribble. I would like to see TAW get some minutes at the 3 spot tonight. I don't believe Fin could sit out another game but when he does come back I expect a little rust from him and not to come in and make a major impact. Anyway...

Mavs 105- Twolves 101

Dirk finds his range and dominates KG with 28 points and 13 boards

Nick continues to play his role and his shot is still on with 20 points and 6 assists.

Nash has no problems with the T-wolves pg and dominates Troy Hudson with 18 points and 9 assists.

If Fin plays I expect a 16-22 game performance from him and he decides to rebound with 8 boards.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

BTW, Welcome to the board Michael Nash.

1996-2005
Old 03-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

103-99 Mavs win
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:12 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really surprised. Fin will be sitting out his 6th straight game.

Unless the others wake up, I don't see us winning this game today.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #9
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

You guys(and gals) really believe the Mavs will win today? I'm hopeful they can pull it off but just don't see it happening with all the injuries.

TWolves 106
Mavs 95
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I've got a really bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Tpuppies take us today.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:27 PM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I don't think we win this one. We're just too injury-depleted, and Dirk hasn't stepped it up. Also, Wolves have lost some bad ones recently, and will be out of the gates with a vengeance. And let's not forget how much better they are at home...

Wolves 102
Mavs 94
Old 03-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #12
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I can live with a loss but i want to see great effort.
At this moment i most fear a series vs. the blazers. Please let us play only the lakers or kings or spurs, please!!!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:34 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

David Aldridge just reported that Finley has been working out/practicing and his strength and control is all there. But, when he really pushes on it, he's still feeling a twinge in his leg.

Nelson said he'll most likely miss the game on Tuesday and they might even keep him out an extra game or two.

That they know if they lose Finley now, the playoffs will be a struggle.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #14
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Nash
Griffin
Najera
Dirk
Bradley
to start the game
Old 03-30-2003, 01:38 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Who said Shawn coudn't dunk it?
Old 03-30-2003, 01:40 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm thrilled with the starting lineup.

Loving that dunk by Bradley to start things off.

Bradley again...and the foul!!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Can someone tell Bill to shut his dumb ass up? Why can't this game be on FoxSW.

1996-2005
Old 03-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Will someone please shut Walton up!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Dirk made that first shot, a 3-point attempt, but I hope it's not a repeat performance from the Portland game where he's just settling for 3's. Even if he's hitting them, I hope he tries to go inside .

Bradley is on fire!!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:45 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

As soon as I say it...Dirk has taken nothing but 3-pointers. He's taken 4 shots, he's made 2 of them.

2 of them have been way off.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #21
Julius

If Dirk is open for 3 he should take them!!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:53 PM   #22
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Bradley is playing amazingly today.

Hitting his shots, and playing solid defense on the other end.

<< If Dirk is open for 3 he should take them!! >>

The problem in this current stretch is that he's not just taking open shots. He's taking them with a hand up in his face. He's shooting like 36%, but he is pretty much unstoppable when he goes inside, but he's SETTLING for 3's.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
Julius

What´s Bradley´s career high??
Old 03-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #24
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

9 points already, not bad Shawn...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #25
Julius

It´s 32 points.
If he is going, should he get feeded??
Old 03-30-2003, 01:59 PM   #26
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

Dirk on defense is like one of those big guys who have finally learned to shoot free-throw, but have terrible form. He can look completely lost and awkward, but still get a good stop.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Julius

Nash and Bradley out.
LaFrentz and Van Exel in.
I like that sub.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Hahaha. This Dirk is funny sometimes.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #29
Julius

3 fouls for Griffin - Abdul-Wahad in.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:04 PM   #30
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Let's see what Tariq can do tonight.

Dirk should really stop shooting treys...
Old 03-30-2003, 02:04 PM   #31
MavsFanFinley
Guru

First, it was Bradley that was showing he came to play.

Now, so far, LaFrentz looks like he wants to play.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #32
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Nick is bogging us down. He needs to get back like he was earlier in the week.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

HAhahaahha. Dirk's crazy for that stunt he pulled off. He had me crackin' up on that one. I don't think it's fair how the refs treat Raef. That foul they called him for was no foul at all and this is why he fouls out every game for fouls just like that which cause him to be less aggressive. I sure hope Nick is on today. I'd hate for everyone to play well but him.

1996-2005
Old 03-30-2003, 02:09 PM   #34
Julius

33-27 Mavs
The Mavs need to defend the 3pointer better.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:10 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Dirk is owning Garnett now.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:10 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

Nice lob to Dirk and then nice defense by Dirk picking up the foul on KG. The best way to stop KG is with fouls.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:11 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Just noticed that Dirk just grabbed his first rebound.

FINALLY, that's what we want from Dirk. Aggressiveness. He's feeling it now. Basket and the foul.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #38
Julius

<< Dirk is owning Garnett now. >>

And Garnett the Mavs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #39
Chiwas
Guru

Sweet. Garnett is really tired.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Dirk missed a free throw, how did that happen??? He made his last 28 I think...