Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Congrats Dirk... all-time Maverick leader in Points!

You're the greatest Maverick... and hope we see you playing well for many, many more years!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Congrats to the best (offensive) player in franchise history. Now is the perfect time for taking the last step and win it all!!!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Some people pray to God before they go to sleep at night - Chuck Norris prays to Dirk...

[what, we don't get to dedicate a string of Chuck Norris jokes to Dirk in light of his achievement?]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's worth noting that since he broke into the league in 1998-99, only Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson have scored more points.
Nice...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

congrats bro.

p.s. I love you
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I said this in another thread but... my computer decided to go to a screen saver as the record setting shot was in the air! Can you believe that??

anyway.. congrats Dirk! No basketball player deserves success as much as you do.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Dirk. Well deserved.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that amazes me the most about Dirk is how he just keeps developing and growing as a player. It's also refreshing to see a guy whose game is unique. There is only one Dirk.

Ro was my favorite Mav growing up. It's nice to see someone of equal character break his record.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Dirk,

Congrats on the three four to hit the big one six six four four. Along with becoming the all-time leading Mavericks scorer, you've accomplished a lot here that register with me as being equally significant as the record:

-You've made your coaches better coaches.
-You've made your teammates better players.
-You've made the MVP award more meaningful.
-You've made international scrubs into millionaires.
-You've made the dorkiest owner a little cool somehow.
-You've made being an evil German okay for the first time in over 50 years.
-You've made or break hurricane seasons with your haircut cycles and effectively eliminated them this year by maintaining the mop.

All joking aside, you're my favorite basketball player of all-time (and if not for stupid chronology and silly childhood affections, you'd be my favorite athlete of all-time) and it's been a superb pleasure trying to watch as many of those points you've scored.

Big ups, my man.

To another 16k,
Rabbitproof

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I like Dirk´s modesty:
Quote:
“There have been so many great players along the way,” Nowitzki said. “Ro Blackman is a friend of mine and he coached the German national team one year so I’m really, really close to him. I hate to break his record and take it from him, but it’s definitely a great honor for me.”

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

All that I can think of is the quote "Nice players finish last", Dirk you have put that to rest. Congratulations, there is no one I would have rather broke this record than you. Thank you for being such a great person!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i wish the rest of the team was playing as well as he is...man...to have one of his best seasons of all time, the scoring leader, the triple-double, and they're 7th place in west...

anyway, Congrats Dirk! You're the best!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

thats my boy, we're guna hit 20k soon!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Can't wait to see him shoot for 20,000
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #15
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Dear Dirk,

I wish I could quit you!

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #16
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Last night, I dreamed we traded him for trash from Miami. In the dream, I was still aware that he had just broken this franchise record, which obviously made it worse. It was nice waking up and remembering we're past the trade deadline.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Congrats Dirk, got to see it in person . It was an amazing atmosphere although 1/3rd of the fans left early since they had no clue as to what they were about to nowitness.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #18
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

congrats Dirk. May the next sweet 16 be even sweeter!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait 20k.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
Underdog

I can't wait until 1...

...ring.

(that seems to be the only number for Dirk that matters now!)

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a pleasure dirkster, a pleasure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

Now that he has the record, I think I'm going to start keeping track of the record in my sig. We're at 16,644 right now right?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

DIRK!!!!!! YESH BABY!!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #24
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I didn't get to watch the game.

Congrats Dirk!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #25
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Congrats Dirk! You deserve it!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Now that he has the record, I think I'm going to start keeping track of the record in my sig. We're at 16,644 right now right?
I'm not sure, but I think points scored in the playoffs are counted separately.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #27
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Congrats Dirk. Now go win the title, you deserve it!

GO MAVS!
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I'm not sure, but I think points scored in the playoffs are counted separately.
yeah that sounds right. Ro scored 16,643 which was the record, so I'm going with 16,644 and up from here.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #29
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

dang. We need 3,400 more threads in this forum to catch Dirk's point total. Come on folks! Quit lollygagging and blame someone. Start an Avery thread today. Do it for the team.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #30
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Dirk!

At the pace he's on now 20,000 shouldn't take too long. Dirk is the reason I started watching and playing basketball, he's sort of a mini hero for me.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Congrats Dirk, here's to 16K more and many more seasons as a Maverick! My favorite player of all time in any sport. A great player with great character, work ethic, and humility. Thanks for the And 1. Thanks for the 50 point explosion against the Suns. Thanks for leading us to the Finals. Thanks for letting me enjoy an MVP by a Maverick. Thanks for reinventing the position. Thanks for always working harder than everyone else. Thanks for your improvements in your game. Thanks for never being satisfied and always trying to do better. Thanks for the threes from a 7 footer. Thanks for the fadeaways. Thanks for the scowl. Thanks for the passion. Thanks for the desire. Thanks for the tongue wagging after hitting a big three. Thanks you for making me love this game so much. Thanks for being everything a great athlete should be. Love ya man!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:39 AM   #32
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts

Congrat's to you Dirk, Your the reason the Mavs are so good, and fun to watch. I can't wait to see u get to 20,000. Mark don't ever trade Dirk we Mavs want to see him retire in Big D. He's just to much! Go Mavs 110% Diehard Mavs fan.
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #33
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Congrats, Dirk! You're the man.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #34
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone else hear Ro's comments about Dirk breaking his record during the Nets game?? At the very end he mentioned that Dirk is a "better player"...very classy, Ro.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #35
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Dirk, your my biggest man crush. Your awesome! Best Mav ever!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #36
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Monday, March 10, 2008
Congratulations Dirk on scoring record

Congratulations to Dirk Nowitzki for becoming the Mavericks’ all-time leading scorer. The reigning MVP broke Rolando Blackman’s record with his jumper late in Saturday’s win over New Jersey.

Here’s the video at mavs.com commemorating the achievement and just a few quotes from Dirk and others I’ve collected over the years.

Dirk on breaking the record: “It’s a great honor to be the all-time leading scorer for this franchise. There have been so many great players along the way. Ro Blackman is a friend of mine and he coached the German National team one year, so I’m really, really close to him, so I hate to break that record and take it from him, but it’s definitely a great honor for me.”

Dirk on being able to appreciate this accomplishment now: “It’s a little too early. Hopefully, I’ve got a lot of good basketball, a lot of points left in me for this franchise. All of those records are going to look really nice in 20, 30 years when you look back and you can tell your grandchildren about them.”

Avery Johnson on sharing a hug with Dirk after breaking the record: “That was a pretty strong moment for us. And I know it was for me during my coaching tenure. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Dirk as a player and now as a coach. It’s been a great ride. He allows me to push him. I think I’m probably on him more than anybody. I know sometimes there’s some disappointment about some of his performances, but nobody’s on him probably as hard as I am. He’s allowed me to try to bring the best of him. He’s had a triple-double this year, he’s been MVP. He defends the paint better, he has a better post-up game, he’s a better passer. He’s really just been a joy to work with.”

Mark Cuban: “You don’t have to encourage him to get into the gym, he’s the guy you have to lock out. He’s not the guy who you wonder if he cares, he’s the guy who hurts so much when things don’t go the way you want. That’s what makes him an MVP.”

Jason Kidd: “He’s the best. He’s the MVP. He’s the best big man I’ve played with. He’d be one of the best small guys I’ve played with, too.”

Two-time MVP and former teammate Steve Nash: “He’s the unquestioned leader [of the Mavs] in many ways, and he’s extremely committed and focused. To be the best player and be that committed and focused and a leader and win that many games, he’s the MVP.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich: “If you want to look for holes in a game, Dirk is not the guy to look to. He is about as perfect as you can get.”

Former TNT analyst and Suns executive Steve Kerr: “I just like the way that he’s now a complete player, just does whatever is necessary, plays any style, adapts to what the defense is doing, and I think he’s just an amazing player who’s taken the next step.”

Heat coach Pat Riley: “He is so unique. First of all, he can handle the ball, he can shoot the ball, he drives it. He is a very, very tough guy to guard.’’

Hall of Famer and ESPN analyst Bill Walton: “Dirk is representative of the dream of David Stern. Fourteen years ago, it was incomprehensible that any player outside of the United States would be able to crack the top 15 in the world. I would say Dirk is top 10 of all the players in the world right now.”

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant: “He’s a phenomenal player.’’

Link
Watch the Video (Link in the third sentence of the article)! To be continued...

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 03-10-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #37
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Congrats to Dirk. Any chance he sees the all time record?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ts_career.html

20 a night for 8 more seasons 80 games a year, 12,800 more points, sticks him right behind Wilt with those averages. 5th all time.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #38
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, Dirk. You are the best Mavericks player in history, and you the deserve the honor of being the all time leader scorer.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #39
fluid.forty.one

"Dirk is top 10 of all the players in the world right now."

Bill Walton is such a moron.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
"Dirk is top 10 of all the players in the world right now."

Bill Walton is such a moron.
Ask him what 20 people he would put in his top ten, and he will do it.