Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-05-2001, 08:54 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I trashed everything I had already done for the site and started all over again. Don't get mad because I really didn't have THAT much done anyway.

Friday (4PM-9PM, 11PM-1AM)
Started work on a template for the stat history "database", which includes every stat for every player to suit up for the Mavs.

Saturday
Went back to sitting on my butt. Also went to the Mavs/Rockets game.

Sunday (3PM-9:30PM, 11:30PM-3:30PM)
Started work on a brand new graphic layout from scratch (meaning, an 8.5x11 blank document in Photoshop). Had a hard time falling asleep because I REALLY wanted to keep working on the site. However I knew I wouldn't be able to get my ass up for my 8AM class if I did.

What's left?
- Finish up graphic layout.
- Create cover page graphics (gotta make it extra purty)
- Slice up the images and code it up in HTML, DHTML, and JavaScript [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
- Integrate stats template into site design.
- Input team data from every Mavs roster.
- Input data into other sections (ie, schedule, standings, etc.).
- Publish the site online.

But that's not all:
- Once the site is online, I'll begin work on the player database, with individual pages for every Mav player in history, featuring career and yearly stats.
- A more functional chat room will be added.
- Free e-mail accounts (@dallas-mavs.com) will be available.

Features I'm planning to add:
- Real-time instant messaging (similar to AOL Instant Messenger) will be an added feature to the board.
- In Summer 2001, everything will become database-driven, thereby making things faster and easier to update.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2001, 09:18 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sounds good to me. Can't wait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:48 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If everything goes as planned, you won't have to wait long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Expected launch date is currently set for Monday, March 12.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

tight
Old 03-07-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

I'm finishing up the frontpage layout today, and will also try to finish the template/layout for the rest of the site. I'll probably spend a little time touching up the colors but that shouldn't take too long. Tomorrow will be spent splicing and coding it all up. The site will make HEAVY use of frames, dhtml, and javascript so people with old browsers or slow connections might have a prob. I'm tired of making my sites compatible for everyone (meaning, the folks in Hillbilly, USA who just discovered the Internet) so I've decided to take a more experimental approach with this site. Besides, it'll be a badass addition to my portfolio (gotta think about getting into grad school next year!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyway, here's the current timetable I'm working on:

Wed - Finish and touch up graphic layouts.
Thurs - Splice it all up and do the coding.
Fri - Finish coding and begin inputting data.
Sat, Sun - Input stats..ALL of em! Proofread and fact-check when complete.
Mon - Expected launch date.

If all goes well, then we'll be up and running by Monday. However, keeping in mind that I just started on this whole thing on Friday (it's been less then a week!), things may or may not be completely ready by then. I've NEVER completed a site this quickly, especially one of this magnitude. I don't plan on having a half-assed site up, so the launch date might be moved back a day or two if I think it necessary. Whatever the case, I'm still on track so no worries yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 02:22 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Just out of curiosity, What color's(old logo or new logo) are you going to use on the site?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:31 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Blue and grey. I'm not making this site just so I could do it over again this summer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2001, 01:42 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Been having the worst migraines the last couple days..I'm now two days behind schedule [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Thank goodness for Spring Break.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:03 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

I knew this was coming..launch has been moved to Thursday. Too much crap goin on the last couple days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2001, 12:46 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

General site layout design will be completed today. I'm REALLY behind schedule because I've been meeting with new clients the last two days. I'm about to ink a new deal (later today or tomorrow) but hopefully that won't slow down this site's development too much.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:18 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

ink a new deal?? what are you DJ, the f'n president??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2001, 01:22 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Damn straight! You betta recognize bro [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]