Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

to add to Murph and BBL, I agree that for a show with high hopes...it sure does have a shakey cast and shakey acting...

oh...and how in the world did the son not see the note book jammed into the ladtop...pretty dumb...lots of things about it are really pretty dumb...

the only thing that has kept me plugged it is that my buddy and I watch it together...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #42
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

good episode, but we pretty much went nowhere with all of the characters (except Hiro).

small stuff with the flying brothers (the brother not being able to fly while the other isn't around sure does lend credence to the theory we talked about above). nothing with alter-ego girl and cheerleader. a little bit with the cop (being abducted). and then a little with the painter (the fact that he actually wants to paint now, instead of being afraid of it).
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
good episode, but we pretty much went nowhere with all of the characters (except Hiro).

small stuff with the flying brothers (the brother not being able to fly while the other isn't around sure does lend credence to the theory we talked about above). nothing with alter-ego girl and cheerleader. a little bit with the cop (being abducted). and then a little with the painter (the fact that he actually wants to paint now, instead of being afraid of it).

yeah I agree with the bit about the guy trying to fly. (I still dont know any of their names)

THe craziest crap we saw last night was in the previews for the next episode. Did you see that shot of the cheerleader with her chest sliced open for an autopsy? It was a little cheesy but still....

the japanese guys crack me up.

Studio 60 was good again.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
yeah I agree with the bit about the guy trying to fly. (I still dont know any of their names)

THe craziest crap we saw last night was in the previews for the next episode. Did you see that shot of the cheerleader with her chest sliced open for an autopsy? It was a little cheesy but still....

the japanese guys crack me up.

Studio 60 was good again.
Wait, that was the previews? I thought that was the end of the episode when we saw her on the autopsy table. Maybe I'm not remembering properly.

BBL, I thought we went a little ways with the alter-ego chick. I mean, we at least found out more about her, found out what the older bodies were about at the burial spot.

I really liked last night's episode, although that chick hanging out with the professor's son can NOT act.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-10-2006 at 11:08 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Wait, that was the previews? I thought that was the end of the episode when we saw her on the autopsy table. Maybe I'm not remembering properly.

BBL, I thought we went a little ways with the alter-ego chick. I mean, we at least found out more about her, found out what the older bodies were about at the burial spot.

I really liked last night's episode, although that chick hanging out with the professor's son can NOT act.

no you're right.....it was the end of the episode. my bad. the previews were her slamming the car into something.

sorry
Old 10-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the professor's son is poor actor as well.

also...there is no way the Father is actually dead. That actor is a famous one and would not sign on to just "lend" his face to the back of a book...mark my words he will show up some how in this show...in flashbacks, or in a changed future whatever...he'll show up.

actually liked the scene with the chick all cut up...but did find it odd that there was no dr. around

the mirror chick's power is still a mystery to me...I wants to undertand it!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #47
sike
The Preacha

also...I think its dull writing that has had this cheerleader chick "die" so many times on accident...cheesey. we get it...she can't die unless you leave the device of her demise in the wound.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
also...I think its dull writing that has had this cheerleader chick "die" so many times on accident...cheesey. we get it...she can't die unless you leave the device of her demise in the wound.
I agree. I'm sure this series of events is meant to drive her to leave wherever the hell she is and interact with these other people. Or to draw attention to her, setting certain events in motion.

But you're right....it doesn't need to keep happening over and over....
Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Would anyone mind pming a basic wrap up of the first couple episodes as well as when this is on? This sounds like a show i would like but i havent seen it yet. Im a big superhero fan in general.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I believe you can watch "2 minute recaps" on NBC.com....and maybe even whole episodes.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #51
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

oh, one other complaint.

WE GET IT! SHE'S A CHEERLEADER!

doesn't she have any other clothes?

thig, i know we found out some more stuff about alter-ego girl, but i didn't think it was that interesting. but i do think it's actually her husband in the grave, not some other body. that's whay he can't be found...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #52
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

When is it on? Sounds kind of interesting.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh, one other complaint.

thig, i know we found out some more stuff about alter-ego girl, but i didn't think it was that interesting. but i do think it's actually her husband in the grave, not some other body. that's whay he can't be found...
Yeah, I noticed the cheerleader thing last night as well. It's not just here though, the entire squad is always wearing their uniforms at school, correct?

Very weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
oh, one other complaint.

and the son seems to know it...."They won't find him"....this is what I thoguht when I heard this line...as if he witnessed his mother's alter ego kill his father...

Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #55
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i would agree with that sike. that he witnessed it, and i guess he knows about the mom's issue.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

BBL, it has to be more than a split personality...or its not so "super" at all...what is it about the other personality that makes her a potential "hero"??? I can't figure it out yet....anyone have any clues?

Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #57
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

What if the narrator's father isn't really dead? Maybe he could be Syler, still trying to track down the mutants, but with a different person in mind... and maybe the short haired chick is in cahoots with his dad, and just befriending the narrator in order to get information, or somesuch? More importantly, do I have any good chocolate in the house??? I'll keep you all posted...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I finally watched these 3 episodes and I'll say I'm pretty intrigued. I just can't grasp the concept yet, but it's too early I guess. Is this going to be a short-lived story, or a never-ending one?

After watching the last one, after the Cheerleader woke up with her chest split (which, when is the last time you saw this much blood on a regular TV show non-episodic?) I couldn't help but be reminded of two shows I got hooked on last year. Surface, and Invasion.

I really don't want to expend the interest only to be lost in a cancellation. I know they picked it up for the rest of the year... but they did the same to Surface and Invasion. I'll give it a couple more shows I think before deciding.

But man, Studio 60 is really good. I think that might make my regular rotation.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #59
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
But man, Studio 60 is really good. I think that might make my regular rotation.
That made my regular rotation after week 1..... i have a big gay man crush on matthew perry
Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 AM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Honestly, Studio 60 probably has a better chance of being cancelled prematurely than Heroes. Studio 60 has a huge operating budget, and they are not getting the ratings they were looking for.

I fear a premature ending for it, and it's a shame, because it's a great show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #61
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Honestly, Studio 60 probably has a better chance of being cancelled prematurely than Heroes. Studio 60 has a huge operating budget, and they are not getting the ratings they were looking for.

I fear a premature ending for it, and it's a shame, because it's a great show.
aww, where did you read this?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
aww, where did you read this?
All over the place.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2006/10..._studio_1.html

CSI Miami is destroying it, which is just sad.

But, they had to know that this might be a bit of a niche type show.

I haven't read that they're at all close to cancelling it, but they are definitely not getting the ratings they expected.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

damnit
Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Studio 60 did pick it up this week, apparantly.

BTW, if you do some reading around on TV ratings, Heroes is REALLY starting to pick up steam. This could end up being Lost all over again.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #65
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
After watching the last one, after the Cheerleader woke up with her chest split (which, when is the last time you saw this much blood on a regular TV show non-episodic?) I couldn't help but be reminded of two shows I got hooked on last year. Surface, and Invasion.
well, that kind of view is always prevalent on CSI (don't know about Miami and NY, i never watch those). lots of blood on that show.

i am also now in the boat of believing that the elder suresh is actually Sylar. the fact that it's a decently well-known actor, and the whole hidden sylar room (another map, and all the "FORGIVE ME"s written on the wall) backs it up for me.

good to see ratings increasing for Heroes. Studio 60 is a weird show to match up with Heroes, but I like them both... plus, Studio 60 is across from CSI:Miami, which is popular for some strange reason. i hate david caruso. he's a joke.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-11-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #66
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
This could end up being Lost all over again.
not a chance. Lost started out with amazing actors, plot lines, and direction...this show has an interesting premise and that is all.

I assume your comment was directed at raitings comparisons though...

Old 10-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
not a chance. Lost started out with amazing actors, plot lines, and direction...this show has an interesting premise and that is all.

I assume your comment was directed at raitings comparisons though...
Well, I'm not sure what amazing actors you're referring to. Lost had a couple of recognizable faces, but certainly no one with any real draw.

Heroes is picking up on word of mouth, and is like Lost in that it is VERY big on the internet, with lots of message boards with debates over the smallest things in every show.

Ratings wise, it's already the most viewed new show of the season.

Put all those things together, and it most certainly has Lost-type potential.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-11-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
well, that kind of view is always prevalent on CSI (don't know about Miami and NY, i never watch those). lots of blood on that show.

i am also now in the boat of believing that the elder suresh is actually Sylar. the fact that it's a decently well-known actor, and the whole hidden sylar room (another map, and all the "FORGIVE ME"s written on the wall) backs it up for me.

good to see ratings increasing for Heroes. Studio 60 is a weird show to match up with Heroes, but I like them both... plus, Studio 60 is across from CSI:Miami, which is popular for some strange reason. i hate david caruso. he's a joke.
Yup, I just don't get how so many people watch CSI:Miami. I mean, I might stop down to laugh at Caruso a little bit, but that's it. Very strange.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yup, I just don't get how so many people watch CSI:Miami. I mean, I might stop down to laugh at Caruso a little bit, but that's it. Very strange.

I agree. I can't get into CSI....or Law and Order....or SVU or...without a trace...or whatever. How many of those shows are there?

Man if studio 60 gets cancelled Im going to be pissed..... sports night all over again.

Im glad heroes is at least doing well.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #70
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

now, don't diss the original CSI. that is a great show.

i will say one thing about CSI:Miami. it looks absolutely stunning in HD, the times i flip through.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-11-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #71
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Horatio, sunglasses on top of head.... then flipped down as he spews out his reassuring words of calm and wisdom is by far the funniest thing on Television.

I am pretty hooked on it.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #72
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha. you know that insert that comes with the sunday paper - USA WEEKEND?

they run letters from readers, and this was one from a few weeks ago. i thought it was hilarious.

Quote:
Can you tell me why "CSI: Miami's" David Caruso turns to one side when he is addressing someone on the show? I've never seen anyone do this strange sideways speaking move.
Bill Higgins, Auburn, Ala.

You're not the only one who has noticed what we see as Caruso's annoying tic. We're told it's "acting."
unintentional comedy to the utmost degree.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #73
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I agree. I can't get into CSI....or Law and Order....or SVU or...without a trace...or whatever. How many of those shows are there?

Man if studio 60 gets cancelled Im going to be pissed..... sports night all over again.

Im glad heroes is at least doing well.

I agree with this, but i do watch Law&Order/SVU because they came out first. All these CSIs, Numbers, Boston Legal, Without a Trace are all knockoffs, that's why i watch reality shows most of the time.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #74
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

CSI is not a knockoff of Law and Order. it's really unique in its own right. dealing heavily in the forensics aspect, as opposed to just straight police-work. granted, it did come out 10 years after Law & order, but i really don't think the shows are similar at all, aside from simply dealing with crimes.

but again, i'm not defending CSI:Miami or NY

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-11-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #75
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Boston Legal is no knockoff of CSI or SVU either.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #76
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

No, i'm saying all these shows are knockoffs of each other. Example, Boston Legal=Sharks(or whatever that James Woods show is)=The Practice. Numbers=Without a Trace.

There's so many of them, i don't have time to keep up with them.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #77
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
No, i'm saying all these shows are knockoffs of each other. Example, Boston Legal=Sharks(or whatever that James Woods show is)=The Practice. Numbers=Without a Trace.

There's so many of them, i don't have time to keep up with them.
Well Boston Legal is a spin off of the practice so they were never on at the same time i dont think.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-12-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

one led directly to the other...

Old 10-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #79
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://thetvaddict.com/?p=959
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:37 AM   #80
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
wow...he answers a lot of questions very directly.