Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #1201
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

but what about the saggy boobies? (U2 really wants to know)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #1202
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we had been given some kind of indication about whether or not Eloise or Widmore ever saw Jacob. Richard sort of answered the question about who was the leader in 1977. It was clearly Eloise. But Widmore was clearly in charge in 1986 when Ben took Alex.

I was thinking about Brams warning to Miles that he was "playing for the wrong team".

I think someone already said this...but I think we need to start considering that Widmore is playing for the Fake Locke (Flocke)/Body Snatch Anti-Jacob guy...which might put Ben and Widmore on the same team next year I guess?

Then again, if the "humans" are aware of the demi-gods little game of "people suck" vs "no they don't"...wouldn't that ruin it?

Bleah.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #1203
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I wish we had been given some kind of indication about whether or not Eloise or Widmore ever saw Jacob. Richard sort of answered the question about who was the leader in 1977. It was clearly Eloise. But Widmore was clearly in charge in 1986 when Ben took Alex.

I was thinking about Brams warning to Miles that he was "playing for the wrong team".

I think someone already said this...but I think we need to start considering that Widmore is playing for the Fake Locke (Flocke)/Body Snatch Anti-Jacob guy...which might put Ben and Widmore on the same team next year I guess?

Then again, if the "humans" are aware of the demi-gods little game of "people suck" vs "no they don't"...wouldn't that ruin it?

Bleah.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben switched sides, though, once he learns who Locke really is (which I assume he will when they leave the Statue).

I have a nagging suspicion that maybe Eloise, upon waking up, pulls the Frozen Donkey Wheel, which sends the Losties back to 2007. The white flash we saw was that time flash. I have no idea WHY it would necessarily do so, or why she would want to do so all of a sudden. I was just thinking that Eloise has to leave the island some way. When she leaves, that forces Charles to then leave the Island in order to visit her. So he gets kicked off, too, eventually.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #1204
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

When she wakes up, huh?

Does the temple protect from NUCLEAR BOMBS?

On this show, everything is possible, but I'm just saying.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #1205
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think someone already said this...but I think we need to start considering that Widmore is playing for the Fake Locke (Flocke)/Body Snatch Anti-Jacob guy...
yeah, someone really sexy and successful...who is loved by all the ladies.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #1206
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'll try to stop repeating myself sike, I'm sorry.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #1207
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Bleah.
Jacob's last words, "They're coming" seemed to put a little fear into Easu...that "task force" of Jacob's isn't going to be easy to dissuade.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #1208
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'll try to stop repeating myself sike, I'm sorry.

I would be willing to guess that if Widmore is a pawn of Esau...that he is one unknowingly. Unless we have reason to assume that Widmore would hate Jacob for "banishing" him?

Last edited by sike; 05-15-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #1209
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hope "they're coming" referred to the people that Jacob groped throughout the flashbacks.

It could also mean Ilana and her load of dead corpse she just toted all over the island.

I am sure we are meant to debate this until January.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #1210
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
When she wakes up, huh?

Does the temple protect from NUCLEAR BOMBS?

On this show, everything is possible, but I'm just saying.
I meant "when she wakes up" from Richard hitting her on the head and knocking her out. She would have already woken up. I'm saying that Juliet pounding the bomb didn't explode it. Instead, Ellie rushed to the FDW and turned it (shown off-screen) before it could asplode. I don't see how it falling down a huge shaft like that could not detonate it, but a rock can.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #1211
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The white flash that ended the season was completely different than the other time flashes. And the usual sound was absent. And the crazy black on white end title screen.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #1212
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The white flash that ended the season was completely different than the other time flashes. And the usual sound was absent. And the crazy black on white end title screen.
How many other times have there been silent endings? I thought there have been a few?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #1213
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
go back and watch the end...doesn't it sound like an explosion going off?

of course that proves nothing.

Last edited by sike; 05-15-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #1214
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I thought the sound we heard a thousand times in episodes 1 through 8 this year was absent. The time travel noise. Similar to what we heard at the end of season 2 when "the sky turned purple".

That noise.

I didn't hear it when she was beating on jack's cylinder with her rock.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #1215
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #1216
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, true.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #1217
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do I feel so dirty for reading that?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #1218
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Why do I feel so dirty for reading that?
because you're a filthy perv!

Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #1219
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

There's just something so inherently funny about any sentence involving "beating on" or "beating off"

Anyway...

Watching "Cabin Fever" whilst I eat lunch.

And I was thinking about the dream that John has in the beginning, with Horace cutting down the trees....and all of Johns other dreams. The doing of Anti-Jacob? Or does "the island" really do things on it's own apart from Jacob and his friend?

And Ben tells Locke "I used to have dreams too". Did he? It seems genuine enough.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #1220
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
does "the island" really do things on it's own apart from Jacob and his friend?
VERY important question. For the entire series the Island has been spoken of as having a will...it will be interesting to know if all that was just misapplication.

Quote:
And Ben tells Locke "I used to have dreams too". Did he? It seems genuine enough.
Of course, he is a liar..."that's what I do"

Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #1221
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Continuing our revision of LOST history....

Hurley could see the cabin...was that such a good thing?

Hurley saw the eye of (what we thought was Jacob, but now we're not so sure) AND Christian in the rocking chair. 2 different beings. That kind of challenges the notions I have conceived in the last 2 days about what Christian is/was/has been all this time.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #1222
sike
The Preacha

Like I said recently...I wanna tap the brakes before we just assume that Esau has been just wearing a mask...there could be something of John Locke in that new "Locke".

Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #1223
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I think Locke's old memories could be in Esau-Locke.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #1224
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

finally got to watch this thing last night.

ummm....the other dude's name is esau? huh esau was jacob's bad twin brother, right?

i'm such a lost retard i can't keep up with anything.

i'm guessing next season is going to start about where season one started, and sike is going to be back into full-on homo-erotic obsession over Boone.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #1225
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

no, his name is not Esau. We don't know his name. We're just calling him Esau, for the exact biblical reference you're talking about.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1226
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
i'm guessing next season is going to start about where season one started, and sike is going to be back into full-on homo-erotic obsession over Boone.
We can only hope.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #1227
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
We can only hope.
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't even know what you're referring to...

Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #1228
sike
The Preacha

Seriously...who doesn't want that guy dead?

I'm betting even his mother...if not ESPECIALLY his mother.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #1229
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay dreamy.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #1230
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This thread just makes me sad now. And not because it's degenerated into Boone talk.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #1231
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

LOL

Smoke Monster given own prime-time spin-off series
Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #1232
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
'Brrrrr, chk-chk-chk-chk, muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrhhh,'"

giggle
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #1233
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

it's gotta be better than "Joey".
Old 05-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #1234
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Smoke Monster tells his side of the story.

Warning, Smoke Monster has a foul mouth.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost