Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized I have an enormous problem. I have tickets to a Stars game on the night of the LOST premier. Crap.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I found it.... underneath the pickles.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, hockey vs. LOST? how is that even a debate? i mean, come on... it's hockey!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
hmmm, hockey vs. LOST? how is that even a debate? i mean, come on... it's hockey!
First of all....don't hate.

Second.... ONE WEEK!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever watch that Onion vid Flaco?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Did you ever watch that Onion vid Flaco?
Yes, and somehow I've managed to make dozens and dozens of real live friends.

Also, I'm rewatching 5.12 "Dead is Dead" tonight....Is there any way that the man in black/Flocke/Esau is not the smoke monster? I have become more convinced of this fact over the off-season.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 AM   #47
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yes, and somehow I've managed to make dozens and dozens of real live friends.

Also, I'm rewatching 5.12 "Dead is Dead" tonight....Is there any way that the man in black/Flocke/Esau is not the smoke monster? I have become more convinced of this fact over the off-season.
I wonder if that question will ever be answered.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The question about how I got any friends?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #49
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

What's the big deal about missing LOST? If you don't have something called DVR, all the episodes are free online at abc.com.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #50
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

My number one question that I want answered but fear it never will be:
What ever happened to the golf course?

My second question:
What's the deal with the episode where Jin is getting that panda and Sun is having her baby? Was the Jin part from the past or even further in the future?
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #51
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
My number one question that I want answered but fear it never will be:
What ever happened to the golf course?

My second question:
What's the deal with the episode where Jin is getting that panda and Sun is having her baby? Was the Jin part from the past or even further in the future?
That is quite apparently Jin from the past, Sun in the present. He has a really old cellphone and is working for Paik, so it has to be pre-crash.

Secondly, man-in-black = smoke monster is something that makes so much sense it might actually not be true. It almost feels too easy to buy into that. But I don't know if I'm holding myself to an appropriate standard of Lost-easiness. What is easy for me to see because I devote my life to the freaking show may not be so easy for a casual fan, and so it therefore isn't that easy to see. Am I making any sense?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #53
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Sawyer on Ellen last week. He is a very attractive man.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

If the man in black is the smoke monster...yet he is some kind of super being/god....how could a sonic wall keep him at bay? Seems pretty wimpy for a god/super being.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #55
LonghornDub

Quote:
The question about how I got any friends?
Well, that too. But I was wondering if the question of "who/what is the smoke monster?" will actually ever really be answered, or if it's one of those many questions from earlier seasons that have now become unimportant or otherwise fallen by the wayside.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind if they don't tell us who/what the monster is....but that really is one of my most pulsing...throbbing...engorged questions!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #57
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Oh and does anyone else remember that one of the characters said that the sound the smoke monster makes is familiar? Or am I making that up? If I'm not, what the hell did that mean? It doesn't sound like anything I've heard?
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #58
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, that too. But I was wondering if the question of "who/what is the smoke monster?" will actually ever really be answered, or if it's one of those many questions from earlier seasons that have now become unimportant or otherwise fallen by the wayside.
Well, I think some of the events of season 5 (the "judgment" and, now, we see its possible connections with he who may turn into the Big Baddie of the show) bring the exact nature of the Smoke Monster to the forefront. I don't expect to learn how exactly a monster made of mechanical smoke exists on a South Pacific island. But, for example, its role and purpose I would expect to see answered in some way.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #59
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Oh and does anyone else remember that one of the characters said that the sound the smoke monster makes is familiar? Or am I making that up? If I'm not, what the hell did that mean? It doesn't sound like anything I've heard?
That was Rose. She said it reminded her of the subway in the Bronx. But she could be a crackhead who got hold of the wrong stuff.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #60
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I think the smoke monster is something they have very purposefully nurtured and developed throughout the series. They have a policy (they being Lindelof and Cuse): Every time you see the smoke monster, you learn something new about it.

So I think that is one that we'll get more on.

Now, other things...who knows? People (girls and gay people) always ask them about Libby (being in the mental hospital, etc) and Annie (the little girl Ben was friends with). These kinds of things I think are going to go unanswered.

The numbers may even go unanswered. I think I prefer it that way. I can't imagine how 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 can be explained without sounding completely dumb. I would be happy if those were just left as they are: mysterious.

The big enchilada for me has always been the nature of the island itself, and this seems like something they shouldn't try to answer at all. Though, I hope we get some more insight into all the Egyptian stuff on the island and why it's there.

Something I hope gets explained a little more is the Swan. Clearly there was something special beneath the station. The button seems to have served some purpose...but then again, after they blew it up there was seemingly no change or consequence to anyone but Desmond.

Most of all I hope they reveal that there has been something at stake all this time, and that Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sun and Jin have some important part to play after all of that BS. And hopefully John Locke's journey will not have been in vain.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think the smoke monster is something they have very purposefully nurtured and developed throughout the series. They have a policy (they being Lindelof and Cuse): Every time you see the smoke monster, you learn something new about it.

Now, other things...who knows? People (girls and gay people) always ask them about Libby (being in the mental hospital, etc) and Annie (the little girl Ben was friends with). These kinds of things I think are going to go unanswered.

The numbers may even go unanswered. I think I prefer it that way. I can't imagine how 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 can be explained without sounding completely dumb. I would be happy if those were just left as they are: mysterious.

The big enchilada for me has always been the nature of the island itself, and this seems like something they shouldn't try to answer at all. Though, I hope we get some more insight into all the Egyptian stuff on the island and why it's there.

Something I hope gets explained a little more is the Swan. Clearly there was something special beneath the station. The button seems to have served some purpose...but then again, after they blew it up there was seemingly no change or consequence to anyone but Desmond.

Most of all I hope they reveal that there has been something at stake all this time, and that Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sun and Jin have some important part to play after all of that BS. And hopefully John Locke's journey will not have been in vain.
what a great post.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #62
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

4 days!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #63
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i just made a mess under my desk.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #64
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Did you drop some papers or something? I don't uhhh....I don't quite follow you.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #65
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

It's a little embarassing. I'd rather not talk about it.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-29-2010 at 12:35 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #66
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are doomed! oops

I just needed to subscribe to this thread...
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #67
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I feel signs that it is near.....
Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #68
sike
The Preacha

me happy

Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #69
LonghornDub

Quote:

Sweet post.

You and the others must practically be salivating (apparently alexa is doing even more than salivating).

Old 02-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So I was watching something on freaking Food Network tonight...and a LOST commercial comes on...and it was completely new footage flashing by in fleeting fashion.

I saw something that quite frankly confused me about detonating hydrogen bombs, and I'll leave it at that.

2 days!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #71
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I saw one where they flashed adam and eve up on the screen tonight....
Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Haven't seen that one.

Maybe I will. Evidently my daughter is never going to go to sleep tonight.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #73
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't they kind of explain the numbers last season as just being kind of a random serial number on the hatch? Now, i'm not sure why they started to broadcast those numbers... Don't remember if that was ever explained.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #74
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Lost is coming soon!!!!

(and so am i)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #75
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Didn't they kind of explain the numbers last season as just being kind of a random serial number on the hatch? Now, i'm not sure why they started to broadcast those numbers... Don't remember if that was ever explained.
I figured the serial number was meant to be just another appearance of the numbers...not their origin?

Being on the hatch doesn't explain the lottery or the speedometer or any of the other stuff.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #76
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well right, i was just saying origin - that the reason the numbers were on the hatch were just coincidence. That the serial number on the hatch was no more important than the serial number on that new camcorder you bought.

But all the other later stuff - the broadcast, Hurley's curse, etc. has not been explained.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #77
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Because the numbers were so early on, I wonder about their original intent. No matter what they say, I'm never going to believe that they all this stuff in mind from the beginning. They managed to parlay the smoke monster into something that will likely be important to the entire series, but did they even know it was a "smoke" monster when they wrote it into the pilot?

I think they did a lot of the long term planning between seasons 1 and 2 (I think I read that somewhere anyway) so it will be interesting to see if the numbers fit into the larger mythology puzzle.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #78
CadBane
Banned

I think Damon and Carlton said there wasn't going to be an actual explanation to the significance of the numbers per say.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #79
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this series still on? Has the island been transported back to the Cretaceous period yet?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

My LOST pants are going so crazy right now..