Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

John Wall may be the second most athletic PG in the league behind Westbrook. Yeah, I'd take him.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
John Wall may be the second most athletic PG in the league behind Westbrook. Yeah, I'd take him.
A voice of reason. Thank you.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'd probably place Derrick Rose ahead of him.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I'd probably place Derrick Rose ahead of him.
Yeah, you could go that way. I think Wall may be a bit more athletic while Rose is just smarter and more effective in how he uses his athleticism. But that's a narrow line to draw.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, you could go that way. I think Wall may be a bit more athletic while Rose is just smarter and more effective in how he uses his athleticism. But that's a narrow line to draw.
If we're talking about MVP Rose, it's really not that narrow of a line. That was leapes and bounds better than any of Wall's seasons, going by the eye test, advanced metrics, any kind of stats really, you name it. Again, when it comes to Wall, we're talking, we has to talk about potential. There is not much else to go on so far. And yes, i would probably agree with nowherman on this, Wall's ceiling is higher than Rose's was (now it is obvious with Rose's injury). He could potentially be just as lethal of a scorer, but a better passer, and maybe a better defender as well.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-02-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
If we're talking about MVP Rose, it's really not that narrow of a line. That was leapes and bounds better than any of Wall's seasons, going by the eye test, advanced metrics, any kind of stats really, you name it. Again, when it comes to Wall, we're talking, we has to talk about potential. There is not much else to go on so far. And yes, i would probably agree with nowherman on this, Wall's ceiling is higher than Rose's was (now it is obvious with Rose's injury). He could potentially be just as lethal of a scorer, but a better passer, and maybe a better defender as well.
That's not at all what I meant by "narrow line." I meant that it's difficult to try and parse out pure athleticism versus the ability to smartly use that athleticism.

I never said Wall was better than Rose at any point. I said I thought he might be more athletic.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #7
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's not at all what I meant by "narrow line." I meant that it's difficult to try and parse out pure athleticism versus the ability to smartly use that athleticism.

I never said Wall was better than Rose at any point. I said I thought he might be more athletic.
Yeah, sorry.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm