Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default Raptors are getting stacked??

as many of you might know already the portland and toronto rumors have cooled down... seems as though the raptors are having second thoughts cause of the blog they'd have on the 4 with bosh, rahim and marshall.... so.... you can figure out where this is going...

this is my attempt at landing vince before toronto makes the terrible decision to trade for rahim... they wanna get rid of both carter AND rose... so this is my attempt at it...

Dallas trades: Tariq Abdul-Wahad (No games yet played in 2004/05)
SG Jerry Stackhouse (15.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.2 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Vince Carter (14.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 30.2 minutes)
SG Jalen Rose (14.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.4 apg in 30.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (14.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 30.2 minutes)
SG Jalen Rose (14.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.4 apg in 30.7 minutes)
Toronto receives: Tariq Abdul-Wahad (No games yet played in 2004/05)
SG Jerry Stackhouse (15.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.2 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all
Default RE:Raptors are getting stacked??

If I am the Mavs I don't do this. Both Rose and Carter are ballhogs who don't understand the team concept very well. They are both used to be primary scorers for their teams. Dallas needs role players that complement Dirk and not people who will compete with him for dominance of the club. Finley is a great outside shooter an secondary scorer who I think complements Dirk very well, especially when the Mavs have so many slashers and young players now. Best way to improve this club would be to trade for an unstoppable low post scorer with good passing and defensive skills. Someone that would complement Dirk and Dampier like McHale used to complement Bird and Parrish.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

someone along the lines of... mourning? ilgauskas?
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:21 AM   #4
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I like either of those, but especially Morning if he is healthy. He'd be a coup d'etat for the Mavs. On the Mavs he wouldn't have to play but about 20 minutes a night and would never be double teamed. He'd be totally unstoppable. If a double team did come, then someone would be wide open and with the Mavs shooters it would be all over. Not to mention he is a great competitor and excellent defender.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I agree GP. Bringing Vince Carter here would take away from the philosophy of Dirk being the number 1 option here in Dallas.

I like Jalen Rose for Stackhouse, but bringing Vince would NOT work.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

I watched an interview with Carter yesterday on a Canadian sports news show where he actually said he's not interested in dunking anymore. I'm serious. A reporter commented that he wasn't dunking that much anymore. Carter just came out and said, "I'm not going to dunk anymore". He asked the reporter, "Why should I dunk?" The reporter said, "Well, you can draw fouls that way and get points from free throws." Carter responded, "I can draw fouls from doing layups too." It was bizarre.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:25 AM   #7
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

I think he changed his mind about that dunking thing because his dunk last night was absolutely sick.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote