Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default Mutombo Confronts Fan Who Yelled Racial Slurs

Mutombo Confronts Fan Who Yelled Racial Slurs
26th October, 2006 - 11:41 pm

Associated Press - Houston Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo got into it with a fan who allegedly yelled racist slurs at him in the third quarter of the Rockets' preseason loss to the Orlando Magic on Thursday night.

Mutombo yelled at the man and gestured back. The fan was ejected. No action was taken against Mutombo.

"I am not going to take that. He was insulting my race, my family, my integrity. For him to call me a monkey ... that should not happen today," Mutombo said.

"If I get fined, I will go straight into the stands the next time."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._racial_slurs/

Pretty sad that people are still using this language today.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Good for him, and good that he didn't get punished because he didn't deserve to be.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

damn monkeys
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah, that type of language is rediculous but Mutumbo should understand that some fans are just going to be idiots and unless they do something that could cause bodily harm there isn't any real excuse for retaliating in some way other than just ignoring them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Yeah, that type of language is rediculous but Mutumbo should understand that some fans are just going to be idiots and unless they do something that could cause bodily harm there isn't any real excuse for retaliating in some way other than just ignoring them.
It sounds as if he called the matter to the attention of stadium security, and the fan was removed from the arena. That was better than "just ignoring" him.

At this point in his career, however, Mutombo should be smarter than to threaten to go into the stands.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
damn monkeys
idiot.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
damn monkeys
I'm sure there's a perfectly good, light hearted joke in here, but your execution of it was quite terrible and it sounded pretty bad......
Old 10-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

not cool MavsX...... not cool....
Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
not cool MavsX...... not cool....

I think he's just fishing for more "IDIOT" comments...

[he REALLY loves playing the role of the fool!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

I'm glad some of you have class
TheDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Mutombo

I hope that fan isn't allowed at any more games (isn't that what they did to the fight starter in Indy? So I think it's possible)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

get outta here! listen im just playing, i said that because that is what was said like 2 posts up.....everyone knows that all my posts are retarded/worthless..and thats fine with me...

sometimes i will actually talk and voice my opinion but sometimes i just want to do the one liners....anyway...apologies for offending anyone...but dont think it wont happen again!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I work in an office full of whiteys and we all call each other monkeys all the time. Because when people do dumb, but amusing things, they have much in common with a monkey.

Sometimes I wish that real life monkeys were white haired. Then we could all call people monkeys pretty much whenever we wanted, and it would be funny.

I'm gonna start calling people albino monkeys so nobody thinks I'm being racial.

Last edited by Rhylan; 10-27-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
It sounds as if he called the matter to the attention of stadium security, and the fan was removed from the arena. That was better than "just ignoring" him.
A'hem -------> "Mutombo yelled at the man and gestured back. The fan was ejected. No action was taken against Mutombo."

Simply reporting the man to security would be a great alternative but retaliating in a trite war of words and hand gestures is a bit juvenile in my opinion.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Mutombo right, fan wrong--NBA Says So.

October 30, 2006
NBA, Magic Ban Fan for Racist Remarks

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 6:43 p.m. ET

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The NBA and Orlando Magic on Monday banned for the season the fan whose alleged racial slur incited Houston Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo at a preseason game last week.

Season-ticket holder Hooman Hamzehloui allegedly called Mutombo a ''monkey'' Thursday while the Rockets were playing the Magic. Mutombo -- a native of Zaire, which is now called the Democratic Republic of Congo -- yelled back at Hamzehloui and gestured from the court.

Hamzehloui was ejected from the game. The league said Hamzehloui is also barred from attending games at any NBA arena this season. Orlando said it will refund his season-ticket payment.
Mutombo said after the game he would go into the stands next time even if he got fined for it.
NBA spokesman Tim Frank said no action was taken against Mutombo and the matter was closed.

Hamzehloui sent Mutombo a letter of apology obtained by The Associated Press. In it, he promised $5,000 to the charity of Mutombo's choice and vowed not to attend any games until the 7-foot-2 center gave his blessing.

''I am by no means a racist, and if you only knew me better you would never begin to have those thoughts,'' Hamzehloui wrote. ''What I am guilty of is poor judgment in the use of words while doing what I do to many of the visiting team's players, 'heckle them.'''

Hamzehloui asked to meet with Mutombo to apologize in person at any location the player chose.
''I thoroughly respect you as a player and as a human being and my only motivation when I have my fun at the games is to 'get under the player's skin' no matter what color that skin happens to be,'' he wrote.

Hamzehloui did not immediately return a telephone message left at his residence late Monday afternoon.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 10-30-2006 at 09:12 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

Hooman Hamzehloui?

Yeah, that guy is definately not white....