Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting future implications in this year's summer league:

Quote:
Mavs want Beaubois to be leading man

link

DALLAS -- Darrell Armstrong is a loudmouth, and that's a compliment. The former NBA point guard and current Dallas Mavericks assistant coach never had a problem barking instructions and taking charge on the floor.

That's key, because Armstrong's No. 1 summer job is to develop Rodrigue Beaubois' vocal cords.

"That's his challenge. His challenge is how he's going to direct guys in summer camp down in Vegas," Armstrong said. "He's got to know when we need a good shot. He's got to call out a play so everybody knows the play. His communication to these guys is going to be big. This is a great learning lesson for him because he's got to do it."

Beaubois' silky basketball skills are obvious. After a rookie season of mostly watching, mixed with flashes of brilliance, expectations have exploded as the Mavs make plans for Beaubois to be an offensive focal point next season. The plan is to play him at shooting guard as well as increasingly more minutes at point guard, with a blueprint for an eventual takeover of the point guard position.

The most important summer of Beaubois' basketball life has included daily workouts throughout June with the Mavs' coaching staff. Now, he'll be one of the star attractions at the Las Vegas Summer League, which for the Mavs begins Friday against Denver and impressive second-year point guard Ty Lawson.

Next month, Beaubois will make a run with the French national team. Most of his court time this summer will be at point guard, designed to hone his skills as a vocal, take-charge floor leader.

"Last year with [Jason Kidd], I didn't have to do anything. He's the man. He's talking every time, so it was a good experience for me," Beaubois said. "The coaches try to push me. I think it's real good for my development, so I will try to improve on this point."

It's not necessarily an easy task for any young player, especially on a veteran-laden club such as the Mavs. Complicating his early development is that the polite, soft-spoken Guadeloupe native arrived last season barely speaking English. Although much improved, Beaubois almost blushes when he talks about his language skills.

"No, my English is terrible," he said. "It's better, it's better. For sure, I can speak better. For sure, I need to work on it."

His English will come. Armstrong's job is to draw out Beaubois' assertiveness.

"Every time he tries to push me to talk because it is not my nature," Beaubois said of Armstrong. "He is doing a great job and that helps me a lot. He tries to help me. He used to be a good player in this league, so I really appreciate it.

"It is not my nature. I still need to work on it, and it's coming. I can feel it."

Beaubois is likely to play virtually every minute of the Mavs' five-game summer league schedule, with the majority of time at point guard as first-round draft pick Dominique Jones breaks in at shooting guard.

Last year, Beaubois came to Vegas as an unknown, the 25th overall pick in the draft who had played in a low-level French league the year before. But the lanky, swooping Beaubois quickly attracted fans and raised eyebrows of league executives in the stands with some electrifying performances.

This time around, he'll be well known and should provide intriguing head-to-head matchups against Lawson, second-year Milwaukee sensation Brandon Jennings (July 12) and the No. 1 overall pick of this year's draft, Washington's John Wall (July 15).

"I really want to try to be a good point guard, try to give everybody the ball, to share the ball," Beaubois said. "I don't want to score all the baskets, just share with everybody and just control the game."

Those are all key areas to improve upon to become a top point guard in the NBA. More than the physical skills, however, the Mavs are keying on the leadership qualities.

"He's got to take control of the summer league team, which we've told him," said Monte Mathis, the Mavs' player development coach and summer league head coach. "He's got to become a leader. He's got to become more vocal, get guys organized offensively and defensively and then just do what he does.

"We know he can score, but he's really got to step to the forefront as far as leadership."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm obviously interested to see Roddy and DoJo.

I'm getting more intrigued to see Omar Samhan and Jeremy Lin. Both bring interesting things to the table, it's just a matter if they can find a way to translate it to the pro game.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Especially interested in Jeremy Lin.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

First game today at 3pm. Can't wait to see some Roddy Buckets.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a link to this game?

(some of us are at work...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #46
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not looking up the "other" type of links while at work, but if you want to go legitimate you can buy the Summer League package.

Link

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #47
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm not looking up the "other" type of links while at work, but if you want to go legitimate you can buy the Summer League package.

Link
Weren't there some problems with that last year - black-outs and whatnot?

(or am I remembering wrong?)

Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I had it last year and it was fine.

But they're all on local television (and NBATV) this year so I'm just recording them and watching later.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2010 at 01:37 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #49
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I had it last year and it was fine.

But they're all on local television (and NBATV) this year so I'm just recording them and watching later.
Yeah, it looks like today's game is the only one happening while I'm at work.

Might as well just catch the rest on television...

Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #50
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize that even non-cable having folks (such as myself) could watch this game. I'm going to have to flip it on then.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #51
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

God I hate you guys who can just watch it on TV. I'm going to go see if I can scrounge up some links.

(In other news, which will also explain my absence the past two days...am I the only one who cannot access the front page of the forum at all? At first, I figured the board was down, but I got more and more suspicious as it didn't come back. So I googled the site and got a direct link to the general Mavericks discussion part. That works. Its just the front page that doesn't.

According to Mozilla, I need to install a plugin. However, it can't find the suitable plugin, I've checked and haven't found anything on the vbulletin site, and I've done a general web search without any results. I've also tried IE, but the front page is dead just the same. Possibly there is a thread up, but its rather hard to get to the correct sections to see if there is.)
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #52
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

ATDHE (dead at the moment): http://atdhe.net/20411/watch-denver-...llas-mavericks

justin.tv: http://www.justin.tv/lingin32
Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
God I hate you guys who can just watch it on TV. I'm going to go see if I can scrounge up some links.

(In other news, which will also explain my absence the past two days...am I the only one who cannot access the front page of the forum at all? At first, I figured the board was down, but I got more and more suspicious as it didn't come back. So I googled the site and got a direct link to the general Mavericks discussion part. That works. Its just the front page that doesn't.

According to Mozilla, I need to install a plugin. However, it can't find the suitable plugin, I've checked and haven't found anything on the vbulletin site, and I've done a general web search without any results. I've also tried IE, but the front page is dead just the same. Possibly there is a thread up, but its rather hard to get to the correct sections to see if there is.)
Don't install anything - it's a trojan horse!

Go here for more details.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
tcat075
Diamond Member

Its on ESPN3! Front page, link is there!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #55
Underdog

Quote:
Its on ESPN3! Front page, link is there!
Nice, thanks!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #56
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Don't install anything - it's a trojan horse!

Go here for more details.
Thanks man. That explains a lot.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #57
tcat075
Diamond Member

Dojo and 1. And repeat.

Last edited by tcat075; 07-09-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #58
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

DoJo looking good thus far.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #59
tcat075
Diamond Member

Roddy's shot is a bit off so far. 0/3 on 3's.

And that was Samhan with a high school three to beat the shot clock! Didn't expect that!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #60
tcat075
Diamond Member

Man, I'm glad basketball is back. And I'm glad the forum is "back".
Old 07-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #61
tcat075
Diamond Member

That was a beautiful drive by Jones. Blew by his defender on a couple fakes, then shielded his shot by putting his body into the help side defender.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #62
tcat075
Diamond Member

Meh. We've kind of sucked so far.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #63
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I do like Dojo. He's a beast when he attacks the rim.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #64
tcat075
Diamond Member

Lin with an and 1. Good job taking the contact.

#1 for the Mavs, Mayo (?) looks a little lost playing the point. Tried a bullet thread the needle pass that was easily deflected away. Lin is playing the point now.

Dominique came off a screen and just bowled over the defender stepping out. Blocking foul on the defense.

Not to hate on Mayo, but he just dribbled into a trap in the corner and turned it over. Not a great idea. On the other hand, Lin just got the ball poked out of his hand from behind.

Roddy back in. Yay! Lin drives and kicks to him, who swings to Dominique, but its off the back iron.

Lin steals the ball and takes it the length of the court, driving past one defender. Probably should have given it up, seeing it was 3-on-1, but it worked.

Lin drove and kicked to Roddy in the corner. Missed it short, but went back to him and got a nice layup to go, twisting around the defense to scoop it in. However, next trip down the floor he got straight out stripped.

But more Roddy with a nice bounce pass to Dojo cutting the baseline. Jones has 4 FTA's so far, I believe.

Lin drives, gets the wrap around to DeSean Simms (sp?) who misses a 19 footer. Good penetration by Lin though.

Two more FTA's. Made contact first, then tried to finish. He's not scared of the bigs down there. Of course, its not like any of the bigs are Dwight Howard or Marcus Camby.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #65
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy made some good passes but looks a bit nervous out there...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

2:47 left in the 2nd right now. Den 35, Dal 27.

Good job by Dojo (I think, could have been Foster) crowding his man once he picked up his dribble.

Beaubois got a little bit of a 'stache/goatee going. Nice. He's just a beast.

Commentors are complimentary of Jeremy Lin's time on the court as he is replaced by Giddens. I agree. He was penetrating well, and though he had a few poor moments, for the most part his passing was very good. Made a basket or two as well.

Dojo with a nice no look pass to a big underneath the basket, not sure who it was, but he missed.

Samhan has 5 fouls already, btw. 10 to foul out in Summer League.

Half time. Denver is just killing us so far. Capitalizing on the fast break. Its 47-27 now. Ouch. They are making crisp, precise passes on the break, leading to open threes (which they are making) and open layouts on runouts. And if the layup isn't there, they always seem to have a open man trailing behind for a dunk. Colby Karl, of all people, is making some really nice bullet passes and a few underhanded flip passes, all of them right to the hands of his target.

Last edited by tcat075; 07-09-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #67
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man, I'm glad basketball is back. And I'm glad the forum is "back".

But we're about to go thru the longest stretch without basketball after this summer league. To me it's the longest wait until pre-season. Hurry up Cowboys and football.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #68
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
But we're about to go thru the longest stretch without basketball after this summer league. To me it's the longest wait until pre-season. Hurry up Cowboys and football.
Thanks for reminding me.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #69
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

After watching that crap of a first game, DoJo really reminds me of D Wade. Maybe Stucky, hopefully not. But the guy has the build to do some damage on the dribble drive! He can dribble the ball for sure! Seems very controlled and can make the pass if needed. I'm excited to see tomorrows game and how he does.

Hope Roddy wakes up for sure!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #70
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Rodrigue he can't scoar I don't know what heppens with him.Dominique Jones is very good scorer.Dallas haven't good centers in this sumer ligue.We lost first match but we mast win next.
LET'S GO MAVS
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #71
SMC0007
Guru

LOLZ

Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #72
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann View Post
After watching that crap of a first game, DoJo really reminds me of D Wade. Maybe Stucky, hopefully not. But the guy has the build to do some damage on the dribble drive! He can dribble the ball for sure! Seems very controlled and can make the pass if needed. I'm excited to see tomorrows game and how he does.

Hope Roddy wakes up for sure!
He reminds me a lot of Stuckey. Very similar game and also a similar body type.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #73
tcat075
Diamond Member

There are a lot worse things for a 25th pick to turn into. Stuckey had a 17/5/4 line last year.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #74
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I want DoJo to be another Roddy. Roddy to be the 2nd banana on the varsity team. Lin to take over JJB's role.

That's my 3 wishes. Cool. Thanks.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #75
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

No news or anything, but just wanted to post it.

Dime Magazine top 10 summer players to watch, Roddy ranked #1
http://dimemag.com/2010/07/top-10-ve...yers-to-watch/

Quote:
1. Rodrigue Beaubois (Mavs)
They call him Roddy Buckets! Last year in his Summer League debut, Roddy put up 34 points (7-for-12 from beyond the arc), eight assists and nine fouls! If he’s not exciting to watch, then I don’t know what is…

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 07-12-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #76
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Rodrigue he can't scoar I don't know what heppens with him.Dominique Jones is very good scorer.Dallas haven't good centers in this sumer ligue.We lost first match but we mast win next.
LET'S GO MAVS
You should hit the Summer League for grammar.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #77
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I want DoJo to be another Roddy. Roddy to be the 2nd banana on the varsity team. Lin to take over JJB's role.

That's my 3 wishes. Cool. Thanks.
Agreed on Lin, same tools but at 6-3 and IQ. Harvard > Northeastern?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #78
SMC0007
Guru

Jeremy Lin is a good player. I would hate it if the Mavs missed out on signing him. Surely they won't let him slip away because it wouldn't take long before he is superior to JJB. He is already a better defender on and off the ball and he is 6'3'' and not 5'3''. JJb has experience and at least some shot making history but the size kills him. Lin is equal to JJb on drive and kick and has a lot more to offer athletically. Not saying he can come in and immediately take his minutes, but I don't think it would take too much time given his game would transition to the big stage. He seems to be really smart and you can tell the quality of PG play goes up when he takes over for Roddy. Not saying he's a better player but he is a better PG.

Mouhammad Faye has shown some skills too, he is extremely athletic and seems to have a pretty good shot. HE reminds me alot like Pops mensa-Bonshu when he first played in teh Summer league skinny and active, good defender, shot blocker except he has a better shot than pops. Faye tho relentlessly looks for picks and screen and doesn't seem to half ass them looking for a slip and pop. He sets them with intentions of freeing the ball handler. Those of you who like Damps picks would like this about him. Interesting young man.

Seck has been better than I thought he would be, decent defense, blocked a few shots and is athletic. He doesn't get pushed around as much as I thought he would only being like 220 something LBs. I'd like to see more of him.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #79
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I like Lin, but id think if they planned to sign him he would play more minutes. I think he starts in D League and I would love Mavs to track his progress, bet you did not know that 1 out of every 5 NBA player has one time or another played in the D League and in recent years there have been some nice callups
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I like Lin, but id think if they planned to sign him he would play more minutes. I think he starts in D League and I would love Mavs to track his progress, bet you did not know that 1 out of every 5 NBA player has one time or another played in the D League and in recent years there have been some nice callups

Well, I didn't know that.

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-13-2010 at 05:31 AM.