Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-10-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Barkley to room with Jordan before comeback
May 10, 2001

Los Angeles (AP) – Charles Barkley, getting in shape for a possible joint NBA comeback with Michael Jordan, plans to move in with Jordan for a month of serious training before a decision is made.

Barkley said in Thursday’s Los Angeles Times that when his broadcasting duties with TNT end May 24, he’ll live and train with Jordan in Chicago.

Barkley said Jordan came to his home in Scottsdale, Ariz., last week and they played in a scrimmage with Phoenix’s Penny Hardaway.

“Michael looked great,” Barkley told the Times.

Noting that Doug Collins is leaving his job as an NBC commentator to become coach of the Washington Wizards, Barkley said, “If that isn’t an indication that Michael is coming back, I don’t know what is.”

Barkley said he is working out twice a day and has lost 45 pounds since he and Jordan began training for their possible comebacks at the start of the year.

Barkley now weighs 292 pounds and would like to get down to about 265. Jordan has lost 25 pounds.

Source: Barkley to room with Jordan before comeback
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Sweeeeeeet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2001, 10:39 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I just hate the thought of MJ making a comeback with the Wizards. I've hated that team back to the day they were Bullets.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 02:49 AM   #4
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Now that would be interesting