Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #81
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I never see RC complain about the refs like that.
No, he's classier than that. I just meant that coaches always think their guy gets fouled, and it's not unheard of for head coaches to bitch to the media. I fully expect it to pay dividends for him at some point in the series. That's the way Stern's WWE works. But not even he can overcome Chuck.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #82
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Because I wisely held my tongue tonight, allow me to push my thoughts during the game out from the back of me and all over your faces now:

ehhh...
OHHHHH!
BOOOOO!
YESSSSSS!!
OH SNAP!!!!
CRAP!!!!!!!!!
YAAAABOIIIIIIII!
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT AGAIN
Wait, what?
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!@!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #83
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
No, he's classier than that. I just meant that coaches always think their guy gets fouled, and it's not unheard of for head coaches to bitch to the media. I fully expect it to pay dividends for him at some point in the series. That's the way Stern's WWE works. But not even he can overcome Chuck.
That's my point. It DOES pay dividends. Which is why I wish RC would be less classy, sometimes (when justified). Mostly I wish he would coach like an intelligent person.

Can't believe Nate can cry foul based on tonight.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He could also stop the pointless dribbling.
I guess I need some clarification here. What is purposeful dribbling? And what is one supposed to with the ball, if not purposely dribble? Just stand there and hold it?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #85
JoeFFM

JoeFFM is just really niceJoeFFM is just really niceJoeFFM is just really niceJoeFFM is just really niceJoeFFM is just really niceJoeFFM is just really nice

Stood up at 3.30 in the morning after amazing two hours of sleep, watching this thriller and now go to work for 11 hours! And you all knew why: Because of the love to OUR Dallas Mavericks!!! This will be a beautiful day...
Dirk is simply not from this planet. To come up big after maybe the ugliest three quarter i have ever seen from him(great job by the refs too) in my life is absolutely outstanding. Way to go Mavs, 1 up, still three to go. With Kidd hitting three balls like today everything is possible. I still believe...

"Quitters never win, but winners never quit" Quote from my old soccer coach, donĀ“t know if this 100% correct in english.

Greets from germany and good morning to all the other european Mavericks out there.
JoeFFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #86
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I did.
Ok, well, as you can see in the post, I mentioned having a huge problem with one key part of the rotation. I think it almost lost us the game.

I have great respect for Rick but he pushed the wrong button tonight in that respect. I bet that lineup doesn't see much burn the rest of the series.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #87
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

A great way to start the series. Kidd was spectacular and Dirk had a brilliant 4th quarter.

I hope this win, after being down by 6 in the 4th quarter, allows us to gain the necessary amount of confidence to be optimistic for the remainder of the series without actually getting too confident. Last year against the Spurs, we suffered a bad loss after coming off a win in the first game. So the next game will be crucial and we'll have to come out with just as much focus and intensity.

The good thing is that there's still room for improvement, especially on offense. While Kidd will not continue to play like this, Dirk was quiet for three quarters until getting it going late in the game. Jet, Marion, Peja and JJB all didn't do a whole lot on offense, if anything. When those four guys go 7 for 25, our centers score a combined 6 points and we still win, it's definitely encouraging.

Long stories short, we can definitely play better offensively than we did tonight and the overrated Blazers still weren't able to beat us. This series is winnable and we got off to a great start.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #88
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...7130&start=150

Quote:
Well done Mavs. Another playoff win thanks to the officials. This is almost as bad as the blatant officiating that they got in the 2006 Western Conference Finals.
Quote:
Seriously, a lot are real fouls, but the stuff Dirk gets a foul called is a joke. I guess LA should be getting 10-12 fts a game.
Quote:
The referees are supposed to be a medium to create an equal and safe playing environment between two teams, this game is so pathetically advantageous towards the other team I reserve the right to say F*CK YOU STUPID ZEBRAS.
Quote:
This is beyond homecourt advantage. Thank you Sterggot!
Quote:
I must say LA was being pushed around (clearly fouled) everytime on the block and not getting to the ft line.

He needs to make more whiny facial expressions so the refs notice. Like dirk does
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #89
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

ah btw Doris Burke belongs in the kitchen. Or driving her kids to soccer practice. Or watching QVC.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #90
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

mcmillan blaming refs, rofl
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #91
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
But the shit Dirk received in the first 3 quarters was legit??? F*ck those idiots! Well, Portland fans = no knowledge of basketball.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #92
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's my point. It DOES pay dividends. Which is why I wish RC would be less classy, sometimes (when justified). Mostly I wish he would coach like an intelligent person.

Can't believe Nate can cry foul based on tonight.
Nate shouldn't, but I'm not surprised that he is.

Agree about Carlisle being willing to use the same dirty tricks other coaches do. I think Carlisle coached pretty well except for the brainfart re: sticking with the small backcourt and using the 3 guard lineup.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she's that bad at all.. there are much, much worse.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #94
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Doris was pretty good tonight, actually. What, do you want Bill Walton's hippie "mavs don't have a great player" ass on the broadcast?

P.S. UD's spelling of Woj's name is classic.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #95
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that felt good. Words don't do justice to Kidd's game. And as others have said, nice job by Dirk keeping his head in it until things started to come around his way.

Most everybody else had a solid game, the exceptions being JJB and Peja. Not that it was all bad with either of them: JJB penetrated well and Peja had his moments...but neither executed well enough to compensate for their matchup vulnerabilities on the defensive end. And, unfortunately, Portland is a team that presents matchup problems for both of them. Not sure anything can be done about JJB other than hope he can get his scoring on track, because keeping Kidd as fresh as possible is going to be important. You have to think Cardinal's going to be an option when shooting at forward is needed, though, and Corey just seems too well suited to this matchup to not get a look when the series shifts to Portland.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #96
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ah btw Doris Burke belongs in the kitchen. Or driving her kids to soccer practice. Or watching QVC.
I didn't watch the ESPN feed tonight, but Doris Burke is a quality announcer in my book. Any announcer that references points per possession and Synergy Sports is an announcer I want to listen to.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #97
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was going to make a similar point. It's a pretty strong indictment on David Stern's NBA, but I can't say it's that ballsy of a move by McMillan. Unfortunately, it's just good strategy in this league because that's how you grab the refs' attention. And the one way to slow down Dirk is hack the crap out of him, which is the strategy most teams end up employing in the playoffs (under the guise of 'playoff toughness').

But as you accurately stated, all is not lost. We still have the good Chuck on our side to counter the nefarious forces we'll be working against during this playoff run.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #98
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I guess I need some clarification here. What is purposeful dribbling? And what is one supposed to with the ball, if not purposely dribble? Just stand there and hold it?
There were too many possessions where Barea just pounded the dribble and didn't make anything happen. He didn't penetrate and make the defense react, and he wasn't making shots. When that's not happening, it's tough to justify having him out there in light of his defensive weakness.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #99
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nate shouldn't, but I'm not surprised that he is.

Agree about Carlisle being willing to use the same dirty tricks other coaches do. I think Carlisle coached pretty well except for the brainfart re: sticking with the small backcourt and using the 3 guard lineup.
That's like saying I think that girl is pretty outside of her hideous face. His 4th quarter coaching nearly lost the game. I just cannot wrap my head around why he played JJB 6 minutes into the 4th, including with Kidd and Terry. It's not excusable. JJB should have been gone after 3 minutes. Peja too. He should have came back with Marion and Kidd at the 10, 9 minute mark absolute latest.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #100
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

The Doris Burke cracks are ignorant. She was an intelligent color commentator. Not particularly charismatic, but she was even-handed and brought actual analysis to the table.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #101
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I didn't watch the ESPN feed tonight, but Doris Burke is a quality announcer in my book. Any announcer that references points per possession and Synergy Sports is an announcer I want to listen to.
I think she is just annoying. Boring and annoying.

Of course there are much more worse guys outside but was really close to mute ESPN.

And i dont find her very "analystic" etc. Something happened on the court and i knew most of the time her next sentence/punch line

Last edited by sefant77; 04-17-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #102
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
That's like saying I think that girl is pretty outside of her hideous face.
Um, no, not really.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #103
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Agree, Doris, unlike most women announcers/analysts is pretty good. She called out the refs on Dirk's no calls, too.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #104
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I think she is just annoying. Boring and annoying.

Of course there are much more worse guys outside but was really close to mute ESPN.
I don't get TXA21 HD, or I would have been listening to Followill and Harp.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #105
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Um, no, not really.
Um, yes, yes really. So you find RC's 4th quarter coaching defensible and not a giant miscue?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #106
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Wait untill this series goes to the Rose Garden...the refs seem to let the Blazers do whatever the hell they want there so Game 2 is REALLY important.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
That's like saying I think that girl is pretty outside of her hideous face. His 4th quarter coaching nearly lost the game. I just cannot wrap my head around why he played JJB 6 minutes into the 4th, including with Kidd and Terry. It's not excusable. JJB should have been gone after 3 minutes. Peja too. He should have came back with Marion and Kidd at the 10, 9 minute mark absolute latest.
I'm willing to defer to Rick on Kidd's minutes. I was skeptical about resting him in the regular season making a difference and I was very clearly wrong.

And the three guard lineup...I mean...I hated it. I flipped out on Twitter over it. But I can at least see his thinking, I suppose. He was desperate for offense. We hadn't scored in an eternity. And the 3GL is Rick's go-to move when the offense is crumbling. I definitely agree that it almost cost us the game.

I will say that I'll flip out even more if we see the 3GL any more this series.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #108
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

lol things are gunna get really comical in the Rose Garden. Blazers will be able to bring boxing gloves and box Dirk there and he still won't get any FT's lol. OK, it won't be that bad but it'll probably be atrocious.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There were too many possessions where Barea just pounded the dribble and didn't make anything happen. He didn't penetrate and make the defense react, and he wasn't making shots. When that's not happening, it's tough to justify having him out there in light of his defensive weakness.
Do you think the point guard's only jobs are to penetrate or shoot? How 'bout making a pass? That's in the repertoire, no?

If you are running a play that is designed for you to make a pass, but nobody gets open for the pass, is that your fault?

It's like putting every sack on the quarterback.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #110
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Laughing at the title of this thread. The harlequin romance writer from Yahoo should stick to his novellas about how LeBron is selfish and leave the predictions to people with a clue.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #111
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
OMG, I cannot believe McMillan is complaining about the refs like this. Wow. Just wow.
Come on, we'd be complaining as well (especially you ).

Fouls:

Mavs: 16
Blazers: 26

FTs:

Mavs: 29
Blazers: 13

While I agree that Dirk got hammered all game and didn't get calls he clearly should have gotten, it's not that the referees were a problem for us at all. I can understand them being frustrated from looking at the disparities as it relates to fouls and free throws, although they played a pretty physical game and had to expect to pay for it eventually.

Last edited by dalger; 04-17-2011 at 12:14 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #112
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
I'm willing to defer to Rick on Kidd's minutes. I was skeptical about resting him in the regular season making a difference and I was very clearly wrong.

And the three guard lineup...I mean...I hated it. I flipped out on Twitter over it. But I can at least see his thinking, I suppose. He was desperate for offense. We hadn't scored in an eternity. And the 3GL is Rick's go-to move when the offense is crumbling. I definitely agree that it almost cost us the game.

But the offense was awful in large part because of JJB. He was 1-7 with 1 assist. Add the fact that Portland was going right at him EVERY TIME on defense? You're being way too kind in waying you can even see the thinking.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #113
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Do you think the point guard's only jobs are to penetrate or shoot? How 'bout making a pass? That's in the repertoire, no?

If you are running a play that is designed for you to make a pass, but nobody gets open for the pass, is that your fault?

It's like putting every sack on the quarterback.
I didn't think he passed very well, either. Are you saying you thought he did play well? Just curious, because you seem to dispute my position that he didn't.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #114
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

So, let me get this straight. We win a game (and convincingly, at the end), and we're gonna say that we found something in there that "almost cost us the game"?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #115
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Laughing at the title of this thread. The harlequin romance writer from Yahoo should stick to his novellas about how LeBron is selfish and leave the predictions to people with a clue.
I saw someone refer to Wojo as this generation's Peter Vescey and it really is a perfect assessment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #116
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Come on, we'd be complaining as well (especially you ).

Fouls:

Mavs: 16
Blazers: 26

FTs:

Mavs: 29
Blazers: 13

While I agree that Dirk got hammered all game and didn't get calls he clearly should have gotten, it's not that the referees were a problem for us at all. I can understand them being frustrated from looking at the disparities as it relates to fouls and free throws, although the played a pretty physical game and had to expect to pay for it eventually.
No, I wouldn't. You can't just look at raw numbers.

There were no egregious missed calls for them. Dirk got 1 or 2 fouls in the 4th that WERE fouls, but not crazy ones. But considering he was robbed on 5 or so blatant ones earlier?

Mavs are third in the NBA in not fouling, by the way.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #117
sefant77
Guru

The Blazers got "just" 13 FTA because the Mavs didnt foul so much, they just let them score a dozen of easy baskets in the paint...
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #118
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

I was angry at Carlisle about giving Barea too much time when he wasn't performing, too. I believe I tweeted that he was "dead to me" when I saw the 3GL trot out. But upon reflection, I thought he coached the rest of the game pretty well. The moves he made in the last 6 minutes certainly seemed to work. They had a 14 point turnaround.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #119
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. We win a game (and convincingly, at the end), and we're gonna say that we found something in there that "almost cost us the game"?
I wouldn't call that a convincing win. And what do you find odd about pointing out a huge coaching error that almost cost a game, and could in the future?

Learn from your mistakes?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #120
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I saw someone refer to Wojo as this generation's Peter Vescey and it really is a perfect assessment.
Yes, it is. I will remember that when I tweet to him after the Mavs win the series. Well, that and I'm going to tell him that Chuck is coming for him.

Tags
1-0, calm down...we won, calm down? calm down?, remember last year?, return of the quack!, this year isn't last year