Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dal/Utah

How bad does Utah need a Center?

AK47 and Bell/Miles to Dallas for Butler, Haywood, Novak.

How much does Dallas trust Ajinca and Mahinmi?

Why would Utah do it? To get a legit shot blocking C to put beside Jefferson, especially with Okur out.
Why would Dallas do it? To replace Butler.

Kidd, Barea, Terry
Stevenson, Bell/Miles
Matrix, AK47
Dirk, Cardinal
Chandler, Ajinca, Mahinmi

Bell is my preference, so I will use him as the example.

You now have Stevenson and Bell who can guard the Kobes, Ray Allens, DWades, Ginobilis and still hit the 3.

You now have Marion and AK47 who can defend the Odoms, Pierces, Durants and LBJs.
AK47 has some inside game that is needed.

Kidd can still be backed by JJB and Terry and the wildcard is Roddy come playoff time.

Chandler has backup 7's. (Not sure if the Mavs trust them though)

Dirk still has Cardinal, but also has AK47 who can play the backup4 anytime.

AK47 is a huge expiring contract.
-------------------------------------

From Utah's perspective.
They get a legit big to defend the rim which is signed for a long time at less than a max deal. They still get their offense from Jefferson and Deron Williams. They still have either Bell or Miles. They have more minutes for Milsap. If Okur comes back they have their offensive C. Novak is a shooter - which would be helpful with the inside presence they have in Jefferson and Milsap.
-------------------------------------
Not sure if Utah or Dallas would do it or not, but I don't consider it totally one sided for either side.

Thoughts? -- I know it doesn't fix the Dallas need for more offense without Dirk, but it looks to me like it adds a couple of two way players to Dallas' squad that could help come playoff time when defense is at a premium. (If Ajinca and Mahinmi can provide what Haywood does).

From a team standpoint, that could be a nasty good TEAM -- but not necessarily the best collection of individual players. Officiating would make all the difference come playoff time.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Luc

Luc is on a distinguished road

My thought is that Butler is injured. This deal won't help them straight away.
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
How much does Dallas trust Ajinca and Mahinmi?
not so much

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Bell now sucks, his defense is now no better than mediocre and he is nothing on offensebut a catch and shooter mediocre shooter
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

lol dalmations has been trying to get AK for years. I didn't have to click through to know AK would be in here.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
lol dalmations has been trying to get AK for years. I didn't have to click through to know AK would be in here.
Yes I have, and I still think it would work

**Note: not necessarily the trade, but the Dirk/AK47 combo

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 01-04-2011 at 04:15 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Mavs will be hurting to trade with Utah, LA or San Antonio. Those guys are a little too close to home.. if they come to us, maybe.

I think the teams to pilfer and approach are Eastern conference non-playoff or playoff-borderline teams: Detroit, Cleveland, Philly and Charlotte.

If you feel more opportunistic, you take a look at Western non-playoff or borderline teams like Houston and GS.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-04-2011 at 04:20 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 AM   #8
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

The thing I like about AK47 now that his shot has returned is he is a great ball movement guy who would fit in with this team. He would also really work in the zone. He plays great help defense. I don't think the Jazz would trade him though. He often plays as a forward point when Williams is out.

Last edited by wilmtalk; 01-05-2011 at 05:17 AM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote