Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Got it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Xbox version.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2002, 07:58 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Hey, where'd all the interest from a few weeks ago go?

Anyway, mini-camp thing is pretty dang cool imho. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2002, 08:57 AM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'm looking to get it for PS2... at circuit city so i can get that gift card. i called yesterday, and they said they would have some today... so I'll call again and maybe go at lunch.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:22 AM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Plan on going out and getting the PS2 version today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 09:24 AM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Hey Rob..

Are the graphics any tighter?

How does that new stadium for the Texans look?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i would buy it just for the mini-camp games. those look fun!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:26 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, just got it... can't play it til i get home... well, i could play it on our PS2 here at work, but i don't have time.

but i bought it at best buy.

screw circuit city. i went there, and they had the madden 2003 display out, with games in it (XBOX, PS2, Gamecube), with price stickers on them). I reach for a PS2 one, and this guy says, "we can't sell that to you." I say, "why?" he says, "cause it isn't in our computer yet." and i say, "then why do you have them out on the floor?" he has no immediate response to that. then says, "with ncaa 2003, we couldn't sell them til a week after we got them... might be the same with this." so i say, "well, this $10 giftcard offer. is that only for this week?" "yep" "and you can't sell this to me?" "yep" "then why even make the offer?" no response.

so i went to best buy and got it. WHY HAVE IT ON THE SHELVES IF YOU ARE NO SELLING IT?!?! KEEP IT IN THE BACK!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:33 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

BB, the graphics, their good. I mean it looks alot like past madden games with some tweaks here and there. Texans stadium looks just like it did in last years game for the most part.

BBL, hope you enjoy it. The mini-camp thing is great imo, but I'm kinda disapointed in the actual game itself. Don't know why. Just can't get into it yet for some reason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . May be because I'm sooo hooked on NCAA 2003 lately.

Old 08-14-2002, 01:16 PM   #9
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Shit...Thats a big downer.

Just stopped past Best Buy and got a copy.

BBL, stick with Best Buy. I also ran into a few problems with CC.
So I decided to spend my money elsewhere.

Rob, any players missing from the Cowboys roster?
Glover?Westbrook?
Old 08-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Glover and Westbrook are both in their. I'm not as familier with the cowboys roster as some so I'm not sure who, if anyone, is missing. A couple of guys do only have a number and not a name. But that's no big deal.

Old 08-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I need to send more time with the actual "game" before I can pass judgment. All I've been doin is playin the "Swat" mini-camp thing lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 08-14-2002, 02:22 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< I need to send more time with the actual &quot;game&quot; before I can pass judgment. All I've been doin is playin the &quot;Swat&quot; mini-camp thing lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . >>

Does anyone mind explainign the mini camp thing some? And how did they add onto the Franchise mode? And also is the create a plaeyr mode any different then others?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 02:38 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

if you go to the easpsorts website (www.easports.com), they have videos for some of the mini-camp drills.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Does anyone mind explainign the mini camp thing some?

You take the Madden bus all over the country and basically play in what boils down to basically mini-games. You try to score enough points in each to advance to the next level. like BBL said, check out easports.com.

[i]And how did they add onto the Franchise mode?[i]

Don't know. Their are scouts now but beyond that, i don't know. haven't spent enough time with it.

[i]And also is the create a plaeyr mode any different then others?[i]

Haven't checked.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I picked it up yesterday and really can't get into it either. I also have NCAA 2003 and feel atleast right now its a better game. Madden 2003 pretty much is Madden 2002 gameplay wise, they do have all the rosters, Roy Williams, Jeremy Shockey, etc. Updated rosters, Glover on the Cowboys, Armstead on the Skins etc. For some reason Lavar Arrington isn't in the game, his number is but no name or picture, the only vet I have seen so far that is only a number. The mini-games are fun, kinda funny that the Texan's mini game involves punting, also 2-minute drill, situation, all are also in their. Francise is better then last year, drafting now includes scouting ala NCAA '2003, and you actually get offered trades sometimes. But gameplay wise besides a couple different animations, new play-by-play with Al Michaels, it plays and feels like '2002. Both NFL2k3 and Gameday 2003 come out today, I will probably drive down to Blockbuster and rent NFL2k3 and give it a test, if I like it better I will return Madden back to Gamestop and get 2k3. That's the best reason to buy games at game stores you can exchange open games for different games if you don't like them dislike if you buy them retail.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Lavar Arrington refuses to join the NFLPA so he cannot be included in any product licensed by the NFL or any of its subsidiaries.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 11:29 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i just bought it for the PC, and i wish i could tell you how it is, but my system keeps locking up.

i have a amd xp 1800+, 256mb pc133, geforce4 MX420 64MB agp video card, so i know its not my system. i got so fed up, i reformatted my system, disabled my onboard sound, installed a NEW sound card, and STILL my system locks up. i am beyond pissed.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 12:48 AM   #18
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

madden shmadden

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:15 AM   #19
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

maddens alright, but a let down after playing Ncaa. Ncaa is much quicker. Still think it's the best NFL game though. I used to love gameday, but madden is the smoothest and most relialistic game.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:22 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, i had to go somewhere after dinner last night, so i only had time to play a quarter this morning. but i like it.

very realistic.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:45 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Bah forget Madden..Warcraft III rules! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 02:14 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

NCAA 2003 Rocks!

I am still getting used to it, but I will be posting the Baylor Bears march to the National Championship soon.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2002, 07:13 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Just got KILLED by Philly 45-14 . Quincy freakin sucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Have you lost any important NCAA games lately Rob? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2002, 08:10 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nope. Did beat Baylor 66-3 in my final season. Went on to win the national title. Then my contract ended and instead of re-signing, I packed up and moved up 35 to take over TCU. Gonna turn them into a powerhouse. Or atleast try.

Old 08-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Sounds like Jim Wacker.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:35 PM   #27
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Good young QB's? Give me some ideas of some. Quincy blows in Madden 2003 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] . I gotta trade him.

I'm thinkin about Brooks of the Saints.

Old 08-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, those mini-games are ADDICTIVE! great addition to this game.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:32 AM   #29
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

What level does everbody play on Madden?

I tried Rookie at first, and that was a complete joke.
Then I tried Pro Level and I felt it was a huge jump up from Rookie.
I went from spanking to being spanked.
I beat the Raiders (preseason) with the Cowboys on Rookie like 62-7.
And then when I tried it in Pro, I got creamed 34-12.
And the running is really hard with Pro level and up, but it's to damn easy with Rookie.

Is there some way to find a even ground somewhere.
I mean I want to win, but still challenging.

But maybe my problem is playing with the Boys', the game gives them no props at all.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:03 AM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I play on all-pro(2nd hardest). Beat the Texans 30-27 in the opener. Beat teh Titans(?)(I forget the score), then got slamed by Philly 45-14 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] , and then lost to NY 17-10.

The cowboys suck in this game. Like even more so then in real life [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Quincy can't complete a pass to save his life. I always end up bringing in Hutchinson to get me down the field.

BBL, No doubt. mini-camp things are a riot. I'm addicted to the Swat and clutch kicking ones.

Old 08-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #31
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Madden is soooo boring. I've just about given up on liking this game. NCAA BLOWS it outta the water. mini-camp is AWESOME but just about everything else about madden 2003 is a big disapointment IMHO.

Old 08-16-2002, 06:59 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

I rented Madden. Other than the minicamp stuff, it seems to me to be like last years. Probably not going to buy it. Especially since NCAA 2003 is now on board at the Doc house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2002, 07:02 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Good young QB's.....

Brooks
Griese (stretch I know)
Brady
Vick
Old 08-16-2002, 10:27 PM   #34
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Been tryin to get Vick, Car, Harrington, and Brooks but the cowboys don't have enough talent to send the other way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Did land Urlacher though.

Old 08-16-2002, 11:14 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Urlacher would look very nice wearing a star.