Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Link

In a weird coincidence, here's a news story about the issue, brought to you by......the "Boom goes the Dynamite" guy.

Play the video on the right hand side.
At the end it says that the teacher packing a gun to school has to:
1)have a Texas CHL (which requires training and testing)
2)pass training in crisis management

I personally doubt that doing those two things is enough to afford the school district enough legal protection for the liability of having the armed teacher should the teacher ever use the gun.

The above two requirements may be enough for the teacher to be legally able to carry the gun though. But, I would be afraid of trying to legally defend the teacher in court if I was a lawyer...

I think that Chumdawg's (and Dalmation202 and I and others) idea of training the armed teacher to the level of a deputized law enforcement officer is necessary to really do this right.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter