Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-18-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default When will we see the alt jersey?!?!

Anyone have any info?
Old 09-18-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:When will we see the alt jersey?!?!

soon
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

I was bored so I made my own mavs jersey...

Old 09-19-2004, 01:11 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: When will we see the alt jersey?!?!

What I'd really like to know is if we'll ever have a retro-jersey night, moreso than the new alternate uniform.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:23 AM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Drop the silver girdle Dirk03, and I would say you came up with a great uniform right there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Old 09-19-2004, 02:30 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Hahaha... Drop the silver girdle Dirk03, and I would say you came up with a great uniform right there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
makes it look like a Euro Jersey. I like the plain green- why not just go retro though.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:38 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully, we finally brought back the classic Mavs green last year (on the border stipes of the 03-04 white-home jerseys- a small detail, but something that was not included in the original Dallas Broncos, Nike designed unis, circa 1998-2003), and I hope they incorporate that throwback color into whatever untold numbers of true-Cuban-era, P-Diddy-alternate uniforms emerge over the next few years...
Old 09-19-2004, 02:42 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

As I see it there are only three colors for the main color on the jerseys:
Blue, Green and White
And there are four colors for the seconary color
Blue, Green, silver, white

and the silver needs to be silvery and not dark obsidian.

Old 09-19-2004, 02:49 AM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
and the silver needs to be silvery and not dark obsidian.
Hopefully whoever was responsible for that charcoal-trashbag-jersey fiasco learned their lesson last November. I saw enough $29.99 authentic "Glad Bag" Mavericks jerseys pop up on ebay last Fall, to know that the things had to have sold horrendously (even after Cuban told the DMN that the public should buy them, because they would end up being "collectors items")...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I FOUND 'EM!!!! I WENT LOOKING AND FINALLY FOUND THE NEW UNIS... Mavericks Sport New Uniforms

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha i was getting all excited and everything too.. lol funny

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:38 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I FOUND 'EM!!!! I WENT LOOKING AND FINALLY FOUND THE NEW UNIS... Mavericks Sport New Uniforms
lol
Old 09-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WOW, mother-proof and one hundered percent euromesh, thats impressive
Old 09-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
Quote:
WOW, mother-proof and one hundered percent euromesh, thats impressive
only the best for our guys!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #15
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

yeah those are sweet
Old 09-22-2004, 02:50 AM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

What had happened in Ohio that warrants any connection to the concept of "mavericks"?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 AM   #17
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
What had happened in Ohio that warrants any connection to the concept of "mavericks"?
excellent question.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:53 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
they once said "no to drugs"...and their was lots of peer pressure....I mean lots....California and Maine are real bullies!

Old 09-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

the dreaded double post

Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #20
JoeGalvan

JoeGalvan is on a distinguished road

according to jason terry, the mavs will have 4 uni's this year.

home- white
away- navy
alternate - ???
retro - green

he talked to bob and dan on the ticket about it when he first arrived in dallas ...

also, all the uniforms in the league will be made by reebok ... the mavs uni's were previously made by nike ... so there may be a few very small, hadly noticeable changes (materials/cut/etc) to the mavs home/away uni's this year
JoeGalvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:32 AM   #21
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

What Jersey (retro,alt,reg) is everyone planning to buy? And which player? I think I want to get a retro Jason Terry Jersey if I don't like the alts. Do you think they will go on sale as soon as they are released cause I haven't seen any authentic Bobcats Jerseys on sale yet.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Reebok will be handling uniforms? Interesting...... will we see nike replicas? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Finally, the return of the retro jerseys.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #23
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm kinda surprised that Cuban, being the kind of marketing guru he is & likes to be known as, has gone so long w/out doing the retro thing. Is not like our retro greens are ugly like, say, the Atlanta lime greens. I look forward to seeing them again.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch. Those lime greens are unfortunate.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Throwbacks that should be thrown back into the trash can.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

When I fall asleep I still dream of the old green ones. They were and are beautiful. I lost the pic of Josh Howard I had wearing the Rolando Blackman jersey. Anyone have a copy of that?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #27
dirk2003

I like these:

Old 09-27-2004, 12:52 AM   #28
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

NBA Live 2005 comes out on Tuesday.
Last year, thats how the Suns' orange alternates were first seen.
They had our silver alternates in that game too.

Maybe our first look at the Mav's new jerseys will be from a video game?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:07 AM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
NBA Live 2005 comes out on Tuesday.
Last year, thats how the Suns' orange alternates were first seen.
They had our silver alternates in that game too.

Maybe our first look at the Mav's new jerseys will be from a video game?
I'm buyin' it then. If it's on there I'll post screenshots.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #30
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

any word yet on the new "throwbacks" yet? I'm not going to buy my dampier jersey untill I see the p diddy ones.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:32 PM   #31
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

speaking of throwbacks, someone accused me of being a racist for wearing a Mavs throwback that had BLACKMAN on it. "JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS BLACK DOESN'T MEAN THEY PLAY BASKETBALL." maybe I should just get it changed to rolando.

you gotta love alabama.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Hah, that's funny endtroducing. People are so touchy they don't even bother to find out what exactly why it said that on the jersey. Ignoramus.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #33
vinnieponte

I just found out that the p-diddy jerseys wont be release untill the night of November 2nd @ the season opener! I tried my best to get a glimpse of them behind the curtin but security pushed me away @ the fan shop..lol I'll tell you this though.....I saw alot of green & yellow. I can't wait to get mine
Old 10-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #34
vinnieponte

and NO it wasn't the Dallas Stars as the box said "mavericks home" and I saw the bottom corner of the jersey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I saw alot of green & yellow. I can't wait to get mine
yellow? interesting....good spying Vinnie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2004, 06:49 PM   #36
sike
The Preacha

I'll be honest, I kinda like the simplicity....

Old 10-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #37
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
I just found out that the p-diddy jerseys wont be release untill the night of November 2nd @ the season opener! I tried my best to get a glimpse of them behind the curtin but security pushed me away @ the fan shop..lol I'll tell you this though.....I saw alot of green & yellow. I can't wait to get mine
You say that they wont be released (for sale I hope) until Nov 2, but does it mean they wont start wearing them in the preseason? Cause it says here.......

Quote:
Look for the team to wear their alternate suits
at least 12 times during the season, beginning in
the 2004 preseason. Sports fans can get theirs
come next fall.
from this Link...
Old 10-17-2004, 11:57 PM   #38
Windmill360
Diamond Member

The announcers were talking about the new jerseys and the retro jerseys on the pregame today with the Director of Merchandising for the Mavericks (Can't remember his name so I won't write it). They said that the Mavericks (along with the Wizards with their retro bullets uni's) are going to be particapating in the NBA's Hardwood Classics Nights this year. The GREEN retro's will be worn 5 times this year. They also talked about the new alternate uniforms but failed to give any descriptions of it only saying that they will NOT be pewter and they will be wearing them on some road games, unvieling them for the first time at a home game in late November. P. Diddy will be at the unvieling.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
unvieling them for the first time at a home game in late November
big dissapointment. I just hope that this isnt it

actually....thats pretty sharp.

or