Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Poor defender and merely average rebounder. Not the kind of guy I'd build around and defintely not the kind of guy I'd give more than 8mill/year for.

I do love his versatility, though. He posts well, moves well with/without the ball and does pass it well. We're just never going to be an elite defensive team with him, Dirk, and an aging Marion in the front court (and Calderon/Ellis in the backcourt-- oh my!)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-20-2014 at 10:43 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Poor defender and merely average rebounder. Not the kind of guy I'd build around and defintely not the kind of guy I'd give more than 8mill/year for.
Yeah its going to take significantly more than 8 million. I think long term his defense can greatly improve especially under the tutelage of a great coach and organization. But yeah.. seems to be abit of a reach for us in a 2 year window with Dirk. For me it would come down to cost, and I think there are just too many suitors for him that will raise the price above any kind of decent value.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Floppy

Floppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I do love his versatility, though. He posts well, moves well with/without the ball and does pass it well. We're just never going to be an elite defensive team with him, Dirk, and an aging Marion in the front court (and Calderon/Ellis in the backcourt-- oh my!)
I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself penciling in Marion at SF ...I think the Dallas defense would be fine if we signed Monroe and Ariza while also moving Calderon to the bench and starting Harris .

Harris / Ellis / Ariza / Dirk / Monroe

Like some said with some coaching Monroe could be a better defender
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post