Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light
Default "Rivals Mavs, Spurs Battle Tuesday In A Quest For Third... In The Southwest?!?"

Hey Everyone:

Don't know if any of you will be interested, but I found a pretty cool site the other day where any normal ole joe (like me) can write their own sports article. Haha its pretty fun and I have got pretty addicted pretty fast. I have written 4 Cowboys articles and posted them on the Cowboys forums, and people seemed to enjoy them.

I wrote my first Mavs piece today, and figured I'd share it with my fellow Mavs fans. Hope yall enjoy! (and if you don't, feel free to lemme know! haha).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-the-southwest
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

that was a great read, better then some articles I've seen written about teams

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-08-2008 at 10:04 PM.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks bbgirl. I've really enjoyed writing these Cowboys/Mavs pieces. It has, however, made me realize it is harder than it sounds! Haha glad you enjoyed it!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah man, not a bad article. You definitely got the typical "sports journalism hook" down in your first paragraph there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
robo98564

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah man, not a bad article. You definitely got the typical "sports journalism hook" down in your first paragraph there.
With my opinion of the typical "sports journalist", I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult!!

Haha thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed your article. At times, though, it tended toward melodrama. And when you said that the Spurs' problems were "compacted," I don't think that is really the word you meant.

Other than that, pretty good effort!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
robo98564

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I enjoyed your article. At times, though, it tended toward melodrama. And when you said that the Spurs' problems were "compacted," I don't think that is really the word you meant.

Other than that, pretty good effort!
Hey chum, thanks for the honest feedback... Too often you get on these fan sites and everyone is afraid to give their honest opinion since we both have the same rooting interest.

And honestly, I liked "compacted" until you brought it up... and now it really bothers me, so I'm going to think of how i can rephrase that! haha

I can see your point with the melodrama. But i guess thats kind of the point, right? To turn this one game, that for all intents and purposes doesn't really mean anything, into something that is hugely important and is a MUST watch!! You gotta sell it baby!!! haha

Haha thanks again for checking it out and giving some good feedback!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd recommend rethinking this sentence:

Quote:
Time will tell whether either of these teams are for real, and in the long run, both of these teams may not come close to as good their teams from years past.
I think you can do better than this.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 AM   #9
robo98564

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'd recommend rethinking this sentence:

I think you can do better than this.
Damn you chum for pushing me to be the best I can be!! haha

But your right again. I have fixed (I think) them both. Lemme know what you think. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Quote:
Without Ginobili, the Spurs opened up the season on a dreadful 1-4 start. Then, to make matters worse, point guard Tony Parker had to leave their sixth game of the season with yet another ankle injury. Parker would miss the next nine games.
Quote:
Like the Spurs, the Mavs still have work to do and will be looking to make a statement Tuesday night. Time will tell whether either of these teams are for real, and in the long run, there is a better than average chance that neither will live up to their predecessors.