Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #281
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Jones for minimum would be nice. Any other way.....not worth the risk because potential gain does not outweigh risk, IMO.

<edit> comparing him to Crayton though is like comparing apples to oranges... different teams, different skill-sets, sizes, and background.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 03-18-2009 at 10:47 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #282
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

julius peppers?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #283
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

We would have 80 sacks this year if Peppers came here. Seriously, I would love to have that guy. He's a freakin' beast. And coupling him with Ware?

I don't see any possible way for it to happen, but if it could, I'm all for it.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #284
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
comparing him to Crayton though is like comparing apples to oranges... different teams, different skill-sets, sizes, and background.
I'd say it's apples to apples when the MAIN argument for acquiring Matt Jones is that Romo needs a more reliable #2 target to line up with Roy Williams... The problem with that rationale is that it doesn't take into account the way this offense is currently built...

First of all, we should be a run-first team now that we have (arguably) one of the best running back tandems in the NFL [Barber/Felix/Choice], but obviously we're going to win our fair share of games through the air with a gunslinger like Tony Romo at the helm...

Secondly, I think Roy Williams will end up being a great #1 option at WR next season - people forget that he played with 4 different QBs on 2 different teams last season and that's not an easy adjustment to make... I know his lackluster debut is part of why people want to add another receiver, but I have a strong feeling that he and Romo will click in training camp (especially with Kitna's assistance...)

But just because Williams is our #1 wideout doesn't necessarily mean he'll be our #1 receiver... T.O. (basically) lost his job because he bitched about the fact that Jason Witten is Tony Romo's favorite target - I don't see that fact changing unless Roy Williams plays the best football of his career (a strong possibility with Romo slinging), but either way we're set with our #1 and #2 receiving options between Williams & Witten...

So now the argument comes down to #3...

If we're talking about targets, rather than how each target is built for use (your argument), then Crayton is just as valuable in the slot as Jones is on the outside as our #3 option... Add either Miles Austin or Sam Hurd blossoming into a solid #4 (#3?) option on the outside, then idea of acquiring a guy with a lot of legal baggage seems even more unnecessary (and even if you don't believe in either Austin or Hurd becoming legitimate threats, then consider that Martellus Bennett has also become a Romo favorite, not to mention that ALL THREE of our running backs have great hands...)

Not that I'm against bringing in more talent at WR, I just wouldn't take a chance on a guy with Matt Jones' legal/drug problems just to have him as our #3-5 receiving option, especially when you consider the talent/potential talent we already have (or could acquire through the draft...)

I'd rather go after a veteran like Torry Holt (even if he costs a hell of a lot more) than risk another "Pacman" who misses half the season with suspensions/injuries then produces nothing but media distractions in the end (which seems to be something Jerry Jones is trying to avoid this season - otherwise it's tough to justify canning Terrell Owens...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-18-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #285
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If you bring Matt Jones in here what exactly are you saying to fans and the players on the team when you cut Pac-Man and TO and are not looking to resign Tank? You already bring in the safety from the Jaguars who's been caught with guns more than Tank.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #286
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

forget Jones. forget Peppers.

re-sign Ware. pick up Rolle.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #287
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i'll take rolle
Old 03-23-2009, 06:32 AM   #288
MavsX
Diamond Member

dammit
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #289
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors have either Boldin or Braylon going to New York.

My reaction to that is, damn.

Contact Me
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #290
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post

Please tell me it's the "other" New York team...

Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #291
alby
Guru

The NFL just announced the compensatory picks and the Cowboys have been awarded fifth and sixth round selections in next month's draft.
The Cowboys were given the picks for losing running back Julius Jones to Seattle and cornerback Jacques Reeves to Houston last year in free agency.
The Cowboys now have 11 picks in the draft with one pick in the second round, one in the third, two in the fourth, three in the fifth, two in the sixth and two in the seventh round.

Contact Me
Old 03-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #292
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post

hopefully it's braylon..
Old 03-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #293
MavsX
Diamond Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #294
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he "wouldn't trade Tony (Romo) for anybody."
Jones laughed off rumors that Romo isn't passionate about football and that he'd deal him for Jay Cutler. Jerry also said Romo and new No. 1 WR Roy Williams started training together three weeks before voluntary work began. Mar. 24 - 7:59 pm et

PS: Looks like the Jags are all over T. Holt

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #295
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he "wouldn't trade Tony (Romo) for anybody."
Jones laughed off rumors that Romo isn't passionate about football and that he'd deal him for Jay Cutler. Jerry also said Romo and new No. 1 WR Roy Williams started training together three weeks before voluntary work began. Mar. 24 - 7:59 pm et

PS: Looks like the Jags are all over T. Holt
i saw that quote on profootballtalk.com too
Old 03-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #296
Underdog

Wildcat Formation Coming?

link

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones hinted the team may add some elements of the Wildcat to the playbook next season, possibly even drafting an athletic quarterback to run the hybrid offense.

"We may want to do some things on our offense this year with a third quarterback," Jones said. "That's something other than be there as a backup to the second quarterback and be there in case you lose all the quarterbacks and be there not certainly as a development prospect, but we could hopefully find a quarterback with a set of skills that we could put some packages in for."

West Virginia quarterback Pat White, who some teams see as a Wildcat threat and receiver in the NFL, would seem to fit the description. So too does third-year Cowboys receiver Isaiah Stanback, a talented scrambler when he quarterbacked the University of Washington. When a few NFL teams began using the Wildcat last year the quarterback position was often manned by running backs or receivers. Miami was the first team to feature the spread-option, scheming the new wrinkle to upset New England in Week Three.

Generally, the third quarterback is inactive on game day; the other two quarterbacks can not return to the game if he plays. But if a hybrid receiver were the third option the Cowboys could suit out three passers.

Cowboys running back Felix Jones has plenty of experience in the Wildcat after he and Raiders running back Darren McFadden tortured defense with misdirection at Arkansas. Jones was usually set in motion, either receiving a handoff or a fake from McFadden lined up in a shotgun set.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-26-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #297
MavsX
Diamond Member

genius
Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #298
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I am now following Martellus on Twitter.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #299
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I no longer follow Martellus on Twitter. That guy is freakin annoying. Who does he think he is, Shaq?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #300
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Since this pertains to Cows..because we could sign him since we love headcases and because this hurts the Giants unless they sign Boldin..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Giants cut Burress amid gun case

Quote:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants released Super Bowl hero Plaxico Burress on Friday, a little more than four months after the talented but troubled wide receiver accidentally shot himself in the thigh in a New York City nightclub.

Burress' four-year tenure with the Giants was highlighted by a game-winning touchdown catch in the Super Bowl against the previously undefeated New England Patriots in February 2008, but it was also dogged by fines and suspensions.

Burress' status has been uncertain since he shot himself in the thigh on Nov. 29 with an unlicensed gun he'd stuffed into his waistband. He faces a felony weapons charge that could put him in prison for at least 3½ years if convicted.

SB XLII Can't-Miss Play: Plax game-winner

NFL.com Video

Plaxico Burress and Eli Manning slay the mighty Patriots with a TD in the final moments of Super Bowl XLII.

Burress' case was adjourned on Tuesday while his attorneys and prosecutors worked on a possible plea agreement. He is due back in court on June 15.

The 31-year-old, who was suspended by the Giants for the final four weeks of the season for conduct detrimental to the team and fined after the shooting, also faces possible NFL sanctions for violating its personal conduct policy.

A senior Giants official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio it had become clear in January that Burress didn't want to be in New York when agent Drew Rosenhaus sent an e-mail to the rest of the league saying Burress could be available in a trade.

The delay in ending the court case this week also appeared to play a role in the Giants' decision.

"I am an optimist, and I believe most situations can be worked out," general manager Jerry Reese said in announcing the decision. "We hung in there as long as we could in hopes that there could be a resolution to this situation other than the decision we made today to release Plaxico.

"It wasn't to be, so now we have to move on. Like everybody else here, we want nothing but the best for Plaxico, and we are appreciative of the contributions he made to this franchise."

The decision to release Burress might lead the Giants to look for a deep threat receiver in the draft later this month. The only player currently on the roster who might fill that role is Mario Manningham, a second-year player out of Michigan who did little in an injury-plagued rookie season. Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon have shown the ability to be a deep threat on occasion, but neither is as consistent as Burress at stretching a defense.

Burress caught 344 passes with the Giants, which places him 12th on the franchise's career list, one catch ahead of Earnest Gray and three behind Aaron Thomas. Burress had 3,681 receiving yards and caught 33 touchdown passes for the Giants.

Burress' Giants teammates had been supportive about his possible return. The Giants lost four of their final five games after Burress was suspended and placed on the non-football injury list, meaning he also could not appear in the playoffs.

The Giants finished 12-5, losing at home in the playoffs to the Philadelphia Eagles. New York lost four of its final five games without Burress, who provided the Giants with their lone deep threat.

"Plaxico's contribution to our championship season in 2007 can never be underestimated or undervalued," coach Tom Coughlin said. "He displayed tremendous determination throughout that season. Having said that, I have always been as concerned about Plaxico as a man as I have been about him as a player, and my hope is that everything that has happened over the past several months represents a turning point.

"He is a young man with a family who has a whole lifetime ahead of him, and I personally wish him and his family well."

The Giants signed Burress to a five-year, $35 million contract extension in September. The team failed to play a $1 million signing after the shooting and the NFL Players Association filed a grievance on the player's behalf.

The grievance, which contests whether teams can withhold guaranteed salaries and bonus money from players because of off-the-field conduct, was heard earlier this week by an arbitrator, Stephen Burbank at the University of Pennsylvania law school. His ruling is expected within a week.

Negotiations between the Giants and Burress on the bonus apparently had been going well, but Burress refused to compromise on the amount he would get back.

He wanted all of it returned while Rosenhaus, his agent, wanted to compromise. That forced the hearing, another reason the Giants concluded that they were getting nowhere with Burress.

"It was another indication to us that the player did not want to be here, did not want to be with the Giants" the team source told Paolantonio.

Asked about Tuesday's events, when Burress' preliminary hearing on gun charges was put off another 60 days, the source said nothing specific about how the adjournment impacted their decision but said it was another indication "Plaxico was not dealing in the real world and doesn't want to go halfway on anything."

The Giants just decided to move on, the source said.

Burress had caught a pass in 115 consecutive games, including 56 with the Giants, until he was shut out at Arizona on Nov. 23, his last game before the shooting incident. Burress started but left that game after one series with a hamstring injury and did not return.

Burress' 23 postseason catches with the Giants leave him fifth on the team's career list and his 310 postseason yards place him third. He had 35 passes for 454 yards and four touchdowns in 10 games last season.

His last Giants' reception was an 11-yarder late in the second quarter in a victory over Baltimore on Nov. 16.

Burress joined the Giants as an unrestricted free agent March 2005.

Last edited by nikeball; 04-03-2009 at 03:56 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #301
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'll go record as saying that I would support a look at Plaxico and if they can get him on the cheap or under a similar deal as to when T.O. was first signed by Dallas...then I would be on board.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #302
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

That would be hiliarious if we picked up Plaxico

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #303
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
That would be hiliarious if we picked up Plaxico
It really would...headcase to headcase.

I could see NY being a player for Boldin since that issue still isn't resolved, as far as I can remember.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #304
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

How can WE sign Boldin? Get it done. Offer him one hundred BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #305
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it was a case of signing Boldin...he's not a free agent. The issue was he wants to renegotiate his deal because he's a bargain big time for his numbers. So if they low-ball him, he'll demand a trade.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #306
ty
Diamond Member

Taken from alby's boy Martellus' blog:

Quote:
I guess women have to let go at times too but it just doesn't seem
right, but if they do then it shouldn't smell or make a sound. I mean
come on if you were on a date with Angelina Jolie a lunch date eating
spaghetti and pancakes or whatever it is people eat in Hollywood and
as she's feeding you she farts. Do you let her slide because of her
beauty or call her out?

Never stop chasing your dreams.

-Martellus Bennett

Last edited by ty; 04-08-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #307
Underdog

Quincy Carter back in football

link

Quincy Carter is back in football, playing for the Abilene Ruff Riders of the Indoor Football League.

The former Georgia Bulldogs quarterback, who was arrested in February on a DWI charge in Texas, led the squad to its first win of the season Monday over the Odessa Roughnecks.

Carter finished 18-of-31 for 235 yards passing and five touchdowns.

The 31-year-old Carter earns the league standard of $200 per game, plus a $50 bonus for every win. His next start is Saturday against the Omaha Beef. [<--- best name ever! -UD]

The Indoor Football League has 19 teams across 13 states, including Alaska, Michigan, South Dakota and Texas.

Carter was the 53rd overall pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 2001. He was released in 2004 and landed with the New York Jets before a drug-related arrest ended his NFL career. He played two seasons in the Arena league and its minor league, af2, before a short stint on the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League.

Last year, he had a tryout with the Miami Dolphins

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #308
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I mean
come on if you were on a date with Angelina Jolie a lunch date eating
spaghetti and pancakes or whatever it is people eat in Hollywood and
as she's feeding you she farts. Do you let her slide because of her
beauty or call her out?
Of all the things the Greeks solved, why'd they leave this one for us??

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #309
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Fell bad for you guys, must suck to Have tony Choker Romo at qb
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #310
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Wow - I've never heard anyone talk sh!t about the Cowboys before (although we are a pretty obscure team...)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-10-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #311
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
wow...it must suck to have a team so bad you have too root against another team to feel good about yourself
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #312
alby
Guru

Martellus is awesome.

Contact Me
Old 04-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #313
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
wow...it must suck to have a team so bad you have too root against another team to feel good about yourself
Couldn't care less about the cowboys, just feel bad for the fan base, they need a good qb and deserve it, not a choker
Old 04-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #314
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
How can WE sign Boldin? Get it done. Offer him one hundred BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I don't think it was a case of signing Boldin...he's not a free agent. The issue was he wants to renegotiate his deal because he's a bargain big time for his numbers. So if they low-ball him, he'll demand a trade.

Boldin still has two years left on his contract. The cards would really like to resign him, but the question is, is he willing to take less that Fitzgerald? The Cards are in no big hurry to resign him since of the time left on his contract. I think if he is going to be traded it will be on draft day, and somebody will be willing to fork over say a first and third round pick.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #315
Underdog

Chiefs to sign LB Thomas this week

link

The Chiefs have added yet another piece to their rebuilding roster.

Kansas City has agreed to a 1-year, $2 million deal with veteran linebacker Zach Thomas, a source told FOXSports.com's Alex Marvez. The deal will be signed Monday or Tuesday, according to the source.

Thomas joins former New England Patriot Mike Vrabel in the Chiefs' revamped linebacking corps. Vrabel came to Kansas City in the trade that also brought quarterback Matt Cassel.

With the Chiefs planning to utilize a 3-4 defense this season, Thomas will likely be a defensive starter, said the Kansas City Star — which first reported the deal late Saturday.

Thomas, who will be 36 when the season starts, has been to seven Pro Bowls in his 13 seasons in the NFL, most recently in 2006. He was a fifth-round draft pick by the Dolphins in 1996 and played in Miami through 2007. He played for the Dallas Cowboys in 2008.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #316
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Good for Zach. I want to see what the Chiefs do this season. They can be a sleeper.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #317
BGMaverick9
Guru

That division is definitely open to having someone sneak through the cracks.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #318
alby
Guru

laff... he decided to go to Kansas City?

Contact Me
Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #319
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Good for Zach. I want to see what the Chiefs do this season. They can be a sleeper.
lol
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #320
MavsX
Diamond Member

mavs777 is annoying as sh*t

Tags
!peppers != 19-0, holy neck, not even participants, peppers = 19-0, villareal, we win super balls now?, what is a charger?