Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to EL for all the work that went into this thread!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really getting excited for this season.

It looks like a team that will have TONS of fight in it.

And with Calderon and Dirk leading the way, it should have cool heads in the high pressure moments at the end of games.

Color me pumped!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #82
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Does anyone know what channel the preseason game is on tonight? I looked everywhere on my TV guide and couldn't find it. Is it even being televised?
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #83
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lrYaPLgnU

Someone watch the video starting at 1:41 and let me know if those few shots are real.

They don't seem to be edited or "special effects"...but CAN THAT BE REAL????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Does anyone know what channel the preseason game is on tonight? I looked everywhere on my TV guide and couldn't find it. Is it even being televised?
!?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #85
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
!?
According to Mavs.com only one of their preseason games will be televised...and that will be on NBA TV.

REALLY???!

Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
According to Mavs.com only one of their preseason games will be televised...and that will be on NBA TV.

REALLY???!
Damn it. I ditched that channel. I'll have to stream it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #87
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Heh... You can't even sell preseason games to the web.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #88
fanliorel

fanliorel is on a distinguished road

Random Mavs fan from the Midwest checking in! Just to let you forum bemoaners know there are still lots of us lurkers out there...and getting darn excited for the season, too Thanks for all the links, pics, and info
fanliorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

NBA fans definitely get the worst deal of any of the American sports.
1) Very little preseason coverage even for rabid fans
2) Crazy blackouts that last not only through the original game time, but indefinitely.
3) Crappy league pass support/customer service

Anyway, there should be a (free) live, audio stream and stats of pre-season games at least. It's not much, but it's something.

Also, Calderon/Harris/Larkin out for tonight. Mekel is starting at the 1, but we're really thin with three guards out. Good thing Ellis can play comboguard.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-07-2013 at 12:03 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Color me pumped!
My box of Crayolas doesn't have that color... Would pink be a decent approximation?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

A good Carlisle quote from Fish's donuts about Monta's start to training camp.

"Monta's had a really good four or five days,'' Carlisle said. "He's just been aggressive, he's been a leader on the team. ... Defensively, he's been into the ball, he's been attacking, and so he's going to help us an awful lot.''

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #92
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:

REALLY???!

So can we stream the game somehow or what?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #93
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lrYaPLgnU

Someone watch the video starting at 1:41 and let me know if those few shots are real.

They don't seem to be edited or "special effects"...but CAN THAT BE REAL????
4 in a row from that position is really crazy : )
the sickest trick shot i have ever seen still comes from vc when he was in orlando
i believe you can find the clip on youtube. dwight howard is trying to hit the basket from the opposite freethrow line, while he is sitting : )
vc joins the party, takes one attempt and swishes it : )
to even be able to throw the ball that far while sitting on the ground is amazing
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #94
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
4 in a row from that position is really crazy : )
the sickest trick shot i have ever seen still comes from vc when he was in orlando
i believe you can find the clip on youtube. dwight howard is trying to hit the basket from the opposite freethrow line, while he is sitting : )
vc joins the party, takes one attempt and swishes it : )

to even be able to throw the ball that far while sitting on the ground is amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqxwUWw4ibE

Last edited by spreedom; 10-07-2013 at 01:49 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #95
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
My box of Crayolas doesn't have that color... Would pink be a decent approximation?
Nope, try blue or white. Green will also work.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #96
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

nm

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #97
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
So can we stream the game somehow or what?
I think this stream might work... from Mavs.com so if it fails, it was an official fail.

http://www.mavs.com/dalvsnop/?utm_so...eam_mavsdotcom

I'm not up to speed on new apps... I hope Livestream isn't that thing where people just post their thoughts like twitter.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #98
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I think this stream might work... from Mavs.com so if it fails, it was an official fail.

http://www.mavs.com/dalvsnop/?utm_so...eam_mavsdotcom

I'm not up to speed on new apps... I hope Livestream isn't that thing where people just post their thoughts like twitter.
Thanks man, appreciate it
Old 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched a little bit of the livestream feed on my roku and it was pretty good. Shockingly good tbh. Most of the streams are pretty rotten. It was recorded so I'll try it out tonight live and see.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yes. "Pumped" is the manliest pink imaginable.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #101
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Nope, try blue or white. Green will also work.
+rep

Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #102
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

durant sporting dirks one legged fade away
he acknowleges greatness : )
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #103
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Of the newcomers, Monta definitely stood out. Looks in shape and engaged, and clearly brings a completely new dimension to the team at the SG spot. Somebody mentioned his FGAs as a potential negative, but I really think that's reading too much into the boxscore. His decision-making on the offensive end was very solid to my eyes. Only one game, obviously, but it was a very good start.

Other than him, Mekel looked somewhat overwhelmed his first time out on an NBA court, and I didn't think much of what I saw from Daly or Blair. Hopefully Sam can get his conditioning righted, cause they're going to need more from him than that. Ellington looked good to me in lineups where he wasn't asked to do too much offensively, but with all the injuries in the backcourt I also thought he got exposed at times. No biggie there, provided the team can get healthy.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 10-08-2013 at 07:03 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #104
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I think that Monta will be our primary ballhandler this year with Calderon really only working to control the pace, make the hockey assist and hit the kick-out three. Monta will also probably be given the quicker of the two guards to defend, which should help Calderon keep up defensively. I was actually really happy with his decision making last night and look forward to see what he can do when he really figures out the plays. A lot of his stuff last night was just improvised, but his drive-and-dump was basically unguardable when he was able to drive and when Dirk is playing with him, he should be able to drive a lot.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #105
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

I think Calderon will fill the role that Kidd filled. He'll run the offense except when we want Ellis to create or work a 2 man game with Dirk.

It is nice to see Ellis play with some efficiency but pre season defenses are pretty vanilla. I just don't expect him to become an efficient player just because he joined Dirk and the Mavs. That may be OK as long he at least improves from his previous seasons because the Mavs could really use some offensive explosiveness on the team. The trade off could be a positive.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

http://www.mavs.com/jose-calderon-re...e-limitations/

Calderon cleared for full practice. Will play Wednesday
Old 10-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #107
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Can't wait to see him in action with Monta and Dirk.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #108
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Will play Wednesday ?
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #109
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Will play Wednesday ?
full practice today. Will fly with the team to Indy tomorrow and should play.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

And not that preseason is that important, but anyone wanna start the GDT for tomorrow? I'm currently 0-2, but stepped in when there wasn't one by 10-11 the day of.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #111
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

That very article mentioned twice that Calderon will NOT play Wednesday. I couldn't get the video to load, so maybe there is different info in there?

"And although he has already been ruled out for Wednesday night’s contest at Indiana, the 32-year-old veteran is likely to make his long-awaited debut with his new team Saturday night when the Mavs take on the Charlotte Bobcats in Greensboro, N.C."

"Hold him out (Wednesday night) and just do some precautionary work tomorrow in shootaround before the game, and then as we go along here we’ll get him more and more into it."
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Fish mentioned that he'd be excited to see him play in the next game and Calderon tweeted that he was excited to fly with the team. I didn't read that correctly and missed it in the article-- just got too excited.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #113
sike
The Preacha

Any chance that tonight's game will be televised?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #114
SMC0007
Guru

Looking for a link...

Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #115
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

Has anyone noticed:

Sammy D has a dual identity, also playing for the Dallas cowboys. (Brandon Carr on left, Samuel Dalembert on Right)

No wonder he was tired the first pre-season game.

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Anyone wanna make the GDT?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #117
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Any chance that tonight's game will be televised?
Not scheduled, unless something changed. Here's is the preseason broadcast schedule:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=268&f=2144&t=11979167
Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #118
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks to EL for all the work that went into this thread!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really getting excited for this season.

It looks like a team that will have TONS of fight in it.

And with Calderon and Dirk leading the way, it should have cool heads in the high pressure moments at the end of games.

Color me pumped!
If you meant taking the sloughed off interior lining of her vaginal wall and posting it on the forum as being a positive, then yeah..I suppose you'd then have a point.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-17-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #119
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Here's a Mavericks season preview video if anyone's interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDt85CzgVDU

It's from Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose. They've basically been ranking the teams starting from 30 and they have us at #14, which is a playoff team. But they said we were in the 43-45 win range... which made me mad. We went 41-41 without Dirk for 30 games and a much worse supporting cast than this year's... so how they translate that into 3-5 more wins is beyond me. Honestly this video was kinda hard to watch as a die-hard Mavs fan. They're basically ripping our team the whole time, so watch at your own risk lol
Old 10-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #120
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...naldo-balkman/

They were long shots when they walked in the door — Dallas had 15 guaranteed contracts on the roster already — and on Tuesday the ax fell.

The Dallas Mavericks waived Fab Melo and Renaldo Balkman, the team announced Tuesday.

In the case of Melo his possible return to the NBA some day will be dictated by his willingness to develop his game. There have been rumors questioning his maturity and desire to work at his game since he entered the league. The fact Memphis was willing to eat his $1.3 million salary this year to let him go before camp even started should speak to that.

Drafted No. 22 by the Celtics as a project, he never got close to what the Celtics envisioned. Despite his athletic gifts and being a legit 7’0”, he got in just six games for Boston last season and spent most of the season in the D-League developing his game (he was named to the D-League All-Defensive First Team and D-League All-Rookie First Team). The most notable thing he did as a rookie was get a concussion walking into a doorway. Boston traded him to Memphis. When Memphis waived him he took a camp invite from Dallas, but that was never the long term answer.

Dallas also cut Balkman, who looked good for Puerto Rico in the FIBA America’s tournament, likely now returns to Europe for the season.

Dallas also waived former Laker Devin Ebanks as well as D.J. Kennedy.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
murph is an attack on d-m