Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavericks @ Pacers (Preseason), 16th October, 6pm CST

Here we go, no links so far...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Preseason game 4 Mavericks at Pacers (6:00)

There isn't one made yet, so I figured I'd make one. If there is a link, then it will be posted here.

injuries
Calderon is healthy but sitting this one out. Larkin is 2-3 weeks away from playing. Harris is 3-4 weeks away. Wright is out for another 3-5 weeks with his shoulder.

Lineups
Starting lineup has not been announced, but Marion is expected to return to the lineup. This is likely to be Mekel's last game starting.

Dalembert
Dirk
Marion
Ellis
Mekel

notes
The Pacers have defeated the Mavericks in four of the last five meetings, including three in a row.
Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle comes back to Indy, where he was an assistant under Pacers president Larry Bird from 1997-2000 and then the team’s head coach from 2003-2007. His 2003 team won the Central Division, had the NBA’s best record (61-21) and set a franchise record for wins in the regular season.
Pacers center Ian Mahinmi averaged 4.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in two seasons with the Mavericks (2010-12).
Donald Sloan was born in Shreveport, Louisiana but he played high school ball at Seagoville in Dallas.
New Pacers assistant coach Popeye Jones played in Dallas from 1993-96, and again in 2002-03. He later worked under Avery Johnson and Rick Carlisle from 2006-10.

links/coverage
None known at this time

TV: None
Radio: 103.3 http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, I didn't see this one when I posted mine.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Merged - JT

Last edited by jthig32; 10-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

http://www.usagoals.tv/basketball/59...s-live-stream/
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Works and just started! Excellent!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see Ellis break someone off the dribble and score. So far he has almost exclusively dumped the ball off.

I DO like Ellis being a willing passer, but I want to see him "do his thing"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The Pacers TV announcers are terrible. The Color Guy literally sounds drunk.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I wish there was only about 2 pre-season games. There's too much, especially with an 82 game season. Fab Melo looks to be competing for Bernard James spot. Lets see how that goes.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I want to see Ellis break someone off the dribble and score. So far he has almost exclusively dumped the ball off.

Meh. Pre-season is mostly about who can jump shoot and rebound effectively. We'll wait for that when the real games count.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

Gal just looks slow for the NBA game.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:

Once Calderon is back I'm sure he'll be doing more if the distributing and Ellis will look more to score. But it's good to know that Ellis has the ability to make these great passes off pick-and-rolls, I wasn't aware that he was this good of a passer.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis with 7 assists already. Quite impressed with his playmaking skills so far.

Mekel is a third stringer so I'm not all that concerned.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Crowder at 12-16min a game could be a very nice boost of energy.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Once Calderon is back I'm sure he'll be doing more if the distributing and Ellis will look more to score. But it's good to know that Ellis has the ability to make these great passes off pick-and-rolls, I wasn't aware that he was this good of a passer.
Ellis did get 6 assists per last season.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Ellis with a great score at the rim!

Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Ellis needs to stop shooting 3's. Other than this, I like his game so far.

I am curious to see how the rotations are going to be when Harris and Calderon are going to be 100 %.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Ellis did get 6 assists per last season.
Yeah I know, I just didn't watch many Bucks games last season. I have to see it to believe it, and I kinda figured he had to average more assists because of Jennings not exactly being a pass-first PG to say the least.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Ellis will be the best rim attacker for the Mavs in the Dirk era.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

ELLIS drives the court!

Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
Vinsanity
Golden Member

"BOOM BABY!" God, if I hear that one more time...
Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
"BOOM BABY!" God, if I hear that one more time...
ugh. I want to hurt him.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

Ellis is nuts on the move.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Ellis just two assists shy of a double double in the first half.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

Ellis has decided to attack tonight. Me = happy

Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
Vinsanity
Golden Member

I'm really loving Ellington. I'm afraid he'll get put in the dog house once Calderon and Harris are back. Kinda like Anthony Morrow last season

Last edited by Vinsanity; 10-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'm really loving Ellington. I'm afraid he'll get put in the dog house once Calderon and Harris are back. Kinda like Anthony Morrow last season
Give me Ellington over Harris if we're looking for someone to make a bucket

Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This team is hanging with a very good playoff team that is playing some tough D.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis looks great. I think he and Dirk are going to be swell. Can't wait for Calderon to get integrated into that mix. Dirk, Calderon, Ellington, Carter shooting, Ellis creating is going to be fun to watch and tough to guard. I kinda like our chances in a close game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ellis 13-9-3stl in the half. Headed to his first (of many) double-doubles.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Give me Ellington over Harris if we're looking for someone to make a bucket
Harris is much better at getting to the basket but Ellington is the much better outside shooter. And the good thing about Ellington is that he isn't just a spot up shooter, he can create his own shot off the dribble and knock it down. I'm not sure who'll get more minutes but we all know how much more Carlisle trusts a veteran over a young guy...
But I think they might be looking to trade a couple of these guards by the deadline (since we have so many) and look to get a more legitimate center. Hopefully that's what we're doing. Dalembert looks okay but he's the weak-link in our starting 5. Imagine Tyson Chandler with this team, or someone like that. We'd be contenders honestly.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

"Ellis has more attempts than the entire team"

What? He has 7 attempts of 52. Dirk had 8, Marion had 14
Old 10-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
"Ellis has more attempts than the entire team"

What? He has 7 attempts of 52. Dirk had 8, Marion had 14
Yeah, their announcers are clueless. They just said Shane Larkin is in the game...
Old 10-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #34
zakarumes

zakarumes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, their announcers are clueless. They just said Shane Larkin is in the game...
They also confused Mekel and Crowder earlier
zakarumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good god, how good is Dirk at drawing fouls on the three? Three consecutive games with either 3+1 or three FTs
Old 10-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #36
yahyes
Banned

Most of our main guys look to be fully conditioned.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ellis looks great. I think he and Dirk are going to be swell.
Looks like their game's will be extremely complimentary

Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Most of our main guys look to be fully conditioned.
Must be nice to face the Jr. Varsity team.

No Hill, George, West, Hibbert = No Contest.

But I do like what I saw tonight. Crowder and Blair will be great energy guys this season.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #39
Vinsanity
Golden Member

The team we have in now is gonna blow this lead
Old 10-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The team we have in now is gonna blow this lead
no worries