Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #41
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Memphis's 34 fouls was the most by any Mavs opponent since January 12, 2007 (an OT win at Indiana).
Hoping for a new trend. Mavs always have been at the bottom of the league in opposing fouls and FTAs. Ellis sure has the capability to boost us in that area.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #42
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Hoping for a new trend. Mavs always have been at the bottom of the league in opposing fouls and FTAs. Ellis sure has the capability to boost us in that area.
So you coming around on Ellis?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #43
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXIu9KvCww
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #44
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
So you coming around on Ellis?
Lets discuss that after one fourth of the season or so. It's quite a change to have a penetrating backcourt, especially coming from the atrocious guard play last season. But I've simply not seen enough to judge whether he can be an effective player for the first time in his career and especially cut down on low-percentage shots. If he can't stop pulling up from mid-range, I'll be having a hard time with him.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Also not putting too much emphasis on that in a third game, but it's absolutely stunning how well Marion ages. Pretty much before every season I'm torn between keep and "let's get something out of him on the market before it's too late" and then games like this happen on a regular basis.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #46
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Also not putting too much emphasis on that in a third game, but it's absolutely stunning how well Marion ages. Pretty much before every season I'm torn between keep and "let's get something out of him on the market before it's too late" and then games like this happen on a regular basis.
Length and bball IQ don't disappear with age and he's got plenty of both. Not the same on the ball defender due to losing a step.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Look at Reggie Miller, Bruce Bowen and Grant Hill. They played till 40. Marion is the same type of player. Also Pippen and many other 6-8 "skinny" guys aged well. Kevin Durant will probably play till 40 and score 35.000... Not sure about LBJ.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-03-2013 at 02:37 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #48
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

Anyone know where I can watch this game online? I can't seem to find any site that works. Thanks.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #49
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Marion is going to take less salary and retire in Dallas... Words marked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Love the idea, but not at the expense of squeezing all the value of every penny to sign another difference maker. If said difference maker is actually wanting to come to Dallas.
Looking at the free agency this year, unless some middle tier players have breakout years there's not a ton of absolute difference makers available who won't have every team in the league scrambling for them. If we have a deep playoff run, perhaps we'll see a reversal of the last couple offseasons in which a couple guys with huge upsides come here on reduced salaries to play (I guess that kinda already happened with Ellis).
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the last two years it felt like we were always at the top of different (starting) lineups played due to varying reasons. Consistency would be a nice change.
Boy, isn't that the truth.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #51
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

great games, good to see Dirk at a consistent level of play
Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #52
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
great games, good to see Dirk at a consistent level of play
and this from ESPN - Marc Stein
Three games into the new season, Dirk Nowitzki has already matched his longest streak of 20-point games from last season.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #53
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
and this from ESPN - Marc Stein
Three games into the new season, Dirk Nowitzki has already matched his longest streak of 20-point games from last season.
Wow very indicative of the struggles last season for the mavericks
Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazingly enough, Dirk had 2 occasions last year in which he had stretches in which he put up 15 or more shots in 3 straight games.... Of course, in those 2 stretches, he scored 20 or more points in each game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #55
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been able to get on with work an all but I have been watching every game so far.... this team excites me and I can't wait till we have this team at 100%.

We could very easily be 3-0 right now. Once the team gels and is [hopefully] completely healthy, this team is going to be dangerous.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I haven't been able to get on with work an all but I have been watching every game so far.... this team excites me and I can't wait till we have this team at 100%.

We could very easily be 3-0 right now. Once the team gels and is [hopefully] completely healthy, this team is going to be dangerous.
Exciting and dangerous might be very good words for this team come playoff time.

And for the record, I'm a fan of both of those words when applied to my Mavs.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #57
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I fully expect after the all star break for the lineup to be sorted and everyone clicking on all cylinders. I cannot wait for tomorrow night. NBA TV yo!

We should unsticky that loss to houston though like yesterday