Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-07-2004, 01:19 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default I am really starting to like NADER!!

CHICAGO - Independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader (news - web sites) called Tuesday for President Bush (news - web sites) to be impeached for "deceiving the American people night after night after night" about U.S. involvement in Iraq (news - web sites).

"When you plunge our country into war on a platform of fabrications and deceptions, and you bring back thousands of American soldiers who are sick, injured or dead, and that war is unconstitutionally authorized to begin with, Mr. Bush's behavior qualifies for the high crimes and misdemeanor impeachment clause of the Constitution," the 2000 Green Party presidential nominee said to applause from about 200 students at Columbia College Chicago.

Nader said President Clinton (news - web sites) was impeached for "far less of an offense."

"Lying under oath is not a trivial offense, but it cannot compare with deceiving the American people night after night after night on national television, staging untruths and rejecting the advice of his advisers," he said.

Merrill Smith, a spokeswoman for Bush's re-election campaign, declined to comment.

Nader previously called for Bush's impeachment during an anti-war rally March 20 in the president's hometown of Crawford, Texas, to mark the first anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Nader, a longtime consumer advocate, was in Illinois to gather the 25,000 signatures he needs before June 21 to qualify for the state ballot. He failed Monday to qualify for Oregon's ballot, but said he would try again under another option there.

Many Democrats blame Nader for Democrat Al Gore (news - web sites)'s loss to Republican George W. Bush in 2000, and have urged him not to run this time. They cite the vote Nader captured in close contests in New Hampshire and Florida and argue that Gore would have won if either state had gone to the then-vice president.

But Nader says Gore is to blame for his misfortune, and he rejected the idea that he could draw support away from Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites), the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

In Portland, Ore., on Monday, former Democratic presidential contender Howard Dean (news - web sites) warned that "a vote for Ralph Nader is the same as a vote for George Bush."

An audience member in Chicago was booed for suggesting something similar.

Nader responded: "What we have to tell the two parties in unmistakable terms is that this country does not belong to two parties."

Old 04-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:I am really starting to like NADER!!

So vote for him.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
So vote for him.
Underrated line of the day.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: I am really starting to like NADER!!

If Nader really wouldn't want Bush to stay, he would give up. But, as -almost- always when it comes to politicians and their selfishness, he won't.

Edit: I wrote it wrong.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: I am really starting to like NADER!!

Nader's success in the polls is proof that the major parties aren't doing enough to represent insane maniacs.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:33 PM   #6
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I wasnt serious! I would never vote for him..i just like his Jabs on the prez
Old 04-07-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Nader's success in the polls is proof that the major parties aren't doing enough to represent insane maniacs.
classic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 PM   #8
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Nader's success in the polls is proof that people are just not used anymore to have only two alternatives to choose from. Could be, lately I noticed that those color-tvs are actually more popular than the black and white ones.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman
Maybe Nader's success in the polls is proof that people are just not used anymore to have only two alternatives to choose from. Could be, lately I noticed that those color-tvs are actually more popular than the black and white ones.
I am here to state my full support of Nader running in this election. I hope lots and lots of people vote for him.

Lots and lots of people.

Lots.

A whole lot.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ralph Nader is a truly a man of his convictions. You may not agree with them but he stands by them.

Of course that's why he can't run as a democrat.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Ralph Nader is a truly a man of his convictions. You may not agree with them but he stands by them.
You gotta respect the sacrifice he makes for his causes.

[/quote]Of course that's why he can't run as a democrat.[/quote]

neither as a Republican it seems.

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:10 PM   #12
reeds
Golden Member

"I am here to state my full support of Nader running in this election. I hope lots and lots of people vote for him.

Lots and lots of people.

Lots.

A whole lot. "

OF course you hope lots vote for him- its the ONLY chance BUSH has of winning...kinda like in the last election.....
Old 04-08-2004, 09:56 AM   #13
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
Is it possible that you could remove the extra lines from an article before you post it?

Thank you.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
reeds
Golden Member

no
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #15
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
no
I see you went the "How win friends and influence people" route. All I asked, and very nicely at that, was for you to remove the double spaces between the paragraphs in the articles that you post. But I guess someone like you can't be bothered to think of someone other than yourself.

Thank you for summing up your personality in that two word answer.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #16
reeds
Golden Member

actually max i didnt really understand your question- i was under the impression that there SHOULD be spaces between paragraphs? In all seriousness, that is how I have always posted? I didnt think space was that "big an issue"?? I will try be be more aware of the gaps between paragraphs...
Old 04-13-2004, 09:23 AM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He cant run as either because he is about half a step away from being a communist. He reminds me of what michael Douglas' character in the american president said at the end, "He isn't interested in solving your problems, but he wants to do two things, make you scared of them and tell you who to blame for them." Or something to that effect.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote