Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ..something that was forwarded to me. This type of thinking has got to stop.

Two Arab mothers are sitting in the cafe strip

chatting over a pint of goat's milk.

The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and

starts flipping through pictures, and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old now."

"Yes, I remember him as a baby" says the other

mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though" mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear" says the other.

"And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21."

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he

had such curly hair when he was born".

"He's a martyr too" says mum quietly.

"Oh gracious me ...." says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful

Ahmed. He's 18 ", she whispers.

"Yes" says, the friend enthusiastically, "I remember

when he first started school".

"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim

mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says...

{wait for it, …. wait for it …..}

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Greatness...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood why they call the Arabs cowards. I can't remember the last time that an American--knowingly--gave up his life in the pursuit of his beliefs. Damn, those guys have more nuts about them than most every American I've ever known. Cowards, I think not.

And, you will recognize, that is part of the problem. It's a difficult weapon to defend.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't call them cowards either. I would call them blinded by a false prophet. I would die defending my beliefs. But I sure as heck wouldn't blow others up for it. That may not be cowardice in your book.... but it sure is sorry.

edit: How is blowing up innocent people to get back at a world power not being a coward? I said I wouldn't call them cowards, but that is bunk. They are alot of things, and coward absolutely fits.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-04-2006 at 11:45 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would call them blinded by a false prophet, too. Not sure whether I could commit to dying for my beliefs. I'd be much more inclined, I would think, to dying for the lives of a number of my fellow men. But when it comes to your last comment, I recognize that war is war. We don't mind taking lives in our own cause--a cause I certainly don't disagree with--so I don't see why it's sorry for them to take lives in pursuit of theirs.

On a moral level, it's one and the same. On a pragmatic level, I'd just as soon take 'em all out and proceed with civilization without them. But maybe that's just the Machiavelli in me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Life is all chuckles with you stupid infidels.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I would call them blinded by a false prophet, too. Not sure whether I could commit to dying for my beliefs. I'd be much more inclined, I would think, to dying for the lives of a number of my fellow men. But when it comes to your last comment, I recognize that war is war. We don't mind taking lives in our own cause--a cause I certainly don't disagree with--so I don't see why it's sorry for them to take lives in pursuit of theirs.

On a moral level, it's one and the same. On a pragmatic level, I'd just as soon take 'em all out and proceed with civilization without them. But maybe that's just the Machiavelli in me.
I'm sure Hitler thought what he did was justified.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

The difference is that they target innocent civilians. Sure, we take collateral damage, but the USA and other countries like us go to painstaking effort to limit collateral damage to an absolute minimum - even to a fault. Fear of politically damaging civilian casualties was what kept Clinton from trying to take out bin Laden when he had a chance, after all.

On the other hand, we're willing in a war to take lives - this is true. But we only aim to take lives of people who have actively taken up the cause against us and the western way of life. And even then, you and I and everyone here knows that if we could realistically round them all up without killing them, we'd be going through every hoop and hurdle and needle-eye to try and execute it.

On the other hand, targeting innocent civilians is just one of the tools in the tool belt of Muslim terrorists. This is what they have in common with Hitler and Nazi Germany, and it's why those comparisons are vaild. They do try to strike military targets here and there, governmental establishments like embassies and the like, but those are part of an overall strategy that includes targeting flat out innocent people, caught in the crossfire. To inspire fear, of course. It's the terror in terrorism. It's very different from Hitler's facist genocide in execution, but it shares that core ruthlessness and desire to end innocent lives.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha...

"They Blow up so fast, don't they?"

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-05-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:56 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

what a scary cultural phenomenon
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I'm sure Hitler thought what he did was justified.
yes, those who become consumed by their cause are blind to the "normal" constraints our morality places on society.

The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements by Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Hoffer's beginning notion is that "people with a sense of fulfillment think the world is good while the frustrated blame the world for their failures. Therefore a mass movement's appeal is not to those intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self, but to those who crave to be rid of an unwanted self. He continues by saying that the true believer "cannot be convinced, only converted". This basic tenet of the story is about human nature and its susceptibility to totalitarianism both secular and sectarian. To wit, he writes that "all mass movements strive to impose a fact proof screen between the faithful and the realities of the world. And, that faith becomes the things the fanatic declines to see.

Last edited by Mavdog; 04-05-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #13
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

wow, that was, dare I say, funny. Please tell me those pics of kids were photoshoped. It has just gotten so out of hand over there. The leaders use their power to influence the people under them and use their power to their advantage. Then the religious leaders for some reason are all dumbasses and can't stand up and tell these dumbass suicide bombers that what they are doing is wrong.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no photoshop whatsoever there 6-8.

"Please daddy....I don't want to die".
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
wow, that was, dare I say, funny. Please tell me those pics of kids were photoshoped. It has just gotten so out of hand over there. The leaders use their power to influence the people under them and use their power to their advantage. Then the religious leaders for some reason are all dumbasses and can't stand up and tell these dumbass suicide bombers that what they are doing is wrong.
Sadly, there was no photoshopping done to those pics, or these ones, 6-8...

It's an ugly situation, and it's only going to get uglier, as it appears very likely that the free world is going to have to deal with an even more deranged and murderous generation of Mohommaden fanatics in coming years. The Jihad is being tought to Muslims in their schools and madrasas, glorified on television and in print, and in the worst areas of Gaza, Iran, the West Bank, Somalia, Syria, Indonesia, etc... parents take pride in staging the kind of sick pantomimes that the above pictures lay sad testament to (most of the above pics are of Hamas kids from Gaza and the West Bank, but unhinged demonstrations in other countries often feature the youngest generation demonstrating against things like Danish cartoons while mouthing Jihadist death slogans and carrying on with fake guns, if not with fake suicide bombs)...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-05-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #16
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I think the bottom one of Shawn is the worst pic of them all. haha
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I think the bottom one of Shawn is the worst pic of them all. haha

You can't stop the Reign, 6-8 ...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #18
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Look at the way he sticks his butt in the face of charles oakley. disgusting.