Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is a +1 a guest host?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #42
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt he could do it full time.

Agree on Dave Barnett. Just doesn't fit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
is a +1 a guest host?
Do you just not listen anymore or what?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Do you just not listen anymore or what?
not too often to the hardline...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
not too often to the hardline...
Ah, well yes, ever since the Greggo thing, they've had periodic "plus ones", as in guest third host.

KScott did it quite often for a while. They had that spare that was on that ESPN contest to be a SportsCenter anchor that lives in the metropls, Kelly something. They've had Richie Whitt from the Dallas Observer several times.

They've had this Dave Barnett guy a couple time over the past two week, and they've had ol' Follywell a few times, three times now according to Dirno.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-07-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #46
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

How popular is the Ticket in Dallas? At a Mavs game, how many of the 20000 would know that there is a Mike and a Corby and they do a show called the Hardline?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
How popular is the Ticket in Dallas? At a Mavs game, how many of the 20000 would know that there is a Mike and a Corby and they do a show called the Hardline?
I don't know about how many at a Mavs' game would recognize it, but it's been the #1 station for men 25-50 or whatever the demographic for years and years now.

Its ratings are so far ahead of the other sports stations in the area it makes you wonder why the others even try.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #48
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Marconi award winning Ticket is America's favorite radio station...... so it would be quite a few.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-07-2008 at 05:11 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #49
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

One more question. What is the purpose of a remote show? Do people show up to a cellphone store just to see them? Can one talk to them in breaks or does one show up mostly for the free food?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One more question. What is the purpose of a remote show? Do people show up to a cellphone store just to see them? Can one talk to them in breaks or does one show up mostly for the free food?
That wasn't the question.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #51
Dim499
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
That wasn't the question.
Maybe I didn't understand the question.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I would imagine people show up for the free food, giveaways, special deals, and to stare at the TicketChicks.

But I think some of the hosts do converse in breaks at times.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #53
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe I didn't understand the question.
Do you like YOUR JOB?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #54
Dim499
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Do you like YOUR JOB?
This drop has been gone for so long I don't remember how this bit goes. But I love being chief of police.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #55
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I miss Greggo drops.

I don't miss Greggo, at all, but I miss the drops.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #57
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Any fan of the great Bob Sturm might want to check his blog out today: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, that drove me nuts just reading it. Bravo to him for dropping it when he did.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #59
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm not a fan of violence as a form of problem solving by any stretch of the imagination, outside of the hockey rink....but that guy needs to have his ass beat.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-13-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any fan of the great Bob Sturm might want to check his blog out today: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/
Wow...I hope to God that first guy was just doing a bit.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #61
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think Dan is going to kill Tom
Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #62
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

IM DOYLE KING

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Who else seen the leprechaun say yay!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Who else seen the leprechaun say yay!!!
I wanna know where da gold at!!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

It coooould be a crackhead!!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

I'm gonna get me a backhoe!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #67
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm gonna get me a backhoe!!!
Gon uproot that tree

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Here's yet another example of why ESPN radio will never be able to compete with the Ticket.

On Tuesday, PacMan Jones is coming into town to be a guest, in studio, with Mike Irvin. Now that, in itself, is kind of a cool thing. A segment or two of Mike talking to Pacman about his troubles would probably be really interesting radio.

Problem is, he's going to be on the show for the ENTIRE THREE HOURS.....

Honestly, that is a horrible decision. What on earth are they going to talk about for that long?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"...And all that implies" ?

lol. ESPN Radio = suck

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-21-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They're going to play the new "Gabby Urinator" audio after this commercial.

P1's tune in. This bit is pretty genius...and so uncomfortable.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #71
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Here's yet another example of why ESPN radio will never be able to compete with the Ticket.
It's funny, because in Austin we have an ESPN affiliate and a Fox Sports, Ticket wannabe affiliate, and the ESPN station is infinitely better, other than the fact that Fox Sports affiliate caries all UT games.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #72
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
It's funny, because in Austin we have an ESPN affiliate and a Fox Sports, Ticket wannabe affiliate, and the ESPN station is infinitely better, other than the fact that Fox Sports affiliate caries all UT games.
There is only one Ticket. Accept no substitutes.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-28-2008 at 05:56 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #73
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most controversial compound ever. I have a feeling this will be the last one.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #74
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah...tensions are high already.

Corby was really hot about that waiver document thing the other day.

And Craig is kind of being a jerk about the master suite, and then there was his call to the Hard line last week that quickly escalated.

If Gordo stays with Craig in the master suite, won't that leave a room for Norm by himself?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I didn't hear the waiver document thing, but everything else has been a bit tense.

I'll be disappointed if they stop doing it, I love it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Ticket Compound is already hampering my productivity
Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #77
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I thought you didn't have to work during compound week???

????
Old 04-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Norm and George NCAA post game show was fun....apparently Rhines is going to do something else?

crap. I gotta go to bed.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #79
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Dang I missed the segment a few minutes ago. They said there was some violence or controversy or something yesterday? Did anyone catch that?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Norm is making drinks for ticket chicks...who are hugging Rhines for an inappropriate amount of time...and Dan is singing to Disco.

Tags
emotifluff, fluff enhancing drugs, got a bit fluffy in here