Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #161
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Yea, while I'm sure Boston would love Trae Young, they would love to have one of the premier big men in this draft instead. Ayton or Bamba on that team is scary to think. Congrats to the Celtics for hitting on all cylinders out of the big 3 era.

For the Mavs, I'm sure we will start to see trade rumors ramp up, injuries creep in for the older vets, and some hiccups from young players. Surely won't be a quiet next few weeks...big game tonight for #8 seed. Denver can pull 8.5 away which should signal something in the FO.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #162
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Yea, while I'm sure Boston would love Trae Young, they would love to have one of the premier big men in this draft instead. Ayton or Bamba on that team is scary to think. Congrats to the Celtics for hitting on all cylinders out of the big 3 era.
Boston only gets that pick if the Lakers end up somewhere in the 2-5 range... Which looks likely, but it's not a sure thing (they're #6 right now).

Interesting that the Mavs will play a big part in whether or not the Celtics land a top-tier player in this draft.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-16-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #163
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the Mavs, I'm sure we will start to see trade rumors ramp up, injuries creep in for the older vets, and some hiccups from young players. Surely won't be a quiet next few weeks...big game tonight for #8 seed. Denver can pull 8.5 away which should signal something in the FO.
Clippers rolling with 8-2 over the last ten games and now we are having nine teams above 0.500 in the west. So Mavs need a great run over the rest of the seasons and TWO west teams to implode.

Not going to happen...pretty sure really really soon they are giving up on the playoff hunt...

Grizzlies are 5-5, thats nice too

Last edited by sefant77; 01-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #164
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Clippers rolling with 8-2 over the last ten games and now we are having nine teams above 0.500 in the west. So Mavs need a great run over the rest of the seasons and TWO west teams to implode.

Not going to happen...pretty sure really really soon they are giving up on the playoff hunt...

Grizzlies are 5-5, thats nice too
But can RC be trusted to successfully execute the "give up"? JJB being out should help. But it means giving vets games off for "minor injuries" and rest.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if this actually happens. Its going to have to come from Cuban and everyone will have to buy in, to some extent. meaning Harrison Barnes gets some minutes cut and an occasional rest day. Or most of the starting lineup sitting on a back to back. Shoot, if Pop can do it with a team that isnt even tanking(!)why the hell cant we?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Which Prospects Best Fit The Mavericks
http://dallassportsfanatic.com/prosp...fit-mavericks/

Quote:
For purposes of this discussion, we’ll consider two prospects to be out of reach. Arizona’s DeAndre Ayton and Duke’s Marvin Bagley III seem to be two very likely top-three picks. Ayton is currently going first at NBADraft.net, and Bagley has a shot at some national player of the year awards. If Dallas lands a top-two pick (which is a long shot), it should take one of these two dominant, extraordinary big men. However, the following are some of the prospects who are more likely to be available to the Mavericks, and who look like good fits.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #166
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly the more I watch Doncic the more I think he's a no brainer pick after top 2. Everything about him looks like a perfect fit for this team.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #167
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Jaren Jackson is growing on me. While I'll agree he isn't on the same tier as Ayton or Bagley, a big that can spread the floor while commanding a presence in the middle on defense, that's pretty intriguing. Bonus, he hits his free throws, too.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #168
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Honestly the more I watch Doncic the more I think he's a no brainer pick after top 2. Everything about him looks like a perfect fit for this team.
I like Doncic a lot, but I'd still take Porter over him... Maybe I'm still buying into the "next Durant" hype, but I just can't shake the notion that he could have the most upside in this draft.

My biggest problem with trying to project the Mavs top-10 is Young -- at what point does BPA edge out need? Still have Bamba over him, but #6 just seems too low for a player of his caliber. He likely won't be there when we pick, but what if he is?

Still don't think Sexton makes enough of an impact to overlook need -- doesn't make sense to try to pair him with DSJ... Also think Knox is way too similar to Barnes to crack my top-10... But I do finally have Mikal over Miles.

DeAndre Ayton
Marvin Bagley II
Michael Porter Jr
Luka Doncic
Mohamed Bamba
(Trae Young?)
Jaren Jackson Jr
Mikal Bridges
Wendell Carter
Miles Bridges

Last edited by Underdog; 01-16-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #169
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I like Doncic a lot, but I'd still take Porter over him... Maybe I'm still buying into the "next Durant" hype, but I just can't shake the notion that he could have the most upside in this draft.

My biggest problem with trying to project the Mavs top-10 is Young -- at what point does BPA edge out need? Still have Bamba over him, but #6 just seems too low for a player of his caliber. He likely won't be there when we pick, but what if he is?

Still don't think Sexton makes enough of an impact to overlook need -- doesn't make sense to try to pair him with DSJ... Also think Knox is way to similar to Barnes to crack my top-10... But I do finally have Mikal over Miles.

DeAndre Ayton
Marvin Bagley II
Michael Porter Jr
Luka Doncic
Mohamed Bamba
(Trae Young?)
Jaren Jackson Jr
Mikal Bridges
Wendell Carter
Miles Bridges
I can see the argument for Porter and Young starting at 3 really regardless of need. I personally have Doncic firmly at 3 but if we have a top 6 pick I'm ecstatic with all of those guys regardless of order. If we land 7+ then the only thing I'll be happy about is I won't need to make my bed anymore, seeing as how I'll never leave it.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #170
Underdog

@MavsDraft: Games like this show how much of a need rebounding is for the Mavs. If Mavs pick beyond 6, which would essentially eliminate Bamba, Wendell Carter JR would be a good fit. He's a monster rebounder, averaging 9 RPG in 25 minutes, which is good for 14.5 per 40 minutes.

@MavsDraft: He's also got the shot and quick post work and NBA strength. Clearly great in limited minutes, which is a must for Rick.

Compare his rebound/minute rate to Jaren Jackson JR- 6.2 RPG in 23 MPG, 11 per 40 minutes. Both project to have a somewhat reliable J at the least

Old 01-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #171
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I'm not exactly buying into the notion of deciding our pick by rebounding numbers. We are a flawed team this year due to Dirk who may be having a stellar year in offensive efficiency but his rebounding is definitely taking a hard dip. As our starting center and averaging 25mpg, he's only grabbing 5.5reb. Pretty much any playoff team has a center that should get you double digit rebounds if not doing anything on offense. Pair this with last night's game against Jokic who was just man-handling everyone out there and it just made our rebound situation look worse. I honestly didn't realize Jokic was such a big dude. He made both Dirk and Salah look small.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #172
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'm not exactly buying into the notion of deciding our pick by rebounding numbers. We are a flawed team this year due to Dirk who may be having a stellar year in offensive efficiency but his rebounding is definitely taking a hard dip. As our starting center and averaging 25mpg, he's only grabbing 5.5reb. Pretty much any playoff team has a center that should get you double digit rebounds if not doing anything on offense. Pair this with last night's game against Jokic who was just man-handling everyone out there and it just made our rebound situation look worse. I honestly didn't realize Jokic was such a big dude. He made both Dirk and Salah look small.
Your first sentence is pretty much contradicted by the rest of your post... You actually did a pretty good job of highlighting why we need improved rebounding.

Fortunately, it's not going to be much of a concern with most of the players we're looking at, especially since we're not chasing PGs... Even the smaller guys are decent rebounders:

Ayton 11.3
Bagley 11.7
Porter 14.3 (high school)
Doncic 5.7
Bamba 10.4
Jackson 6.2
Mikal 6.1
Carter 9.1
Miles 7.4
Williams 9.5

Last edited by Underdog; 01-17-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #173
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

In Euroball, thats a pretty impressive number for Doncic
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #174
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
In Euroball, thats a pretty impressive number for Doncic
Absolutely, Doncic is a solid rebounder for a guard. Really, the only name that concerns me when it comes to their size-to-rebounding ratio is Jaren Jackson Jr... No reason a 6-11, 243 lbs PF should be grabbing the same amount of boards as a 6-7, 209 lbs wing like Mikal Bridges (who, to be fair, is a solid rebounder for his position).

Last edited by Underdog; 01-17-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #175
Underdog

Hawks and Grizz win in the same night? Witchcraft!

Old 01-17-2018, 10:43 PM   #176
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hawks and Grizz win in the same night? Witchcraft!

And back to 5.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #177
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Grizz is the big one. No way we wind up worse than Hawks. Any word on a Conley return? I’m afraid they are already tanking. Sat Gasol tonite with mystery ailment

Last edited by mac222b; 01-17-2018 at 11:28 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #178
saclare
Platinum Member

Erica, I see us at 4 now with the extra loss in the standings over the Lakers. Even better.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #179
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Erica, I see us at 4 now with the extra loss in the standings over the Lakers. Even better.
Awesome.

Now trade Matthews and Noel for albatrosses and assets. Sit Barea and Harris for injuries. Let Collinsworth and Motley get more minutes.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-18-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #180
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Awesome.

Now trade Matthews and Noel for albatrosses and assets. Sit Barea and Harris for injuries. Let Collinsworth and Motley get more minutes.
I like it. Except I'd trade one of Barea/Harris for anything we could get so injuries wouldn't have to rule the playing time.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #181
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Your first sentence is pretty much contradicted by the rest of your post... You actually did a pretty good job of highlighting why we need improved rebounding.
Yeah, I did horrible job of transferring my thoughts into the post. My point that I was failing to make is that anyone we get of normal starter caliber at the 4 and 5 going forward in our post-Dirk era will have much better rebounding numbers. We are horrible now mainly because we love Dirk and want him to play as much as he wants. I'm much more concerned about having another franchise star player alongside Jr and HB to offload the offensive pressure.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #182
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We should keep in mind that two of the top three best players taken in the 2017 draft were picked 9 and 12 while the number 1 pick is shooting airballs in practice. I know this draft looks front loaded with talent, but remember that Mitchell didn't make a big rise until very close to the draft.

I'm not being in denial as I want Ayton as much as anyone, but I think there is actually a good amount of talent til about 9 or 10. A few months ago we were screaming top 5 or bust, but a few players have risen and more should as well.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #183
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We should keep in mind that two of the top three best players taken in the 2017 draft were picked 9 and 12 while the number 1 pick is shooting airballs in practice. I know this draft looks front loaded with talent, but remember that Mitchell didn't make a big rise until very close to the draft.

I'm not being in denial as I want Ayton as much as anyone, but I think there is actually a good amount of talent til about 9 or 10. A few months ago we were screaming top 5 or bust, but a few players have risen and more should as well.
That's why I like to always bring up historical stats. People think that a first overall pick is a guaranteed gem, but for every LeBron, Kareem, Admiral, Magic, Walton, Robertson, and Hakeem, there is a Kwame Brown, Joe Smith, Michael Olowokandi, Greg Oden, or Anthony Bennett.

of the :

1st pick - 70% became stars
2nd pick - 60% became stars
3rd pick - 85% became stars (strangely)
4th pick - 60% became stars
5th pick - 60%
6th pick - 25%
7th pick - 30%
8th pick - 35%
9th pick - 30%
10th pick - 35%

(stardom for this is determined by basically a rating (similar to PER) of 20.)
http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Obviously you can't look at that and say you have a 70% chance of drafting a star if you draft 1st overall, but it does show two things

1) You aren't guaranteed a star with any draft pick
2) There are some solid stars sprinkled throughout all 60 picks (and a highish chance for all of the first ten picks)

Also, somehow we've had more stars drafted at 3rd than 1st. Weird.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-18-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #184
Underdog

Quote:
Dennis was a known stud who slipped to us because of his past injury, but Mitchell was a guy who nobody saw coming... Do you trust the Mavs FO to be the ones to see what nobody else is seeing? I'd rather get a nice, safe Jayson Tatum than try to land the next Donovan Mitchell.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-18-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #185
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Dennis was a known stud who slipped to us because of his past injury, but Mitchell was a guy who nobody saw coming... Do you trust the Mavs FO to be the ones to see what nobody else is seeing? I'd rather get a nice, safe Jayson Tatum than try to land the next Donovan Mitchell.
Don't care if we go for a sure thing (and have that available), a star with medical concerns, or a diamond in the rough as long as they're good.

This draft will be a real test of our medical staff, our scouting, and our front-office (and Cuban's interference).

I think we'll probably end up drafting 5-7 and again 35-37 in a strong draft. There's talent to be had, but it's going to be a big test of their abilities.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-18-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #186
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed, but Donnie did want Giannis, so I don't think it's out of this world. I think picking in the mid to late teens is where you don't want to be, so I'm not overly concerned as long as it's a top 10.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #187
Underdog

We've had a good couple of days since our last game -- both Memphis and Atlanta have won their last two...

Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #188
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw Mitchell coming and mocked him to the Mavs with DSJ to the Knicks on this board (IIRC) /humblebrag
Old 01-18-2018, 11:34 PM   #189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Can we get a seat for you in the war room this draft?
Old 01-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #190
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I saw Mitchell coming and mocked him to the Mavs with DSJ to the Knicks on this board (IIRC) /humblebrag
I did not... MARK CUBAN HIRE THIS MAN!

I actually mocked Frank or Malik coming to Dallas, but DSJ was always my #1 since the beginning of last season.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-18-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #191
saclare
Platinum Member

Yea I don't think anyone saw DSJ dropping to us. There was always the chance, but it was slight.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #192
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Yea I don't think anyone saw DSJ dropping to us. There was always the chance, but it was slight.
I am slightly embarrassed to say, but I've found at least three posts where I posted, "sure Smith would be nice, but you better dream on, he'll be gone by number 5"
Old 01-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #193
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Well what killed his value were the repots of his "lack of character" and yet I couldn't find any legit sources that verified that. It was so weird and totally untrue.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #194
Underdog

Quote:
Well what killed his value were the repots of his "lack of character" and yet I couldn't find any legit sources that verified that. It was so weird and totally untrue.
Mark Cuban cackles from the shadows... Total Jerry move.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #195
Underdog

Grizz, Suns, and Lakers won last night... The past week has been pretty good to us, despite not playing many games. Memphis is on a 3-game streak.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-20-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #196
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Can’t win a game
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #197
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I see DeAndre Ayton the more I’m convinced him and DSJ could be the best point/center combo in the league. We’d have to lose out to get him. He is simply a man among children in the NCAA, and I think the concerns about drive are overstated.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #198
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Trae has 48pts, 8ast, 5reb in a loss
Old 01-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #199
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Trae has 48pts, 8ast, 5reb in a loss
If you score 48 on 40 shots you're part of the problem IMO.

Hate to take away from what he's doing at the collegiate level, but I don't think he has the size or speed to succeed at the next level. Steph Curry is significantly longer & bigger than Trae. I think Trae is more like Jimmer Fredette with handles.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #200
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If you score 48 on 40 shots you're part of the problem IMO.
I'm fine with it as long as he has Orlando talking about drafting him...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-20-2018 at 10:16 PM.