Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #2841
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

It was awesome readings y'all's comments here. Just a few thoughts:

1. I'm hyped about Luka Doncic! I believe he has a chance to be James Harden 2.0

2. Wish we drafted Mitchell Robinson over Brunson but I heard Robinson has very bad character.

3. I wish we kept Milton but Giannis' younger brother is definitely intriguing.

4. Lastky, I think the Mavs are all in on DeMarcus Cousins. It just feels like we're a match made in heaven. We have every other position filled other than the center position.

PG - DSJ/Barea/Brunson
SG - Matthews/Curry
SF - Doncic/McDermott
PF - Barnes/Powell
C - Cousins/Dirk/Motley
Zaman314125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 12:45 AM   #2842
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post

1. I'm hyped about Luka Doncic! I believe he has a chance to be James Harden 2.0

2. Wish we drafted Mitchell Robinson over Brunson but I heard Robinson has very bad character.

4. Lastky, I think the Mavs are all in on DeMarcus Cousins. It just feels like we're a match made in heaven. We have every other position filled other than the center position.

PG - DSJ/Barea/Brunson
SG - Matthews/Curry
SF - Doncic/McDermott
PF - Barnes/Powell
C - Cousins/Dirk/Motley
Man, I hope we go with a defensive rim running center. Only one ball and DSJ, Luka and Barnes all need touches. Not to mention JJb who loves to pound the rock.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:51 AM   #2843
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post

PG - DSJ/Barea/Brunson
SG - Matthews/Curry
SF - Doncic/McDermott
PF - Barnes/Powell
C - Cousins/Dirk/Motley
Luka does love the stepback 3 which is a great tool in today’s NBA. I said this in a post during the playoffs that it’s been interesting to see the perception of the step back 3 change from bad shot, to essential part of a players arsenal with today’s longer defenders and focus on 3s over 2 point shots. Especially if refs are willing to let guys get away with traveling backwards without calling it, ala Harden! It’s a distinct advantage to gain an open look and draw the defender in to draw fouls. Luka, like Harden, can bridge the gap in lack of athleticism with ball handling, guile, passing skill, etc to create space

Last edited by mac222b; 06-22-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 AM   #2844
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Doncic is nothing like Harden. Maybe the worst comparion ive seen lmao.

If you want to compare him look for Young Ginobili or Gordon Hayward with better passing and worse hops.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:17 AM   #2845
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post

If you want to compare him look for Young Ginobili or Gordon Hayward with better passing and worse hops.
Wouldn’t say it’s the worst comparison. I think he is a less nimble Ginobli. But Ginobli is an all-time great finisher, which is where Luka struggles.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-22-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #2846
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hedo + Ginobli
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 AM   #2847
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

This is Magnum,

And, I'm just here to say nothing matters anymore because we got Luka Mother Effin Doncic!!!

This is a fan-freaking-tastic day to be a Mavs fan!!!!!!!!!!

Jalen Brunson was a HOME RUN at 33 too!!
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:43 AM   #2848
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Cant believe ppl talking about a failed draft cause of the 2nd Round. 2nd Round Player likely wont be the difference with the exception of a few or with Players drafted by the Spurs there.

Brunson is a great Talent and its not like that Backup PG Spot is filled with great Talent.

Yogi is serviceable but RFA
Curry is UFA and will Play the 2 anyway most likely.
JJB is old and shouldnt be playing heavy minutes anymore

If the Mavs have a Plan in the Pocket for the Center Position its fine.

Giannis Brother is a Marketing Gag just like Satnam Singh. Hes cant sniff his Brothers Talent but Mavs stay relevant in Europe now and have a Market for Jersey Sales.

In my hometown a couple of years a guy named Garlon Green was playing there. A Highflyer and the Brother of Longtime NBA Player Gerald Green.

They also had Nick Wiggins who is the Brother of Andrew Wiggins.

All Brothers but worlds in Terms of Talent.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'

Last edited by GermanStandard; 06-22-2018 at 01:44 AM.
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:55 AM   #2849
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Mario Hezonja's name was mentioned a lot on here back in February while Gordon & Vucevic were out & he was putting up #s... I know we have Dougey McBuckets, but with a facilitator like Doncic, I don't think you can have too many shooters on the floor with him. Hezonja likely won't be that expensive either. Plus, I don't think it could hurt to pair Doncic with another quality Euro teammate. Granted, Dirk. But, Dirk is more like legend status to Luka (see his tweet). I'm talking about someone closer to Luka's age that could be on the roster as a contributor for the next several years.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #2850
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I like how Doncic is the national headline right now. Nobody cares about the first two picks
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #2851
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

A little more thought on the shitty protection of the future first pick in the Doncic deal. Mavs will really push in FA and try to get one of the premier bigs on the FA market. They must be confident that they'll have a shot at someone and that we'll compete for the playoffs next year. If all pans out then we might just have gotten Doncic at the cost of a non-lottery pick.

I get some people would have liked to stay in the lottery for another year, but it's apparently not what the FO wants right now.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 AM   #2852
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He certainly seems similar to Harden to me. Ginobili comparison is because hes white and herkyjerky and 6'8. Hayward comp is hes white, aside from that nothing resembles Doncic. I see more of Harden in his play than the others combined

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 AM   #2853
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Giannis brother is here for the chance that Giannis gets frustrated and pissed withhin the next 2-3 years

Last edited by sefant77; 06-22-2018 at 06:45 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #2854
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Doncic's step back threes look very similar to Harden.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:03 AM   #2855
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

anyone got a link or a list of good players not drafted this year.?
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:16 AM   #2856
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
@MavsDraft: Top guys on my board that went undrafted:

Alkins (29)
Brandon McCoy (37)
Gary Clark (45)
Ajdin Penava (48)
Wenyen Gabriel (53)
DJ Hogg (55)
Billy Preston (56)
Goga Bitadze (57)
Brian Bowen (58)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-22-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:24 AM   #2857
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Man, get Alkins. That would be draft success right there.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #2858
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ Hogg is from Plano. Maybe he wants to stay close to home?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #2859
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Cant believe ppl talking about a failed draft cause of the 2nd Round. 2nd Round Player likely wont be the difference with the exception of a few or with Players drafted by the Spurs there.

Brunson is a great Talent and its not like that Backup PG Spot is filled with great Talent.

Yogi is serviceable but RFA
Curry is UFA and will Play the 2 anyway most likely.
JJB is old and shouldnt be playing heavy minutes anymore

If the Mavs have a Plan in the Pocket for the Center Position its fine.

Giannis Brother is a Marketing Gag just like Satnam Singh. Hes cant sniff his Brothers Talent but Mavs stay relevant in Europe now and have a Market for Jersey Sales.

In my hometown a couple of years a guy named Garlon Green was playing there. A Highflyer and the Brother of Longtime NBA Player Gerald Green.

They also had Nick Wiggins who is the Brother of Andrew Wiggins.

All Brothers but worlds in Terms of Talent.
I don't see anybody talking about a failed draft. I did mention that for me the draft was anti-climactic, and I was really wanting something other than a guard at 33 due to other holes on the Mav roster. I also mentioned that I thought the Mavs may look back in hindsight and wish they had picked somebody else at 33. Honestly, that can be said about every draft. We won't really know for another couple of years.

I never watch much of the draft, much less the entire 5 or so hour production, and I think watching Phoenix scoop up 2 early 1st round talents had me hoping for more from the Mavs, but the Mavs didn't have the 1st overall selection, so that expectation wasn't necessarily fair, and we really don't know right now what other moves they attempted that just didn't work out.

Did I hope for more/too much? Probably. However, I think the Mavs did a solid job, and am excited to see what happens in free agency. I don't imagine we will be tanking this upcoming season, so it'll be nice to root for them to do well again, and I just hope that Rick let's the young guys play a lot, make their mistakes, and develop.

Last edited by satrekker; 06-22-2018 at 08:56 AM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #2860
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm confused. Yogi is a RFA. JJ is on the last year of his deal and is up there in age. Seth is a UFA. And according to Bobby K we had a first round grade on Brunson. Sounds like a good pick to me.
I'm coming around on him. I think the fact that the Mavs picked another point guard with that pick just shocked the hell out of me, and I'm not the only one judging from the jokes made after the pick about more PG's.

Right now, I'm looking forward to free agency, and the Mavs are rarely dull during that time of the year. I'm excited to see what is eventually put together.

Last edited by satrekker; 06-22-2018 at 08:53 AM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #2861
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
I'm coming around on him. I think the fact that the Mavs picked another point guard with that pick just shocked the hell out of me, and I'm not the only one judging from the jokes made after the pick about more PG's.

Right now, I'm looking forward to free agency, and the Mavs are rarely dull during that time of the year. I'm excited to see what is eventually put together.
Hopefully not a few swing and misses

Old 06-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #2862
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

OK. We got Doncic. I really like his game. The fluidity with which he plays is so smooth that some think he is an unathletic sloth. The guy just simply knows what to do with the ball and where his teammates are at all times. I think he fits so well with this roster. DSJ and Doncic will be 29 and 30 years old...IN TEN YEARS.

Brunson is a bulldog. This is essentially a replacement for JJB and Yogi, and an upgrade to both, IMO. JJB has been terrific for us, but he is old and headed towards retirement. Yogi is gone, never was going to be much more than he was for us. All Brunson has done is win at Nova and he's a terrific shooter and so smart with the ball. He will be a good one. Sure, there were other names on the board that we could have taken, but I like it. Apparently they graded him as a 1st rounder, too. Trust the FO has done their due diligence and went BPA here.

Love getting two more picks and using them on baby Greek freak as a stash (he'll likely be G league for a year or two, at least) and Ray Spalding. I admit, did not know much about Spalding. But looking at some highlights, he appears to be super athletic and a good defender. He should add to that Motley type of PF and compete.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #2863
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
JJ had one of his best seasons statistically last season. I don't think he's nearing retirement. He's only like 33. I really thocan't got Yogi was JJ's long term replacement, but appears we are ready to move on. Maybe we didn't want to it what he will command on the open market?
JJB's best quality has been his quickness. He's only going to get slower and more of a liability on defense. Brunson has the chops to take over for him. I may be a little ahead on the retirement talk, though, you're right.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #2864
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I wonder what Dsj thinks about the Brunson pick
Thinking more on it, he is good insurance in case DSJ gets injured.

I also think Brunson and Spalding are insurance picks in case we move or let go of some other guys.

I like the Spalding pick a lot actually after doing some research on him.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #2865
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I wonder what Dsj thinks about the Brunson pick

Eh, the situation won't be much different from last year. Brunson will take Yogi's minutes. Hopefully both will push the other and make substantial gains.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #2866
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Kostas, pick up your phone!

Also calling dibs on his nickname: Coast to Kostas

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-22-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #2867
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

That name is not bad but perhaps it needs work. It's too long. What about
young greezy or Kont

Seriously tho Kostas has its own ring. Maybe you stick to bad lineup suggestions and I'll nickname our guys. : D

Old 06-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #2868
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Old 06-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #2869
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

About Robert Williams...
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/sta...76849492799488
Quote:
The Celtics were scheduled to have an 11 am conference call with first-round pick Robert Williams but have not been able to get in contact with him and have postponed the call.
Hard to imagine why he slipped.

His explanation
Quote:
Robert Williams explaining missed call: “Right after the draft, I actually ran to my aunt’s house and went to sleep because I was so tired from everything … My sister woke me up, she said, ‘You have a conference call.” Added it was, “a good night’s sleep after a busy 2 days."

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-22-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #2870
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Partying with Dalembert?
Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #2871
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Top of my list would of been Kendall Stephens the red-shirt Senior from Nevada. Kid can flat out fill up from behind the arch. Lights out shooter who does precious little else on the floor. Reminds me a bit of a James Jones type, 6-7 (more of a Tayshaun Prince style body) & oddly enough not quite as physical as James Jones, even though Jones was not known as a physical type at all. Basically, Stephens is just a shooter, a one trick pony... but that one trick is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, he's joining the Magic's summer league team.

Brandon McCoy the 7 foot freshman center out of UNLV would of been fine for a summer league tryout. Disappointed the Mavs didn't get with him. The Bucks signed him, so we'll get a firsthand look at him nonetheless when the Mavs open their summer league season vs the Bucks.

If you remember the Elite 8, I believe it was, with Kansas & Duke, then you remember taking a shining to Malik Newman from Kansas. 6-3 SG with the ability to create his own shot. Unfortunately the Lakers snagged him to their summer league team.

Speaking of Jayhawks, I'd like to see the Mavs give Billy Preston an audition. A 6-10 athletic forward, McDonald's All-American in 2017, who committed to Kansas, but left under NCAA controversy over a car. He played a few games overseas before having an injury & coming back stateside. Immense, raw talent.

Keenan Evans would of been another but he signed with the Warriors summer league team.

I wouldn't of minded a looksey at Allonzo Trier, but the Knicks snatched him up. I'm fine with passing on him.

I like the Rockets picking up Trevon Duvall for their summer league team. If Duvall had any J at all, he'd of been a first round pick. I still might favor his long-term NBA prospects over Grayson Allen.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #2872
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Really wish Mavs had went after Brandon McCoy. I’m biased since he played at UNLV but knowing he came from having no parents growing up to his coach adopting him and working his game up to this point, I don’t blame him for coming out of college. Hopefully he’s successful wherever he goes.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-23-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:23 PM   #2873
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Really wish Mavs had went after Brandon McCoy. I’m biased since he played at UNLV but knowing he came from having no parents growing up to his coach adopting him and working his game up to this point, I don’t blame him for coming out of college. Hopefully he’s successful wherever he goes.
Yeah, given the hole we have in the middle, I would of liked a look this summer. Definitely one of the top 2 or 3 undrafted bigs in this class.

Speaking of which, who did the Mavs sign to their summer league team? I did a Google search but only came up with results saying Doncic would sit summer league out.

I figure Motley, Jalen Jones, Jameel Warney, and Kyle Collinsworth are on the squad. Who else? (besides Brunson, Spalding & Kostas)
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #2874
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

So now Doncic and DSJ not playing in summer league. That sucks.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #2875
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Why not Dsj?

Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #2876
3_Ball

Quote:
Forgot about DSJ, but he's only expected to be a partial participant.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:11 AM   #2877
mac222b
Diamond Member

Doncic needs some rest! I’d just as soon save DSJ too
Old 06-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #2878
3_Ball

Billy Preston just signed with the Cavs summer team... This is really strange. I checked Dwain Price's Twitter & no mention of any Mavs summer league signings. To my knowledge they've signed no one & meanwhile, anyone you would want to sign & take a look at has been snatched up.

Perplexing.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #2879
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Fun fact: He trained in Dallas instead of going to college.

I would have taken either him or Gary Trent over Brunson, but I guess we'll see.

Me too. I really wanted Gary Trent Jr... can't hit on everyone but I hope the Mavs got it right.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #2880
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@KirkSeriousFace: I get why the mavs went Brunson but hooooo boy
Junior high court.

That said.. I still dont know why the took Brunson there.