Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-20-2002, 09:13 PM   #161
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Chevelle Rocks....although he seems like he is trying to sound like Maynard, he doesn't go overboard with it. Because we all know, no one can top Maynard
Old 10-08-2002, 10:13 PM   #162
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oasis, Oasis and more Oasis..got 6 albums in my CD player right now, getting
ready to see them on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 10:42 PM   #163
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

<< Oasis, Oasis and more Oasis..got 6 albums in my CD player right now, getting
ready to see them on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday &amp; Sunday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

Repeat after me: I will not be a psycho, I will not be a psycho, I will hook up with ocelot, I will not be a psycho, I will not be a psycho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 10:49 PM   #164
veruca salt
Platinum Member

cheeky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-08-2002, 11:11 PM   #165
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Clipse
Ghostface Killah
N.E.R.D

For all of ya'll rock fans, N.E.R.D is a good album made by the Neptunes.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:19 PM   #166
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

<< For all of ya'll rock fans, N.E.R.D is a good album made by the Neptunes. >>

Ummm... N.E.R.D. is NOT rock in my opinion.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:22 PM   #167
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Well, I don't listen to rock like that. I bought it, b/c i thought it was going to be a rap cd. I like Pharell
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:25 PM   #168
veruca salt
Platinum Member

It's not rock, but i do like Pharrell.
It does have rock elements though...i wouldn't call it rap.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-11-2002, 09:49 AM   #169
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The new Supergrass &quot;Life on other Planets&quot;. Pretty cool. I love it.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 11:42 AM   #170
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Shawn Colvin--&quot;Fat City&quot;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 05:33 PM   #171
veruca salt
Platinum Member

It's wonderful isn't it Fidel!
I love the cover too.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-11-2002, 10:12 PM   #172
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Veruca, I knew you were going to respond to this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
It´s one of those LP´s you can hear over and over again. And yeah the cover´s pretty cool. You have a favorite song?

Oh and..., I´m going to see them live again. In december. They are supporting act for the Foo Fighters. I don´t like the Foo Fighters at all, so I probably go see Supergrass and leave after that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-24-2002, 03:45 AM   #173
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Just bought the D4 - 6TWENTY &amp; the Datsuns self titled.
NZ rock is where it's at currently.
I'm so embarrased, they do everything better than us!

The D4 are the coolest live band I've ever seen (well other than the
blatantly obvious, who i just saw 7 times) and they're heading over to the US in Nov.
Though they're only playing NY &amp; LA.
They are however playing 4 gigs in Germany...i know there is lots of Germans on here looking
for a good night out!

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-24-2002, 05:37 AM   #174
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

One of my favorites from the old days, &quot;Poco&quot;, (they started in 1968,) has a new CD coming out. They have released stuff, off and on, from the '60s until now. Their new CD is called &quot;Running Horse&quot;. I've been hearing about it for quite some time. I hear it's at the manufacturer right now. Like a lot of the older groups on the fringe of things, they've had to go the release-it-on-your-own route. I'm excited, if no one else is. Their group derived from &quot;Buffalo Springfield&quot;. I've seen them live and they can still do it. They were, more or less, country-rock pioneers.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:23 PM   #175
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

gary moore - 1982 ballads &amp; blues 1994
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:34 PM   #176
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Hamasaki Ayumi - Hanabi

introduced to me by my 11 year-old daughter.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:45 PM   #177
Fidel
Diamond Member

The Libertines - Up the bracket (brand new band from the UK, I´m going to see them live on thursday)

The Hives - an old cd I actually don´t know the name of

Azad - Leben (german hip hop, pretty tight)

The Verve - mp3´s
Old 11-12-2002, 06:47 PM   #178
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Handel's Water Music / Music for the Royal Fireworks

La Grande &Eacute;cure et la Chambre du Roy
Cond: Jean-Grande Malgoire
Old 11-12-2002, 06:49 PM   #179
veruca salt
Platinum Member

yay! The Libertines!!
Nice one Fidel.

I know its short notice and i don't know if
any of these places are near you, but looking at your taste in music
i really think you should check out the D4. They're an amazing live band.
14th @ the Orangehouse, Munich, Germany 15th @ Substage, Karlsruhe, Germany 16th @ Logo, Hamburg, Germany 17th @ Silverwings, Berlin, Germany

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #180
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

The new Poco CD &quot;Running Horse&quot; WILL BE in my player as soon as it arrives. It can be ordered from here, Poco CD

It's country/rock. The group as been together off and on since 1968.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:39 PM   #181
Fidel
Diamond Member

Hey thanks Veruca [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Karlsruhe is a possibility. Only problem will be that we´re all going to see The Libertines on thursday, and I don´t know if I can convince my people to go to another concert on friday. We´ll see.

I´m really lookin forward to that Libertines concert on thursday. It´s in a small club in Frankfurt which will be just packed. Should be pretty funny.

Oh and the D4, where are they from?
Old 11-12-2002, 07:56 PM   #182
Fidel
Diamond Member

Just downloaded &quot;Rocknroll Motherfucker&quot; and &quot;Exit to the City&quot; from The D4 and I liked it alot Veruca [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I´m searching for more...and I think I´ll be in Karlsruhe on friday (oh wait, maybe I´m in Paris on friday, I totally forgot about that, just remembered as I was typing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. And if not Paris I should be in Darmstadt watching a basketball game, aaaah I gonna have to figure that out, but I really like that band, great tip Veruca).
Old 11-12-2002, 08:54 PM   #183
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I though you might like them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
They're from New Zealand, I saw them 3 times
last month and they were just awesome.
If you like them, I aslo suggest you download some Datsuns, very similar
kind of thing, from NZ aswell.
I suggest In Love, Motherfucker From Hell &amp; Harmonic Generator.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-12-2002, 10:26 PM   #184
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Pat Green - Live at Billy Bob's Texas
Dub Miller - Post Country
Jason Boland and the Straggler - Live at Billy Bob's Texas

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:04 AM   #185
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Journey: Greatest Hits

Old 11-13-2002, 02:07 PM   #186
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

s t i l l ...
gary moore - 1982 ballads &amp; blues 1994

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 02:45 PM   #187
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Lifehouse
Eminem - 8mile
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:13 PM   #188
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

let's see...

chicago
stone temple pilots
george benson
dwight yoakam
janet jackson
puddle of mudd
earth, wind, and fire

a couple more i can't think of right now.

Old 11-15-2002, 02:09 PM   #189
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #190
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Classic Dooby!
Old 11-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #191
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

La Vida Mickey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:39 PM   #192
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Jay-Z's new album the gift and the curse
Chrytsal Method
Chemical Brothers
The Doors
and Led Zep
Old 11-18-2002, 04:04 PM   #193
Novice#41
Golden Member

right now ?

herbert gr&ouml;nemeyer &quot; mensch &quot;...

a great german singer...

but don't even try to understand him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

it's hard enough for a german to do so...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2002, 07:37 AM   #194
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Joan Sutherland in La Traviata
Old 11-20-2002, 05:01 PM   #195
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

audioslave
Old 11-20-2002, 05:33 PM   #196
veruca salt
Platinum Member

hey Fidel, i scored a copy of The Libertines last Thursday.
It's awesome. I only had What A Waster before that, which I thought was
good, but the album is fantastic.
I'm blown away by how much it sounds like the Jam!
How were they live?

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-27-2002, 04:56 PM   #197
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

The White Stripes-White Blood Cells.
Way Cool
Old 12-01-2002, 04:54 PM   #198
veruca salt
Platinum Member

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs new 5 track EP.
So annoyed, they're playing here in like 2 days &amp; I really
want to see them, but because they're playing with the John Spencer Blues
Explosion (who i've already seen 3 times) the tickets are quite pricey.
Plus I'm going to see Sleater Kinney (and hopefully the D4) next week too.
It's all too hard.

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-01-2002, 05:04 PM   #199
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Jimmy Buffet, Christmas Island
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:25 PM   #200
Fidel
Diamond Member

Thought I´d bump this classic.

I´m listening to the Pulp LP´s &quot;Different Class&quot; and &quot;This is hardcore&quot; right now. I really like Jarvis and the boys. Too bad they´ll probably split. I forgot to add Queens of the Stoneage &quot;Songs for the deaf&quot;.

On another note I´m going to be at the Supergrass concert in K&ouml;ln sometime in march. It´s a good six weeks away and I´m allready excited [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Oh Veruca, sorry I didn´t see your post back in december [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. The Libertines were GREAT. Really. The small club was totally packed and people just went nuts. The album is a classic isn´t it?

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here