Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default D-wade=No.1 pick ?

Would Bulls trade No.1 pick for Wade?

Dwyane Wade says he keeps hearing his name mentioned in trade rumors involving the Bulls and Miami Heat. Would the Bulls give up the No. 1 draft position to the Heat in exchange for Wade and the No. 2 overall selection? Or some combination of other players and picks?

"I have heard my name being talked about, and I can't worry about it," Wade said Monday at the Attack Athletics training facility on the West Side. "There is one thing in this league that you have no control over. If another organization wants you, then you should feel good to be wanted."

Wade grew up idolizing Michael Jordan while starring at Richards High School and then Marquette.

"I have a lot of history with the Bulls," Wade said. "And for them to come out with the first pick like that (with a 1.7 percent lottery chance) ... it was fitting that they would do something like that. Nobody thought that would happen. To be in that position and sit back and listen to anything and go back to a team and say: 'How about this? and 'How about that?' ... If [the Bulls] don't make any big moves like that, they're still going to have a great player."

Memphis guard Derrick Rose and Kansas State forward Michael Beasley are expected to go 1-2 in the draft.

Source: Chicago Tribune
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd pay Wade to move up from two to one, then you're not even capable of asking whether you are brain dead...you are already brain dead.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I was thinking more of D-Wade for #1, while keeping #2. The Heat completely start over, and the Bulls get their franchise player.

Won't happen though, in my opinion.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

If Wade plus the #2 overall go for the #1 overall then sit your ass down, kick your feet up, grab some popcorn and get ready for CONSPIRACY THEORY ACTION: THE FOURTH EPISODE...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

it would be wade/2 for some chicago players/1
Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd be jealous of Miami's future (with the #1 and #2)... especially since this coming season will be a time for their picks to adapt to the NBA and will likely end up with another decent pick the following year.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

From Shaq's little B, to T-Mobile/Barkley's little B, to whoever's little B he will be next.

I hate Wade.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think the deal being rumored is:

Wade + #2 (Beasley) to Chicago
Gordon + filler + #1 (Rose) to Miami

Miami would have to be Memphis'esque to pull off something this stupid.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
From Shaq's little B, to T-Mobile/Barkley's little B, to whoever's little B he will be next.

I hate Wade.
I love you.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I am like DDH.

If Miami trades Wade, they should want to keep the #2, and get Beasley and Rose to start all over.

If not, then the trade really doesn't make sense.

To Chicago, they get Diva Wade-- who might put them over the top all by himself, if he would always get the calls he got in the finals against Dallas. Also, Chicago would have no worries about a bust happening.

It might be a good deal for both teams.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I am like DDH.

If Miami trades Wade, they should want to keep the #2, and get Beasley and Rose to start all over.

If not, then the trade really doesn't make sense.

To Chicago, they get Diva Wade-- who might put them over the top all by himself, if he would always get the calls he got in the finals against Dallas. Also, Chicago would have no worries about a bust happening.

It might be a good deal for both teams.
I agree, there is no way it would be Wade AND the #2...Wade alone is a proven top tier player...more than enough to justify a prospect.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 06-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I don't see either prospect worth giving up Dwayne Wade. There isn't a huge gap in talent between the number one pick and the number two pick. You are out from under Oneals atrocious contract. Wade, Marion and Beasley is enough to make noise out east.

The Bulls would love to trade for Wade, but there is no way its happening.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote