Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, but other than that 3-pointer in OKC, he hasn't done anything IN-GAME to prove he can spread the floor (and the Spurs certainly weren't biting...)

Looking at the shot chart, I don't see how Ajinca did anything that Mahinmi couldn't do, and Ian brings a whole lot more to the game than just "spreading the floor" - I think Carlisle played the wrong non-Haywood last night (live and learn, but learn...)
I took the shot-chart out just to avoid seeing the damning evidence

The in-game scenario hasn't look good this year but previous seasons in Charlotte indicate he has SOME capable range for a guy his size in the 16-23 foot range. I'm sure they build a generic scouting report title like "shooter" off a history of results.

One way they could have looked at it is Mahinmi has been in the Spurs camp for a couple of years, they've scouted him closely. They know what he can and can not do...if you throw something different, you might learn something new against a familiar opponent.

Carlisle has been a guy this year to admit fault in something when it's worth noting. He's called himself out on multiple occasions for faults the led to the team's defeat. It could be token fault or not but he hasn't had to say it. He admitted that Ajinca struggled defensively but that's just in part to not really getting time but said he made some good things happen and was aggressive.