Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Rick Carlisle COY Thread

It's been talked about in just about every GDT recently, but I figure this deserves its own separate thread.

It's easy to take Carlisle for granted because A: he's been with us for so long, and B: it's been a really long time since the Mavs were actually noteworthy. And it's easy to only see the negatives when you watch every game and you can't help but think that Boban would be better here, or JJB would be better there, or why did RC keep THJ in for so long, or why did he leave KP on the bench for so long etc...

I think everyone here has been frustrated with Carlisle at times this season. I know I have. But the Mavs have been playing so well for so long now, that it's high time all of us gave the man his due. Rick motherf*ckin' Carlisle is coaching the ever-loving sh*t outta the Dallas Mavericks.

Whatever doubts anyone might have had about RC still being an elite coach should have gone out the window these past few games without Luka. On paper, these Mavs had no business being competitive in any of these games, and yet they've won 2 of them, and been in position to win all four.

It's not just these games without Luka either. The supporting cast has been playing well for weeks now. RC has crafted a system that maximizes everyone's specific strengths. They're not the most talented supporting cast, but Carlisle has them performing as one of the best supporting casts in the league.

Unfortunately I don't think he well get much consideration for COY this year. People do just sort of forget about him because he's been around so long, and I think most people will just attribute the Mavs' unexpected success this year to Luka's transcendent greatness (which is understandable.) But us Mavs fans at least should recognize great coaching when we see it. Rick Carlisle is still the f*ckin' man.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote