Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-31-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get why some people are so hell bent on not drafting a big man in THE big man class of many, many years.

Right now, our starting pf and center is Dwight Powell and Dirk Nowitzki. And Powell is one of the team's best players which says a lot more about the team than it does Powell.

I want Bamba or Bagley, but honestly, Carter jr actually fits next to Powell really well if I'm being objective looking at the starting lineup. You absolutely have to consider fit along with best player available, but man, Carter fits right now. He is a guy that if the Mavs want him, then they could likely trade back.

I know we all want the next Durant/James, but we sooo need a big man as well.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just don't get why some people are so hell bent on not drafting a big man in THE big man class of many, many years.

Right now, our starting pf and center is Dwight Powell and Dirk Nowitzki. And Powell is one of the team's best players which says a lot more about the team than it does Powell.

I want Bamba or Bagley, but honestly, Carter jr actually fits next to Powell really well if I'm being objective looking at the starting lineup. You absolutely have to consider fit along with best player available, but man, Carter fits right now. He is a guy that if the Mavs want him, then they could likely trade back.

Not that I disagree with you, I'm just curious what you think of Motley...where do you see him in a perfect world where he has realized his potential?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Unless Durant or Curry shot 25 free throws by themselves in a game followed by another 21 I'm not going to compare the refs now to 06. And Harden got one of those calls iirc in game 7 which gave him a 4 point play. They lost because they missed a record amount of 3's. They will continue to lose as long as their best player is more focused on cheap fouls rather than actually hitting big shots. He shot 16% from 3 the final 3 games, and still jacked up 12 of them in game 7. He's a guy who can at will get to the paint and it was a win or go home game. Yet his go to move was still to try and draw a cheap call for a bailout 3 points. That's weak. Refs will give the benefit of most calls to Harden but when he's shooting like ass and is clearly wanting a bailout you can't seriously say he should have gotten both those calls. I'll give one of them but the cheap one where he barely hit backboard clearly having no interest in seizing the moment... hell no. Extremely weak. They will never beat golden state with a weak pos as their best player.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not that I disagree with you, I'm just curious what you think of Motley...where do you see him in a perfect world where he has realized his potential?
I think Motley is an excellent change of pace backup center. I haven't seen enough of him to know if he is starter material, but the guy always seems to produce. He isn't the rim protecting/shot blocker I think the team needs, but he seems to do everything else pretty well. Has a nice mid range shot that is almost all but dead in today's game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We need the next Dirk far more than we need the next Chandler -- a guy with franchise player potential should be priority #1... But I'm okay with drafting someone like Bamba if all those guys are taken.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote