Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2001, 11:07 AM   #41
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm getting to that point too Crippler.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2001, 11:14 AM   #42
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

like i said, i'll stop arguing about it...just as long as no one wants to argue with me.
it is old...very tiring, i'm tired of arguing my points.... and i don't see what the big deal is. all i'm saying is that he's a good all around 2-guard but shooting hasn't been his strong point this year. Just agree with me because what i'm saying is validated by his statistics this year. i don't want to argue with anyone about this..i would much rather argue about something else. so just either, agree with me that "yes, statistically speaking, he's not shooting that well this year" or, don't reply anything at all
thanks, bye
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #43
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

There would be huge fan backlash if Fin was traded. There is little loyalty in the NBA, but we owe Finley some.
Old 03-25-2001, 01:51 AM   #44
LAM0015
Banned

the mavs owe the area a winner..and doing whatever it takes to bring that team in.
if for some reason finley for carter trade was there...it would be stupid not to take it.
why do they owe something to michael finley?
yes, he's a great guy but he was paid very good money to play basketball for the mavericks for the past few years? when it comes to professional athletes, they are generally not "owed" anything.
no, i'm not bitter at all..i want finley back, but he's not "owed" anything by the mavericks. if the mavericks think he deserves a large contract, they'll give it to him..and i expect that's what will happen... HOPEFULLY, IT WILLL HAPPEN. but he's not owed anything
Old 03-25-2001, 04:07 AM   #45
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, single game statsistics that equal thirty one points, ten rebounds, and seven assists in one game, aren't as good as you might think... Maybe Fin should drive the lane more often... I'm sure he could have done better... (I am kidding)

Old 03-25-2001, 05:48 AM   #46
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

That Carter for Finley trade scenario wouldn't happen...

We owe Finley for sticking with us for when we were winning 20 games a year. Trading him would seem like backstabbing and also discourage free agents from coming here.
Old 03-25-2001, 10:55 AM   #47
LAM0015
Banned

evilmav, what's your point?
that he had a good game? yes, of course he did. i'm thrilled for him. we can't judge players on a few select games out of the year, you know that. i'm glad he had a very good game. i hope the mavs sign him back. I'm not saying that finley has had just a few good games this year but anytime anyone brings up an argument for finley, they bring up 3 or 4 games this year... you can do that with almost any player in the NBA.
Finley's a solid player. of course...no, i don't think the carter trade would ever happen...but if he was offered, yes i'd make that trade..(by the way, finley relative field goal percentage is amont the bottom 1/3 of the NBA for 2-guards)
Old 03-25-2001, 03:11 PM   #48
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

My friends at Anheuser Busch were the ones helping me make a point last night...

Drunk, womanless, and back from the bars... An perfect time to amuse myself posting a picture or two before crashing...
Old 03-25-2001, 03:33 PM   #49
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

LAM0015: Exactly what is relative field goal percentage? If you are speaking of his field goal percentage in relation to other shooting guards I believe you are incorrect. Please show your work.

BTW, for someone who has asked that the whole Finley thing be dropped, you sure won't let go of the subject yourself.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 03:36 PM   #50
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to fuel the fire any, but here's a blurb from today's DMN Mavs notebook. It's interesting because I feel that Nash should be the team MVP this year, though his health is definitely a valid drawback.

Finley for MVP

Don Nelson said it required a few moments of thoughtful solitude, but he has come up with the answer. His choice for MVP of the Mavericks is none other than the team's All-Star.

"Michael's been there all year long," Nelson said. "Michael's been the guy that's held us together."

He and assistant coach Del Harris cited Finley's all-around capabilities – how the guard is second on the team in both assists and points per game. Additionally, Finley has had to switch from small forward to shooting guard since the acquisition of Juwan Howard.

Source: DMN Mavs Notebook
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 08:34 AM   #51
LAM0015
Banned

yes, i did ask for the finley thing to be dropped..but i also said, if anyone argues the opposing view, then i'll be forced to argue.
relative field goal percentage involves taking into account two point, three point and free throw percentages... i'll show the work later when i have more time...sometime tonight
thanks, bye
Old 03-26-2001, 10:00 AM   #52
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

LAM0015: Aren't the one who said "(by the way, finley relative field goal percentage is amont the bottom 1/3 of the NBA for 2-guards)"?

Why would you say that if you really wanted the Finley arguments to stop?
Old 03-26-2001, 10:17 AM   #53
LAM0015
Banned

all i was doing was stating facts
Old 03-26-2001, 12:55 PM   #54
Mavs#1Fan

You were not stating the facts to prove a point, you included facts in a response just to invoke a negative reaction. That is very immature.
Old 03-26-2001, 01:24 PM   #55
LAM0015
Banned

what is with the personal insult?
a statistic is a statistic...nothing more..nothing less
why do you get so upset when i mention a fact that is not positive concerning michael finley?
just curious

thank you for your concern with this subject
Old 03-26-2001, 03:03 PM   #56
Mavs#1Fan

Because YOU asked that we stop a topic then YOU start it again. You were not defending your position, you were starting an argument. That's not my idea of a mature attitude.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:41 PM   #57
LAM0015
Banned

i apologize for your incorrect statement, but i did not start it again. Please refrain from your personal bashing.
i started talking about this again when evilmav made a statement. like i said, i would like to stop talking about this unless someone argues with me ...then i'll be forced to state my opinion.
thank you for your time