Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-21-2005, 05:30 AM   #1
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone playing WoW?

I bought the game 4 days ago and I am thrilled. Fantastic graphics and easy playing. Highly addictive stuff for anyone who likes that kind of games. Do some of the European poster play as well?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all
Default RE: Anyone playing WoW?

I want too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . Wish it was free.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great game, too bad I just don't have the time to play. Especially seeing one of my friends turned into playing Evercrack...... a freakin' zombie.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what is WoW?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

yah MMorpgs are bad news. time consuming, stressful and repetitive. they are fun for the first short while but they leave you empty handed in the long run, when you realize that all your gear that you've spent so much time aquiring and all your levels mean absolutely nothing. The best analogy I can come up with is re-writing word for word a Shakespearian play. Yah it may look and sound good and may be entertaining, but nothing new was accomplished.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #6
funkadelik

funkadelik is on a distinguished road

World of WarCraft ?

STILL playing HL2..
Old 02-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #7
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

yea I play World of Warcraft and love it.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:32 PM   #8
Waschdel

Default RE:Anyone playing WoW?

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
what is WoW?
It is a huge online-game in the warcraft universe with more than 2000 quests and 100000s of players worldwide.
It´s brandnew version of an old theme. Loosing time without achieving anything (ninkobel is right) - but it is fun
and I just wanted to know if I could loose time with other mavs fans.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #9
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

meh, even after all my mmog bashing I bet I'd play if my comp was up to date, at least for a little while. There's a network cafe a few miles down the road where a lot of people go to play it. I just can't justify paying for WoW + 2-3$ per hour.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:58 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I play! Thats why Im so seldom on DM.com anymore.

Level 21 Dwarf Pallie. Can't be beat.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #11
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

alright EL. at least its good to know that some of the girls who play girl characters are actually girls. I've always been worried..
Old 02-22-2005, 01:56 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually playing a male character. =)

lvl 23 dwarf paladin that looks strikingly like Gimli. Visit me sometime I'm on Blackhand server.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:37 AM   #13
Waschdel

Default RE:Anyone playing WoW?

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I'm actually playing a male character. =)

lvl 23 dwarf paladin that looks strikingly like Gimli. Visit me sometime I'm on Blackhand server.
Level 18 warrior fighting in a group with a paladin and a scoundrel (is that the right translation?). I am kind of a power forward in that combo taking most of the shots (and hits). The other guys can be compared with a shooting guard and a swingman. We are quite an efficient group.

Erica - do you know whether I can access an US-Server from Europe with my current character?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Paladins are definitely the point-forwards of the warcraft world- we tank like a forward or center but we're also a support class.

anyway, I have no idea if euro players can play with US players. The servers have the same names, but I havent been able to look up some friends from Europe. Either they are never online or there are parallel servers with the same name. One of my better friends plays from Korea, and he just bought an American copy and had them ship it to him. He needs really fast internet but he says its worth it because the American servers are so much more developed and filled with friendly people.

thats all I can think of.