Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default Gerald Wallace

any thoughts on him? he could be the pure slasher/finisher that we don't have.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Gerald Wallace

I like Wallace, but I think so do the Bobcats. In fact, I read a quote from Bernie Bickerstaff (Charlotte's GM/coach) where he mentioned Wallace specifically as a cornerstone for their young team.

So, it would probably take alot to get him.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Wallace is a free agent
Old 05-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

And, I think Bernie is willing to sign him for big money.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 PM   #5
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all
Default RE: Gerald Wallace

Big money? Doubtful. I dont think Charlotte is ready to let go of their precious cap room on anyone who isnt an up-n-coming star. But I can see them signing him for medium money, with the opportunity to play - which would likely be enough to keep him on board, I would think.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I don't really like the idea of adding another 6'6-6'7 swingman. I like the kid's energy and I was one of those who thought that this was going to be a break-out season for him (as a starter for the 'Cats). But I don't believe that he would add anything especially considering the studs we have in Marquis and Josh. Wallace is the type of player (a la Devin Brown, et al) who's a quality sixth or seventh man on a playoff roster but anything more than that would be asking too much.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all
Default RE: Gerald Wallace

"...a quality sixth or seventh man on a playoff roster ..."

Make that a fairly decent 8th man or 9th man, but no better, in my book. I couldnt see him cracking the current top 7 or 8 in Dallas or SA or Seattle or Detroit, for example.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote