Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2001, 09:23 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Again, it's a MUST win.

You can't afford to lose to teams like the Clips and Grizz. My only concern is how much energy they got left after last night. We should be able to overcome that though.

Mavs 106
Grizz 97

Nash has a Big game back home.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2001, 10:23 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a must-win. Nash goes big, while Abdur-Rahim and Strick express their desires to join the Mavs this coming offseason. Mavs 101, Grizz 91
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 11:46 AM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Do you think you guys are throwing around the term "must-win" a little too much?? In one sense, I agree with you, because to make the playoffs, we have to beat teams like the Grizzlies. On the other hand, if we lose this game, are we out of the playoff hunt?? No, I don't think so. Therefore, I don't think it's a "must-win."

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:03 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight's game is DEFINITELY a must-win. The Mavs have an incredibly tough stretch coming up in March. Take a look at the schedule:

Houston (30-27)
@ Orlando (29-26)
@ Miami (33-23)
Golden State (16-41)
LA Clippers (20-39)
New Jersey (20-38)
Minnesota (33-24)
Phoenix (34-21)
Portland (39-18)
Minnesota (33-24)
Charlotte (31-26)
Utah (38-17)
Portland (39-18)
LA Lakers (37-18)

** Teams in BOLD are above .500 and would also be top-seeded playoff teams if the playoffs started today (with the exception of the streaking Rockets, who are definitely starting to make some noise).
Old 02-27-2001, 12:10 PM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

are you saying that if the Mavs lose tonight they have no shot at the playoffs?? BTW, I think the Mavs will take care of business tonight, 106-89.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:31 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

No, but it's quite possible a loss tonight would make a playoff push more difficult. The teams currently behind the Mavs (ie, Minnesota, Houston, Seattle, Denver) aren't that far behind. Also, the last 13 games are going to be BRUTAL! I predict a 6-7 finish if we're lucky.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:33 PM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

ugh....you guys need to have more confidence in our Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2001, 12:37 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Here's the schedule for April:

@ Sacramento
@ Houston
Atlanta
Utah
San Antonio
Phoenix
Sacramento
Seattle
Golden State
Minnesota
Old 02-27-2001, 09:34 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Mavs are shooting 86% after one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] As Bob and Jim would say, "if this keeps up.."
Old 02-27-2001, 10:07 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well, it didn't keep up. But still got an 8 point lead a half.

Did you see that dunk by Howard? WOW .

Old 02-27-2001, 10:30 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

The Grizz have just come back from a 19pt deficit to lead by 1..this isn't looking so good anymore.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:24 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Mavs 116, Grizz 112 FINAL

WHEW! Now let's just hope Dirk's ok.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:42 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Good game. Good win.

Huge 1st quarter(41 points). Everybody was hitting everything. Opened up a 19 point lead. Struggled in the second, letting Vancover back in the game. Managed to keep an 8 point half time lead. Whole 2nd half was pretty much mini runs back and forth by both teams.

Nash played great. Dirk was awesome as always(hope his ankle's not tooo bad). Finley had a Great 1st half but was pretty much a none factor in the second. Howard played well. Had a HUGE dunk to end the 1st half. And Najera played really well too.

Overall a good performance. Gotta take care of teams like the Grizz.

Old 02-27-2001, 11:52 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

After watching this game, you just can't help but wonder about those morons in Vancouver who were trying to trade Bibby and Abdur-Rahim before the deadline.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:55 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, they both really played well. Bibby couldn't miss late in the game.

Gotta go. Later.

Old 02-28-2001, 12:21 AM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Finley was on fire in the 1st half. I think he was 7-7. But, in the 2nd, he seemed to be finding his teammates more than shooting. It was tight down the stretch that's for sure. How about Howard tonight, huh? That was a clutch shot by him with about 40 seconds left to give the Mavs a 4-pt lead. And then you had Nash hitting the all important free throws. Good win, now a much deserved rest. Let's hope they take care of business against those damn Rockets.
Old 02-28-2001, 11:07 AM   #17
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Regarding Dirk's bum ankle...At least he has three days to recover before playing again.

Regarding Houston...Man, I don't like the trend that I have been seeing lately - poor rebounding. The Mavs were improving in this area until the trade. I guess it will take a while to aclimate Howard into the line-up but rebounding is going to be key to make the playoffs. Houston is coming to town to expoit our defense again (how many times has Houston posterized Bradley/Laettner & Dirk this season?). I hope Nellie desists in the small line-up and plays man to man ball...
Old 02-28-2001, 11:20 AM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I thing pretty much everybody posterizes Bradley. Not just Houston [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

but yeah, we need to improve in the rebounding department. Dirk is pretty much are only good rebounder.

Old 03-27-2001, 03:43 PM   #19
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

dont even worry about the grizz, they're already thinking about graceland.
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:01 AM   #20
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Whoa that game was like a month ago