Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #121
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you scan the first two or three pages of new threads, you would see that a good portion of them are started by newish members. So I guess they didn't get the memo.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #122
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
As I've said previously in this thread, if you want to complain about the "2009 General NBA Thread" fine. I get that. I understand not liking multiple conversations in one thread. But if there are 13 pages in a thread about the Butler trade...I mean what exactly should we do about that?
I was there in real time for the Butler thread, so I know that it developed quickly. In that sense, Stressboy's complaint was probably misdirected. Still, I get his overall point.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I think if you scan the first two or three pages of new threads, you would see that a good portion of them are started by newish members. So I guess they didn't get the memo.
This.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #124
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I propose that in the Politics forum that there is an official conservative outlook thread and an official liberal outlook thread. That way dude and 92bdad aren't making a million new propaganda threads advocating conservative 'ideals'. That is one way consolidation of threads/thread conservative would be helpful.

Doesn't just not posting in their thread usually work when the thread is crap? Allowing it to run it's natural course to the dreaded 2nd/3rd pages.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #125
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would second that suggestion in the political pages if barry wasn't such a cluster that you cannot keep track of all the broken pleges, political payoffs and attacks on his enemies. It's just too much for one thread.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #126
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You know I wouldn't mind a 10-page thread if I had an option to get all of the pages at once and then when I come back to it, it puts me back where I was reading. It does get to be a pain when you sort of have to search for your own thread "bookmark".
Just noticed this:

1. There is a setting in your options page under User CP for how many posts to view per page. Unfortunately 40 is the most you can have, and it's the default. So you can only make it less. Maybe we can talk to DJ about increasing that limit.

2. Every thread as a little green icon to the left of it (with a down arrow in the middle of it). Clicking that icon will take you to the first post in the thread that you have not yet read. It's not completely reliable (especially if you read/post from multiple machines) but it usually works.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #127
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stressboy View Post
I used to love reading this board, in fact years ago I even wrote a few posts and I think made a little sense. Well I have stayed away from this board for the past 3-4 months now because of your insistance on keeping 1 thread on any topic. The Howard/Butler trade thread is now 13 pages long. It moved from rumor, to fact, to God knows what topic to the current debate on minute distribution.
[...]
Stressboy
No offense, but for ppl who love to spread topics into 10 different threads DB.com or mavtalk.com might be the better choice.

Personally, I absolutely prefer the modus operandi of this forum.
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #128
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Here's an idea -- threads won't be 20 pages long if people didn't have pictures in their signature that take up half the computer screen.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #129
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
Here's an idea -- threads won't be 20 pages long if people didn't have pictures in their signature that take up half the computer screen.
Actually, there would be just as many pages - it's 40 posts per page, regardless each individual post's length.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #130
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

I stand corrected. But how many times can you look at a 7 inch bald eagle nonetheless?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #131
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

Quote:
I stand corrected. But how many times can you look at a 7 inch bald eagle nonetheless?
You can deactivate all these images by going to 'user cp' --> 'options' --> 'visible elements' .
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. Every thread as a little green icon to the left of it (with a down arrow in the middle of it). Clicking that icon will take you to the first post in the thread that you have not yet read. It's not completely reliable (especially if you read/post from multiple machines) but it usually works.
This is the only button I use when going to threads. I always go to the last post the board thinks I've read. You're right, it's not completely reliable, but it beats starting at the beginning every time.

After we upgraded the board it didn't work for a while and the board become nearly unusable for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #133
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am reasonably sure that there are always 39/40 posts per page no matter what images are displayed. I could be wrong.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #134
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I was there in real time for the Butler thread, so I know that it developed quickly. In that sense, Stressboy's complaint was probably misdirected. Still, I get his overall point.
For me it's more the "General NBA Season," or "Rangers 2009 Season" threads that give me tired head. All the player appreciation threads, which should have seen a lot of simple posts and die a quick death - threads which I have almost no desire to participate in - turned into General-Discussion-About-Player-X thread.

I didn't have any issue with the Butler thread, or really even the "Cuban not looking for a big-deal thread," although the latter could've been helped by some thread branching once or twice.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #135
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the appreciation threads are a huge beating and make the forum look very bad. And yes, the "General NBA Season" thread is pretty much an idiotic idea to begin with. Why do you need a "General NBA Season" thread when there's an entire forum dedicated to the NBA. The General Mavs Offseason thread or Official Mavs Offseason thread (whatever it was).. that was pretty idiotic as well.

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #136
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, please, oh wise sage of the internets. Please enlighten us on when the proper time is to start a new thread. According to Stress, it's when he can no longer skim a thread in a timely fashion. So should we implement a new rule that no thread so span more than five pages?

Please enlighten us.
Not to speak for Murph...but look at gamedays for example. During the game you have the GDT, which I'm sure grows far more quickly than the Butler thread, and sometimes gets about as long. Then, as soon as the clock hits zeros, you get the postgame thread.

I'd say it's an appropriate analogy to consider.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #137
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
For me it's more the "General NBA Season," or "Rangers 2009 Season" threads that give me tired head. All the player appreciation threads, which should have seen a lot of simple posts and die a quick death - threads which I have almost no desire to participate in - turned into General-Discussion-About-Player-X thread.

I didn't have any issue with the Butler thread, or really even the "Cuban not looking for a big-deal thread," although the latter could've been helped by some thread branching once or twice.
Something like the General NBA Season thread is just preference. Some people like it, some people don't.

Now on a Rangers Season thread...I really like it. Because there's generally not enough interest to drive anything but a general thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #138
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, some people like the General NBA season thread. But, that does not make it any less idiotic. If you're going to have a General NBA Season thread, then just get rid of Around the NBA and place the General NBA Season thread in either the Mavs section or the "Other Sports" section.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #139
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yep, the appreciation threads are a huge beating
count me in on that opinion...

but I would see it as overmoding to tell them they can't post them.

I'm of the opinion that if the established members just ignored them...they would die pretty quickly.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

People freak out about those "General threads"

I think we started making those as a place to go when you were watching a game. It's like the gameday thread for whatever random NBA game you're watching. That was the original intent. I think some of them even had the words "watch live" in them at some point. I don't think anyone ever intended for all non-Mavericks discussion to go into one thread. That's idiotic, obviously.

But if you're watching TNT on thursday night and you want to make a comment about how much of a little b*tch Tim Duncan is, or say something about Craig Sagers tie, then it's the perfect place to go.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #141
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

I'm of the opinion that if the established members just ignored them...they would die pretty quickly.
Which, as it turns out, too many of the established members just ignored the forum.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #142
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Sure, some people like the General NBA season thread. But, that does not make it any less idiotic. If you're going to have a General NBA Season thread, then just get rid of Around the NBA and place the General NBA Season thread in either the Mavs section or the "Other Sports" section.
Well here's the bottom line: As someone who always whines about over moderation, you should fully recognize that the people that like the General threads are as entitled to their opinions and to their use of the board as you are.

If you don't want to post in it, fine. But some people do want to post in it, and read it.

And as Flac just said, it's never been intended as a giant catch all for everything. Just for some things.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #143
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ditto.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #144
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

I think we started making those as a place to go when you were watching a game. It's like the gameday thread for whatever random NBA game you're watching. That was the original intent. I think some of them even had the words "watch live" in them at some point. I don't think anyone ever intended for all non-Mavericks discussion to go into one thread. That's idiotic, obviously.

But if you're watching TNT on thursday night and you want to make a comment about how much of a little b*tch Tim Duncan is, or say something about Craig Sagers tie, then it's the perfect place to go.
I disagree. If I see a thread titled, "ATL vs CLE on TNT, Sager is a douche," I am going to jump in and clown on him.

I don't read every post in every thread, so if I don't know what kind of content a thread has, I'm going to just leave it alone.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #145
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

Or...you could open a thread in the Around the NBA forum entitled, "Tim Duncan is a little b*tch", and then pontificate on why.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #146
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I disagree. If I see a thread titled, "ATL vs CLE on TNT, Sager is a douche," I am going to jump in and clown on him.

I don't read every post in every thread, so if I don't know what kind of content a thread has, I'm going to just leave it alone.
Agreed.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #147
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which, as it turns out, too many of the established members just ignored the forum.
if they can abandon a place for a reason like that when there is still so much good sports conversation to be had...then thats on them.

I'm not that interested in the opinions of about 95% of the posters here...but I know who's opinions I am interested in...and I know who is going to have something of quality to say...and I look for them and am not disappointed.

I think that "Life" happening has more to do with a lot of the old timers leaving than the quality of conversation or the managing style of the threads.

I miss a lot of the old guard (evil, ape, the real doc, LRB, etc)...but I doubt most of them left because they couldn't get good sports talk here.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #148
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Right. And nobody is telilng anybody what they can't do, or suggesting that we should.

To me, this is not a moderation issue at all. It's a group norm behavior issue that has changed over time and some people are expressing a preference against it. So be it.

If you like to read every post in a generalized thread to see if you care to comment on any of it, more power to you. I won't be doing the same.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #149
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if ape will come back when Damp is gone this summer.... And evil..... whats up with him?

*sigh* waxing nostalgic
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #150
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So you're all saying that even if you already knew (which you now do) that the "NBA Watch Live" thread or whatever the hell it's called is the place where people do actively go to make random, non-thread worthy comments about TNT games on Thursday nights, most of which do not turn into discussions, you would not place your random observation in that thread?

Then by all means, let's all make "Tuesday, January 3rd, Bobcats @ Thunder" threads that get 3 posts and rename this place db.com
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #151
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
So you're all saying that even if you already knew (which you now do) that the "NBA Watch Live" thread or whatever the hell it's called is the place where people do actively go to make random, non-thread worthy comments about TNT games on Thursday nights, most of which do not turn into discussions, you would not place your random observation in that thread?

Then by all means, let's all make "Tuesday, January 3rd, Bobcats @ Thunder" threads that get 3 posts and rename this place db.com
Yeah, because the Around the NBA forum is really in danger of getting cluttered. There are threads on the first page that date back to before Christmas.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #152
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I wonder if ape will come back when Damp is gone this summer.... And evil..... whats up with him?

*sigh* waxing nostalgic
Ape turned into a bit. I really think he lost interest in pro basketball overall.

Evil, I'm sure he still reads now and then. He'll come back out of the woodwork at some point.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #153
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:

But if you have a unique thought, you're not going to call your thread "Bobcats @ Thunder."

It would be "Kevin Harlan is a beating," or "Kaman grabs Evans' sack."
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #154
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
But if you have a unique thought, you're not going to call your thread "Bobcats @ Thunder."

It would be "Kevin Harlan is a beating," or "Kaman grabs Evans' sack."
Kevin Harlan is a beating.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #155
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol..golden.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #156
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree that the General NBA thread has its place. Its really just a thread for chatting, and if people were using new threads to chat every night, I think we'd have a whole different set of complaints.

But certainly if someone wants to pontificate on a certain subject, then by all means, I think they should make a new thread.

Just don't expect me to do it...I have never pontifiacated in this forum and I certainly don't plan to start now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #157
Murphy3
Guru

We're one step away from having one giant thread in each forum. I'm shocked we don't already have a "Official General Lounge" thread and an "Official General Other Sports" thread.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #158
mary
Troll Hunter

We actually do have some giant threads in the Lounge.

The "General NBA" thread is not that much different from the "what are your shows" thread.

They're just about different subjects, but they both allow people to casually chat about what they're watching without having to create a new thread.

And in certain cases where posters feel a show deserves its own thread....well, we have those too (because, again, nobody is stopping you from creating a thread). Just like we managed to have an Arenas thread, an All-Star thread, etc.

Last edited by mary; 02-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #159
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I see nothing wrong with going into the general NBA thread and saying "damn, lebron is going off tonight" while I'm watching a Cavs game.

I do see a problem with making it the only acceptable thread for posting about other teams making trades, injuries, whatever.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #160
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The only one who is ever wrong is 92bDad...if he posts, he's wrong...period end of discussion...at least 92bDad isn't starting a new thread about this topic :-)

Y'all have a great start to lent
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
124characterlimit, because older = better?, got a bit fluffy in here, igetpaidtowritetags, ineedlargerfonttoo, look at me im important, officialtagssectionhere!, oldtag vs newtag, spamaholics, theproblemhere-->, threaderrhea, twitter/dallas-mavs.com