Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #2041
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
How do you lose to the Kings when it could mean your season? Wow.
I was pretty shocked myself. I didn't even bother to watch the game. I assumed that the Suns would win handily. Then I checked the box scores. Wow. I had to make sure I read the scores correctly.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #2042
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
That was an uuuggly shot by Fin.
Fin was almost the hero of that game though. He came through with another clutch 3 to get the game down to 1. Then that 3 Paul hurled up pretty much ended the game.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #2043
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fidel, I understand what you're saying now. I agree but they'll let them use any tactic until they change the rules.

The Mavs gave Phoenix plenty of chances to climb back into the race but the Suns blew some easy chances. Missing the playoffs will bring some changes this summer.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #2044
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Which Fin shot are you talking about?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #2045
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Your dumb Spurs aren't doing us any favors...86 points? Come on.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #2046
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Fin was almost the hero of that game though. He came through with another clutch 3 to get the game down to 1. Then that 3 Paul hurled up pretty much ended the game.

You mean the FAILED call when they fouled him in the backcourt was what ended the game. It was ridiculous, how can 3 officials miss that, a grab and a swap on that lil douche bag and no call.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #2047
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The two missed fouls are not the only thing the Spurs were complaining about.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...d_mistake.html

NEW ORLEANS — Referee Eddie F. Rush left the court at New Orleans Arena on Sunday night with Michael Finley still in his ear.

There was no disputing the outcome, a 90-86 victory the Hornets seized while shorthanded. Finley and the rest of the Spurs simply believed it ended earlier than it should have.

A clock malfunction appears to have cost the Spurs precious seconds at the end of the game.

The Spurs had just made back-to-back 3-pointers to close a seven-point gap to one with 17.8 seconds to go. On the ensuing inbounds, New Orleans' Chris Paul split a double-team from Finley and Tony Parker in the backcourt, then drew a foul on Manu Ginobili while hoisting a half-court 3-pointer.

The clock stopped at 7.1 seconds. The Spurs argued as many as two seconds ran off the clock after the whistle.

Finley said the scoreboard operator told the officials of the breakdown, but the officials said they could not review the play because they didn't see the extra time trickle off.

“We thought the clock ran,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. They didn't stop the clock. It's not something they can correct, according to the officials.”

After some argument, Paul rendered the discussion moot. He made all three foul shots to put the Hornets back up by four, the final margin.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #2048
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Mavs really could've used a Spurs win last night.

It may seem like irrational hope at this point but if you look at the closing schedules of Utah/New Orleans it's NOT irrational to think the Mavs could leap one or the other or both of those teams.

Very very small margin for error though.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #2049
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Mavs really could've used a Spurs win last night.

It may seem like irrational hope at this point but if you look at the closing schedules of Utah/New Orleans it's NOT irrational to think the Mavs could leap one or the other or both of those teams.

Very very small margin for error though.

IF you are totally throwing how we have been playing lately out the window.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #2050
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

from Bill Simmon's mail bag part 1.

Pretty good analysis on whether to take 2s or 3s ...for all those newbies out there.

--------
Q: Why won't you understand shooting percentages? 33 percent from beyond the arc is the equivalent of 50 percent from within. If a guy shot 50 percent from the field, would you be killing him for shooting? Of course not. You obviously realize how stupid that would be. Yet that's what you've been doing -- FOR YEARS -- with your mind-boggling argument against 3-point shooting unless the guy can hit 75 percent of his 3s. Just think about it for a couple of seconds. Please ... we are begging you.
-- Nick, New York

SG: Dozens of readers e-mailed me Nick's same stupid argument in a similarly condescending way, which is what makes the following so much fun: I'm not stupid, YOU'RE STUPID. That 33/50 logic only makes sense in a professional basketball league in which they aren't calling fouls and you aren't allowed to pass to a teammate ... which, as far as I can tell, doesn't currently exist.

Let's say that one player attempts 12 3-pointers and makes four (for 12 points). His teammate attempts 12 2-pointers and makes six, but during that time -- because he's not standing 25 feet away jacking up 3s like an idiot -- he also draws three fouls on his defender, creates two assists for teammates, makes three of four free throws, turns the ball over once, and misses one layup that gets tapped in by a teammate (we'll call it 19 points). You're telling me those two scenarios are equal? If I'm playing LeBron (a 31 percent 3-point shooter), ideally, I want him jacking up contested 3s because that means (A) he's not getting to the line, (B) he's not getting my guys in foul trouble, and (C) he's not potentially creating shots for someone else. I can't defend LeBron when he's going to the basket, especially if he's getting calls. But you know what? If he's happy shooting 3s from 25 feet with a hand in his face, then I'm delighted. This is great. I want him to do that. And if he's doing something that the other team WANTS him to do, then he's doing the wrong thing. I'm fine with shooting 24-footers over 20-footers, but getting into the paint will always be more valuable than jacking up 3s. It's just a fact.

(Note to Nick and everyone else who mailed me the 33/50 argument: I'm doing the Dikembe finger wave at you. Don't come into my house.)

Last edited by nikeball; 03-31-2009 at 12:56 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #2051
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

+rep to Bill Simmons...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #2052
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Last Thursday, I went to the Houston Rockets' play day held at the Toyota Center. I shook Mutombo's hand, then wagged my finger in his face.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #2053
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, i ve been watching the Cavs while Mavericks connection was down. LeBron pulled out the play of the day in the 4th
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #2054
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen the last OKC attempt ? Wasn´t it balltending ?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #2055
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

The Lakers are officially the Bobcats biotch, jeesh. 3-0.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #2056
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Spurs lose to Thunder. Awful last possession by the Spurs there.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #2057
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Spurs lose to Thunder. Awful last possession by the Spurs there.
Why didn't they call a timeout? That's not like Pop.

He's really messing with the rotations again. Players look confused out there. Bowen with another DNP. He's keeping Hill glued to the bench and has brought Vaughn back into the rotation. He started Ginobli tonight. He's killed Mason's confidence by using him as a backup pg which has been the biggest failure I've seen.

I guess he doesn't want his team to have HCA.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #2058
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas - W
Utah - L

that's a good night...it should've been better tho, NO getting a buzzer beating shot.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-31-2009 at 11:43 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #2059
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, N.O. wins on a buzzer three.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #2060
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Guard the line, idiots.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #2061
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Butler was SOOOOO f'n open for that last shot, what a breakdown on defense.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #2062
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Hornets are gettin so many fluky wins. Ugh they should have 30 losses !
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #2063
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Looked like T-Mac letting Brandon Roy have that wide open three for the win a few months ago.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #2064
CadBane
Banned

The Bobcats are now beating Boston at Boston...on the tail end of a back to back where they just won...at LA. This would make them 4-0 against Boston and L.A.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #2065
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Game winner by Ray Allen vs. Bobcats

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #2066
CadBane
Banned

Go Clippers.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #2067
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Ray Allen is amazing.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #2068
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Houston laid an egg in Phoenix. That game meant more to them than the Suns.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #2069
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have the next great stat for Daryl Morey to measure. Anyone who watches the Discovery Channel knows that a predator's eyes are in the front so they can gauge the distant to their prey, while a herbivore's eyes are on the sides of their head so they can watch for predators. Look at a picture of Tracy McGrady and tell me that his eyes aren't on the sides of his head. The guy is clearly built to graze, not to hunt. Eye separation is going to be the new wingspan. Mark my words, 15 years from now Jay Bilas will be raving about Lil' Lebron's "eye spacing."
laff
Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #2070
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooooooo Denver!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #2071
CadBane
Banned

Anyone watch the Denver-Utah game? Birdman had 8 blocks, Smith had 8 threes. That Denver team is good.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #2072
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Denver

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #2073
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Anyone watch the Denver-Utah game? Birdman had 8 blocks, Smith had 8 threes. That Denver team is good.
6 blocks on Boozer!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #2074
BGMaverick9
Guru

Offensive Explosion in Indy...with the Spurs?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #2075
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Not sure if the Cavs are beginning to rest up for the playoffs, but they just got embarassed in Orlando.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #2076
monty55555
Platinum Member

And the Wolves just beat the Utah Jazz.

What a wasted opportunity for the Mavs tonight.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #2077
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #2078
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
And the Wolves just beat the Utah Jazz.

What a wasted opportunity for the Mavs tonight.
The optimist in me (some people don't like that, apparently) see it as a lucky break. It doesn't mean that tonight's performance is acceptable, but it's not as bitter of a pill to swallow right now. It might be in about 2 weeks, but now it's questionable if it will be one at all.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #2079
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Meh...same shape we were in at the start of the night...which was pretty good shape, indeed. Utah is dropping like a rock! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix passed them. They may lose every game they play.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #2080
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The optimist in me (some people don't like that, apparently) see it as a lucky break. It doesn't mean that tonight's performance is acceptable, but it's not as bitter of a pill to swallow right now. It might be in about 2 weeks, but now it's questionable if it will be one at all.
Hey BG, as I mentioned in your game recap tonight, I love your optimism. Its a breath of fresh air

Anyhow, I understand what you mean. It is a lucky break in that regard... It just would have been better if the Mavs won though.

Oh well. Thanks Wolves! And of course, Go Mavs!

Tags
brain seargantry, got a bit fluffy in here, great exceptations, guerillablackformavsfan!, i hate the nba, lakers vs ??? finals 2009, not enough tags, refs will win it all, shutup closet spurs fan, special orders upset us, sweet & sour chicken, tanking 101, utah sucks! woo!!!, you'll do it my way