Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #681
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The fact that he is doing this after his sister just died is unbelievable. Hope he is doing it for her.
Lost a tooth a couple games ago too! Gotta be honest, I'm rooting for the Celts to win it all this season (them and the Wiz are the only likable teams left...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-02-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #682
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Lost a tooth a couple games ago too! Gotta be honest, I'm rooting for the Celts to win it all this season (them and the Wiz are the only likable teams left...)
They are good enough to play 7 against cle. I still remember the time bringing up the idea on signing Horford last off season...
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #683
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
You wouldn't think Paul can get persuaded if Mavs got to draft let's say a Jonathan Isaac.. and Dirk on the last stint of his career?
You, Sir, are The King. It's entertaining just trying to make sense of what you are attempting to say.

MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #684
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The fact that he is doing this after his sister just died is unbelievable. Hope he is doing it for her.
I can't even imagine. I almost broke down just watching the 2 minute post game interview on the sideline.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #685
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
You, Sir, are The King. It's entertaining just trying to make sense of what you are attempting to say.

That Mavs won't necessarily look like a rebuilding team snatching Chris Paul away?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #686
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That Mavs won't necessarily look like a rebuilding team snatching Chris Paul away?
wut?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #687
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
wut?
If Chris Paul turns into a free agent he'll be the best available PG?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #688
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And if he signs with us, we still struggle to make 8th seed.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-03-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #689
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Chris Paul turns into a free agent he'll be biggest FA bitch
yahyes

Last edited by sefant77; 05-03-2017 at 11:10 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #690
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
And if he signs with us, we still struggle to make 8th seed.
I doubt it with having Noel and Barnes for next year.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #691
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I doubt it with having Noel and Barnes for next year.
1) He doesn't want to come to the Mavs. He dislikes us

2) We don't want Paul. We dislike him

3) Adding a 32-year-old with only 2-3 more seasons at peak skill won't help us with Noel (22), Barnes (24), Yogi (23), and DFS (23)? Doesn't make us a competitive team. We aren't winning a championship and might not even get us to the playoffs depending on the strength of the West.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #692
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it goes like you said trying to get a ring. Sure spurs could be an option. But the Mavs do have players also who can help him get their 2nd ring. You wouldn't think Paul can get persuaded if Mavs got to draft let's say a Jonathan Isaac.. and Dirk on the last stint of his career?

Paul MAY have heard of Jonathan Isaac's name before. MAYBE. But there is Zero chance that he or any other rookies move Pauls meter.

Dirk being on the last stint of his career is the opposite of a selling point.

Also, I can't imagine anyone at all wanting him here, especially considering we aren't competitive and he's old. He's a whiney little bitch and our fans don't like him. Other than JJ reddick and Crawford, I don't want any of their players.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #693
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Paul MAY have heard of Jonathan Isaac's name before. MAYBE. But there is Zero chance that he or any other rookies move Pauls meter.

Dirk being on the last stint of his career is the opposite of a selling point.

Also, I can't imagine anyone at all wanting him here, especially considering we aren't competitive and he's old. He's a whiney little bitch and our fans don't like him. Other than JJ reddick and Crawford, I don't want any of their players.

I don't know why you would even want those two. Reddick looks 1 dimensional and Crawford is a shot chucker. I completely agree with the rest of your post though. CP3 isn't coming to Dallas.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #694
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
CP3 isn't coming to Dallas.
Hell, I doubt he even leaves LA... The only reason he's going to opt out is to basically extend his contract under the new cap. No different than Durant.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #695
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Will LaMarcus Aldridge show up tonight? Glad we did not sign him.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #696
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hell, I doubt he even leaves LA... The only reason he's going to opt out is to basically extend his contract under the new cap. No different than Durant.

I doubt he leaves too. I think Melo finds his way the Clippers to take Blakes spot. Reddick might bounce out too.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #697
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
1) He doesn't want to come to the Mavs. He dislikes us

2) We don't want Paul. We dislike him

3) Adding a 32-year-old with only 2-3 more seasons at peak skill won't help us with Noel (22), Barnes (24), Yogi (23), and DFS (23)? Doesn't make us a competitive team. We aren't winning a championship and might not even get us to the playoffs depending on the strength of the West.
There was a time when we traded for a 33 I think year old Kidd. You forgot to add Seth in there too. The clips depth is utter shit now. Reason why I think there could be a chance he bolts.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #698
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
There was a time when we traded for a 33 I think year old Kidd. You forgot to add Seth in there too. The clips depth is utter shit now. Reason why I think there could be a chance he bolts.
At the time we were chasing a ring, so trading for a veteran PG made sense. We are rebuilding with youth now. Also, see the above posts about why Paul will never wear a Mavs jersey.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #699
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
There's a chance that he bolts for sure. It's just not going to be to here. I'd give him maybe a 10% of leaving. Coming to the Mavs? 0%.

Also, we were one Kidd from a championship. We had Dirk, Marion, Butler, Jett, and Chandler in their primes (late-20s/early-30s). It made sense to mortgage the future to win now.

Now we have Dirk who is turning 39 next month who may play one more season and a bunch of young (24-or-less) development guys who need to be shaped to be successful-- none of whom have ever been stars before (Marion was an allstar, Chandler, Butler, and Jett were both borderline stars).

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-03-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #700
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I don't know why you would even want those two. Reddick looks 1 dimensional and Crawford is a shot chucker. I completely agree with the rest of your post though. CP3 isn't coming to Dallas.
Reddick is a decent defender and more importantly is a better shooter than anyone on our roster. He's really hard to stay with off the ball too. He's not one dimensional.

Crawford is 6th man. His role is essentially to come in and provide offense. Most defenders can't even remotely stay in front of him either.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #701
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Reddick is a decent defender and more importantly is a better shooter than anyone on our roster. He's really hard to stay with off the ball too. He's not one dimensional.

Crawford is 6th man. His role is essentially to come in and provide offense. Most defenders can't even remotely stay in front of him either.
Reddick is not an amazing defender and I'd take Seth Curry over him 10 times out of 10-- and not just because Curry is 7 years younger.

Crawford is great, but we need a starting 5 that can compete for the playoffs before we have to worry about who our 6th man is. Good player, wrong time to get him.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-03-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #702
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Reddick is not an amazing defender and I'd take Seth Curry over him 10 times out of 10-- and not just because Curry is 7 years younger.

Crawford is great, but we need a starting 5 that can compete for the playoffs before we have to worry about who our 6th man is. Good player, wrong time to get him.
I'm not advocating going after them at all. Just stated the only two I would want from that team.

There is a huge gap between decent and amazing lol. He's not one dimensional regardless...and fwiw, I prefer Seth and his potential over Reddick.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #703
yahyes
Banned

Quote:

Reddick and Crawford are garbage players now. When it comes to the playoffs. They'll really decline next season from their age. We saw it from this first round exit they had. Hence why I point out the clips have no more depth.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-03-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #704
yahyes
Banned

Even though I can't stand the F'n rockets. I do want to see the spurs flatten because there's no more Duncan. Their tank player that helped them get 5 trophies...
Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #705
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Leonard for MVP
Old 05-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #706
BPo001
Diamond Member

I'm shocked that was a common foul in today's NBA. Reggie talking about Harden hurt his neck on that elbow. He hurt his neck snapping his neck back trying to sell the call. Typical Harden BS.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #707
Underdog

Quote:
Leonard for MVP
15th pick in the draft... Everybody says San Antonio is great at drafting talent, but sometimes I wonder if it's more about developing talent within their system. I mean, Leonard was no slouch coming out of college, but a LOT of teams passed him up -- Kyrie and Klay were the only semi-justifiable picks ahead of him (Jimmer got drafted at #10 for goshsake, and he's not even in the league now!)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #708
Underdog

Harden has as many TOs as FGMs (3) with 8:44 left in the game...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #709
yahyes
Banned

I was kind of hoping for all the second round series be sweeps to get this season over with. This speaks more volumes how the Mavs division will be next season. Spurs are mostly sizing up the rockets. Then once flop harden gets no calls he sucks.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #710
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Seems, this is the new world order
Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #711
Underdog

Game 1: 126-99, Rockets
Game 2: 121-96, Spurs

Violence begets violence.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #712
Underdog

Quote:
Harden has as many TOs as FGMs (3) with 8:44 left in the game...
3 FGM, 4 TOs... Sad.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #713
Underdog

Quote:
Leonard for MVP
13-16 (3-4 3P / 5-5 FT) for 34 points, 8 AST, 7 REB, 3 STL, 1 BLK

W

Old 05-04-2017, 06:13 AM   #714
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
13-16 (3-4 3P / 5-5 FT) for 34 points, 8 AST, 7 REB, 3 STL, 1 BLK

W
He stuffed the box score !!!!!!
And is the best defender in the league.
I really enjoy watching him play - so smooth.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #715
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The bigger news are the injuries. Parker's knee and Harden's sore left hip.

The hip could actually be the bigger deal. I remember Tyson, Ellis, and Matthews all having hip issues at one time or another. All being severely affected by them.

But isn't it great and revealing how worthless Harden is when he isn't getting the BS calls?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #716
SMC0007
Guru

Boom

Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #717
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
IMO, Chris Paul is severely over hyped for what he actually delivers. The most he has done in the post season is make State Farm commercials. His post season record is 28-41 and only made it to the second round 4 times in his 9 years. Yet, the argument is continually made that he is the best PG in the league.

It would would be a perfect match for CP3 and Melo to join forces ... along with Doc Rivers obviously.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #718
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So Im guessing you didnt watch the first round. Both were complete shit. 3 years ago, sure Ill take a look and see their value. Crawford needs to retire and JJ Redick went camouflage in the series.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #719
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Parker may be out for the rest of the playoffs.

Harden is just a !#@$ who says he's injured when he plays like crap.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #720
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
IMO, Chris Paul is severely over hyped for what he actually delivers. The most he has done in the post season is make State Farm commercials. His post season record is 28-41 and only made it to the second round 4 times in his 9 years. Yet, the argument is continually made that he is the best PG in the league.

It would would be a perfect match for CP3 and Melo to join forces ... along with Doc Rivers obviously.
I think melo is staying with the knicks to have it easy with their lotto pick. Though I bet there could be a decision of the offseason like we see from big fish every summer revolving around Paul. Especially if griffin gets more money from another team.