Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough
Default 4 team trade idea

first, I'm making some assumptions because there are FAs involved.
second, it's not complete because salaries don't seem to work so much.
third, even though 2 exists, I figured there might be those out there that might actually be able to massage it to get it to work
fourth, if I'm wrong about 3, well, it isn't the first time and won't be the last.

With that, I proceed.

Utah trades:
a signed tag and AK47

uta gets:
zack
mash
POR #1

Why UTA might do it, or at least what I'd tell them why they should do it:
They get a young stud at the 4 that they could sign for years, perhaps under Sloan be the 2nd coming of Karl Malone, Mash, a 3 with plenty of offense, and probably no defense, and a second 1st rounder from a lottery team. It's a big pill to swallow, but it comes down to the idea that a power 4 is tougher to get than a multitalented 3. That would be my sell.

POR trades:
Randolph and Stoudamire, #1 pick

POR gets:
fin

Why POR might do it, or at least what I'd tell them why they should do it:
They are rebuilding their image, and they'd like to do so AND field a competitive team. Fin surely is the most talented 2 guard on that roster. He's also a solid citizen, and a leader that commands respect. He would be Cheek's voice in the locker room. They lose a promising 4, but one with attitude, and it's ok b/c they have nice guy 20/8 SAR to step right in. They also lose Stoudamire, a big contract, even though it's the last year.

NOH trades
Mash, Magliore and Armstrong

NOH gets:
nash
tag

Why NOH might do it, or at least what I'd tell them why they should do it:
They don't want Mash slowing down Baron. Mash exits stage right. Nash is a 2time allstar, (3rd team NBA last year, right? I don't remember.) and is a great compliment to Baron. Nash will play pg, baron will tackle the SG duties. Plus they get a signed tag, that, while not an allstar, and not young, seems to have a high rating on this board, so should be able to handle C duties out east, especially next to PJ.

Dal trades:
fin, nash

Dal gets:
armstong
magliore
stoud
AK47

Why DAL might do it, or at least what I'd tell them why they should do it:
They blow things up. They get role players, and they build around Dirk.
Instead of getting Chandler, they go after and get Magliore, a motivated, healthy C. Armstrong comes in to play 25mpg with Marquis, AK47 slides in at the 3, and stoudamire rots on the bench. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-----------------

FAs include Nash and Tag, which make it difficult because who knows what they will sign for next year. Zach is a wildcard as well because I'm not sure if he can sign an extension, and I don't think hoopshype or realgm has current salary info for magliore. So I made a lot of guesses. Any thoughts? Possible tweaks?

Oh, I included UTA not just because of the fact that they can take back salary and they have tag, but b/c it made it that much easier to envision monkeys flying out of someone's butt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:4 team trade idea

I cannot see really one good reason for any of the teams to do this.

Port trades a young 4, and a #1 for an aging 2.
NOH trade an All-Star C for a old C and a guy that plays the same position as Baron Davis
Utah trades their best player in AK for ...........well they might do this, but I doubt it.
Dallas trades two of the Big 3 for a smallish Eastern All-star C, an All-Star 3, a very good backup PG, and a pot head........

Not happening, I wouldn't think...........keep 'em coming though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:31 AM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:4 team trade idea

I could see portland trading Shareef but not Zack. Zack is still very young and could be a perenial all-star in this league. Second i'm going to have to be blown away to trade nash along with finley. I just don't see it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote