Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #641
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
See that's just it... it's a simple thing to cover. The Gaunts and Hepzibah are essential to the continuing story so those can just be glossed over or left out completely. The Unbreakable Vow is an interesting, but otherwise unnecessary tidbit to give the reader pause on why the book ended the way it ended, so therefore we must cover it in the movie.

It makes perfect sense to me.
Just like in GOF when they spent WAAAYYY too long on the stupid dragon chasing Harry around all over Hogwart's, and WAAAAAYYY too long on the Yule Ball.

Things like this make me so stinking mad.

BTW, I happened to watch OOTP last week, and I'd forgotten how much the stupid "weird, spirity flying/apparating" done by the death eaters and OOTP members annoyed me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #642
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
bc you are a 14 year old girl?
I'm busted.

edit: And jthig... I know. I don't know if you listen to Mugglecast, but they thought that was a cool effect. I wanted to puke, and maybe I did a little in my mouth. I don't remember.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-18-2008 at 10:51 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #643
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I like OOTP better every time I see it (which is 3 times now, I think)
Old 08-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #644
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think I like OOTP better every time I see it (which is 3 times now, I think)
GREAT MOVIE.

How Cho looks up and says "Mistletoe". It gives me goose bumps.

And Ron wrestling with those brain things.... that was fantastic! And how Snape called Harry's momma a mudblood... that made me so MAD!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #645
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you OK today?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #646
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Are you OK today?
Oh yeah.... I'm good. I don't know why I get so worked up over it really. It's stupid. And I'm going to hate the movie anyway so why care?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #647
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh yeah.... I'm good. I don't know why I get so worked up over it really. It's stupid. And I'm going to hate the movie anyway so why care?
I think some of us around here are having trouble disconnecting the books from the films...trust me, once you can...the movies are far more enjoyable.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #648
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
It's ok...I was pretty fired up when they released the trailer....and then they crushed our spirits delaying it.

I think it's just the desolation of the summer entertainment. Once tv starts and hockey and basketball and football, I'll be good.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-18-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #649
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Once tv starts and hockey and basketball and football, I'll be good.
I'm more sure about football than the basketball...I'm so hating this off season. And I hate your mom.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #650
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm more sure about football than the basketball...I'm so hating this off season. And I hate your mom.
I agree 100% (except Flaco's mom is solid - don't hate!)

EDIT: just noticed I posted in a thread I promised not to post in..... AGAIN! (but at least I left the gay jokes out...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-18-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #651
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to listen to Mugglecast once, and I just couldn't do it. I felt like that was the line that if I crossed, I would have to start making fun of myself just to make myself feel better.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #652
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I agree 100% (except Flaco's mom is solid - don't hate!)
Sorry for the confusion...that was actually directed at your mom. Flac's mom is a total babe.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #653
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I tried to listen to Mugglecast once, and I just couldn't do it. I felt like that was the line that if I crossed, I would have to start making fun of myself just to make myself feel better.

But you DID try once.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #654
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion...that was actually directed at your mom. Flac's mom is a total babe.
Just so long as we're clear on that...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #655
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

A fellow nerd informed me they read somewhere that Gambon wore a green glove over one of his hands for filming HBP, presumably so that his withered cursed hand can me inserted later with CGI.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #656
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
A fellow nerd informed me they read somewhere that Gambon wore a green glove over one of his hands for filming HBP, presumably so that his withered cursed hand can me inserted later with CGI.
Supposedly this can be seen here....????

http://mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_l...ledorebts1.jpg
Old 08-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #657
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow. Barely....if that.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 AM   #658
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The WB are showing their rear ends to the world now. I am thinking that a WB boycott is sounding better. Of course for me, that wouldn't count much since I don't go to the theater except on rare occasion. But still, read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You've got to be kidding me
WB sues 'Hari Puttar' filmmakers
WB sues 'Hari Puttar' filmmakers Warner Bros. is suing an Indian film company called Mirchi Movies because of the title of a film it had scheduled to release on September 12th - "Hari Puttar."

According to a WB spokespesron, "We have recently commenced proceedings against parties involved in the production and distribution of a movie entitled Hari Puttar. Warner Bros values and protects intellectual property rights. However, it is our policy not to discuss publicly the details of any ongoing litigation."

However, a Mirchi Movies spokesperson stated, "We registered the Hari Puttar title in 2005 and it's unfortunate that Warner has chosen to file a case so close to our film's release. In my opinion, I don't think our title has any similarity or links with Harry Potter."

Hari is apparently a popular Indian name while Puttar means son in Punjabi.

We'll keep you updated on this story. Thanks to everyone who emailed in.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #659
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Not sure what they're hoping to gain from this. Are they that concerned that Indian people are going to confuse that with Harry Potter? Is Harry Potter the least bit popular in India? I have no idea.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #660
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure what they're hoping to gain from this. Are they that concerned that Indian people are going to confuse that with Harry Potter? Is Harry Potter the least bit popular in India? I have no idea.
Of course it is popular! Harry Potter is the #1 book in the whole wide world.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #661
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

There's no need for signs and picket lines....just youtube your protest!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #662
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That sound you heard from outside your window about 10 minutes ago was me groaning after reading this

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...test-screening

And this

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...-hbp-screening

Which are "detailed" reports from a screening of HBP (I think they were written by an 11 year old)

It would seem no detail is left unchanged. It would seem to be the most changed movie yet. Did I mention that it has been changed? So don't bother re-reading the book before you see this one next summer I guess. Maybe if I get all the rage out of my system now, I can enjoy the movie later.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #663
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The other one won't load for me yet but...

Quote:
Meanwhile under the floor Harry who is watching terrified with his wand at the ready is sneaked up on by Snape, whose wand is also out and puts his finger to his lips to make sure Harry stays quiet

WHAT??????????????? WHAT THE %$#%%*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #664
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm more flabbergasted by the completely made up "attack on the burrow"
Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #665
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I haven't read the first one yet, it won't load for some reason.

How the $&#! can you take away the ambiguity surrounding Snape like that? Whether Snape was good or not was only THE CENTRAL TALKING POINT OF EVERY READER BETWEEN HBP AND DH!!!!!!!!

I don't even care about these stupid movies and that pisses me off!!!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #666
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ok I read the other one. A completely made up attack on the Burrow huh? That annoys me on so many levels. First of all, we're completely cutting out the Fing Gaunts because we don't have enough time, but we're adding a completely made up scene....really?

Also, I think that takes away the impact of the Burrow being raided in DH. That was a really symbolic thing to me; the one last stronghold no longer being a safe place for Harry and the gang.

*sigh*

I'm going back to not caring now.

*Edit* So after reading that other one.....we see Snape tell Harry to stay in his hiding place before killing Dumbledore....and then Harry and Snape still have the chase scene/showdown with the coward comment? Really? How is that in anyway beleivable. I mean I realize it would be normal for Harry to be overcome with emotion and certainly he shouldn't realize right away what it all must mean. But how is a viewer supposed to take that seriously? And how is Harry not supposed to eventually realize it, as we move through the story in DH? It's absurd.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-08-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #667
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, I can't stop caring yet. I'm reading a thread on leaky lounge where this person answered a bunch of questions. It's said that there is no battle between the OOTP and the DeathEaters at the end. There is no conflict of any kind other than Dumbledore being killed, and Harry chasing Snape in the grounds.

I.....*sigh*

Quote:
Remember Dumbledore is suprised to learn there are 7 horcruxes he gives no real hints to Harry what those may be, not even the locket, because apperently not even he knows, other than the diary and upon learning about the seven he figures out the ring is one too.

I have no words.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-08-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #668
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hope its fake. I doubt it though.

That is just egregious.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #669
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

this is as good a place as any. Is anyone else looking forward to the release of brisingir(the third book in the inheritance saga(sequel to eragon and eldest)) this saturday?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #670
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot that it was comign out this saturday! stupid IKE.

But yes. I will be reading it. I hope the extension from a trilogy to a tetrology fills in all the loose ends for the series.

(you should've posted in the nerdy books thread)

Also..I am trying to remember.. What happened to Harry's grandparents? James's parents...and Lily's parents?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #671
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...eature-trailer
Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #672
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I saw that on Sunday. Pretty cool, but some of it looks unfinished. I like the Cave sequences. I also like seeing that Malfoy will suckerpunch Harry on HE makes it in the movie. And it appears you can actually see a dying DD hand. Which is sweet.

When did DD get Lasik anyway?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #673
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Also... why does it say "This year". It's either real old and never released, or meant to come out next year....???
Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #674
sike
The Preacha

good enough trailer...

Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #675
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

yea. it makes it look dark and epic.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #676
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I saw that on Sunday.
Well why didn't you say something?

I just kind of happened upon it today. I wonder when we're going to get a U.S. trailer.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #677
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well why didn't you say something?

I just kind of happened upon it today. I wonder when we're going to get a U.S. trailer.
and why it says, "coming this year"...

Old 11-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #678
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1973

Very intriguing. I know it's a trailer, but some of the inferences are making me upset. It appears from the trailer that instead of Ron being poisoned from Mead he will take love potion instead? I would think that wouldn't be the case though because Romilda would have to be the one to give it to him..... so maybe that's not how that plays out? Or wait a minute.... he takes the poison in Slughorns office after Ron takes the love potion so maybe they just changed the order for the trailer. I do like that we will see the memory of Slughorn and Tom Riddle that he altered.

For any of you wanting to see the trailer in the theater, it will be released next week with Twilight. So you will have to go see that movie to see it on the big screen.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #679
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah it looks like they just changed the order of events in the trailer.

That was a pretty nice trailer, but I can't get past the death eaters flying around like black streaks of smoke. Just annoys the crap out of me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #680
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I know. It's a Yates thing obviously. And the Order members fly around in white smoke. What a cliche'.

Tags
dumbledore is gay q=(, dumbledore kills snape, failed to cast leviosa, harry chases small balls, my elder wand is magical, snape dapes rumbledore, snape kills dumbledore, voldemort > harry, voldemort is awesome, your mom is awesome