Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-06-2001, 01:06 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just ordered a Canon PowerShot S300 Digital ELPH digicam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man I've been wanting one of these tiny cams for a long time, but could never justify buying one since I already had a cam. Well my mom wants my current Kodak so that pretty much took care of that!

camera shot
size comparison

I had a hard time trying to decide between the S300 and its sibling, the smaller S110. The S110 is about the size of a credit card, and just slightly smaller than the S300. It's also $100 cheaper. Oh well..the package is already on the way! The S300 I ordered is supposed to be pretty damn small so hopefully I won't be pissed I didn't go with the "highly pocketable" S110. I never use my current digicam b/c it's so damn fat - I hate carrying it around. To go with the cam, I also got a 256MB memory card. That'll hold roughly 224 max res pics (1600x1200), 512 pics at standard res, and 1120 pics at low res (all captured in the highest quality)! And if I wanted to take low res/normal quality snapshots, the sucker will hold 2784 photos! Man I can't wait to take this baby on some road trips! Just thought I'd share my childish joy! Toys make me happy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

SWEET, how much is it?..been looking to get one
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 01:32 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The camera sells for $599 at most places, but you can get it as low as $500 online, though I usually steer clear of those "seedy" online stores. I bought mine from PhotoAlley.com for $499. They're having a $100 discount because of the holiday. I also picked up a spare battery for $50, since the cam doesn't use standard batteries, a flash card reader for $25, and the 256MB flash card itself for $150 (after $20 rebate).

This is a great time to buy a digicam because the memory prices are so low! Most cams only come with an 8MB card, so it's recommended that you get a 32-64MB upgrade. With memory so cheap now, the 128-256MB cards are dirt cheap and within reach of most consumers (the card I bought was selling for $299 just two weeks ago!).
Old 07-09-2001, 01:54 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

Got my cam in today and I gotta say this thing is pretty slick! BUT I just can't help but feel I should've gotten the smaller, lighter, and cheaper S110.. Gonna go to Frys to see them both side-by-side. Hopefully I won't have to pay a 15% restocking fee if I do decide to exchange this. Hmm anyone wanna buy it off me if I decide to switch? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2001, 02:09 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

No, but I'd gladly take it off your hands as the next contest winner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 02:24 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Yer killing me man!
Old 07-09-2001, 02:43 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote