Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Cavs & Clippers Trade

I'm surprised that the Clippers pulled it off. But they got the "pure" point guard in the league.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

What a frigging steal for the Clips - assuming they sign Kandi they're odds-on for making the playoffs next year.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 10:20 PM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

wow. that's great news for all the long-suffering clippers fans out there. but will miller stay one for longer, when he demands the max next year? guess we'll find out with what happens to kandi first.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:53 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This trade makes the Clippers MUCH better. In fact, they scare me a bit, especially if they resign Kandi...
Old 07-30-2002, 11:28 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< This trade makes the Clippers MUCH better. In fact, they scare me a bit, especially if they resign Kandi... >>

They scare me also. They get a soon to be if not yet top 5 point guard in the league and trade away Miles who has the talent to become somethign special didnt really bring anything to the table for the Clipperse but could some time in the future. Tho it would have been much better if Clipps would have went ahead and have done the trade on draft day they could have kept DMILES and the Rich and Miles squad that was coming through nicely. Miller Miles Brand Kandi and QRICH? That would have been straigth fiya. Clippers have given us trouble in the past so bringing in Miller is gettin really scary now. Makes the West even more competitive than it already is.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:29 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

They still have the worst outside shooting in the NBA
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:34 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< They still have the worst outside shooting in the NBA >>

Who the clipps? This statement maybe true because I dont know there stats or how Miller will help them in that categorie but as far as I know there outside shooting has to get better with Miller now and Miles out. And QRICH can hit the 3 ball well. I remember he hit abotu 4 or 5 on us in one game.

1996-2005
Old 07-31-2002, 09:55 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Regardless, they are still the Clippers. They will F' it up.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:59 AM   #9
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I would definitely say that this deal makes the Clipps a playoff team. They should be good enough now to replace the Jazz or Sonics for that 7th or 8th spot.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:03 AM   #10
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< I would definitely say that this deal makes the Clipps a playoff team. They should be good enough now to replace the Jazz or Sonics for that 7th or 8th spot. >>

Especially if the Sonics were to lose Lewis . . .
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:04 AM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Miles is an atrocious shooter and Miller is not much better. Miller will replace McInnis in the starting linup, so the Clips will miss out on McInnis's pretty decent shot. The question is who is going to get Miles's minutes? If it's Stith or Piakowski, then that's OK. If they try to wean in some youngsters like Maggette or Dooling, watch out! The bricks are going to fly.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:48 AM   #12
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well I may be bashed for this but I'll say it anyway.

I kind of wish Magetter was on our team. He has decent size (6'6&quot. He shoots pretty decent (46% career). He is extremely athletic. He is a pretty good defender. Needs to become more consistent but given 30 minutes a game he will find that when he gets a little older.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:53 AM   #13
Bayliss

Oh and I assume Lamar Odom will get the majority of the minutes at small forward. Maggette will probably be the backup. Here's my lineup with them:

Center
Kandi/Ely/Rooks

Power Forward
Brand/Wilcox

Small Forward
Odom/Magette

Shooting Guard
Richardson/Piatkowski/Dooling

Point Guard
Miller/Jaric
Old 07-31-2002, 11:19 AM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Oh and I assume Lamar Odom will get the majority of the minutes at small forward. Maggette will probably be the backup. Here's my lineup with them:

Center
Kandi/Ely/Rooks

Power Forward
Brand/Wilcox

Small Forward
Odom/Magette

Shooting Guard
Richardson/Piatkowski/Dooling

Point Guard
Miller/Jaric
>>

Come to think of it Clipps dont have much of a bench. They have good players but I think its gonna take some time for alot of them to develop guys like Maggette Ely Wilcox and Jaric. I wonder when is QRICH gonna get off the bench or if he stays then that could help the Clipps bench.

1996-2005