Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #361
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Brandon Wright is an athletic big. Not exactly big but definitely athletic. Thankfully they had the sense to retain him.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #362
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
IMO when Harris and Wright return we should shuffle the starting lineup. I would like to see:

Harris
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

Gives us two good to very good perimeter defenders (Marion and Harris) as well as a rim protector in Dalembert. Then, for the bench:

Calderon
Carter
Crowder
Blair
Wright

Calderon gives that lineup some stability on offense. He is a flawed player (believe me I've been just as frustrated as we were last night when I watched him in Toronto) but he can run an offense. With Ellis our primary ball handler when they are playing together his positives become null apart from his spot up shooting. Harris is a pretty solid three point shooter anyway, so he can fill that roll.

And yes, I know it is a bit early to be playing arm chair coach. This team is still a playoff team and could quite likely rack up big win totals on the back of their potent offense. IMO this strategy (when the guys get healthy) gives the team much more balance and could shore up the defense significantly, especially if Wright has improved in that regard.
Makes sense to me.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #363
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
Yes, thank you...I know how DRtg works.

A. Sample Size. His career high STL % is 2.8. That said, I don't mind Blair's defense at all at the 4. The contention was at the 5. Blair's man defense at the 5 isn't necessarily the issue. But he's not a rim protector, obviously.

B. What does that have to do with me saying that Wright defends the rim well?
A. The numbers I posted are only for this season only, for which he's pretty much only played at C. But there's no argument his size absolutely limits his ability to protect the rim in the paint. However, it appears he's been effective at limiting opponents from getting the ball down low in the first place.

B. I was referring to you calling Blair a defensive sieve. His 97 DRtg is the lowest on the team.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 11-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #364
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
A. The numbers I posted are only for this season only, for which he's pretty much only played at C. But there's no argument his size absolutely limits his ability to protect the rim in the paint. However, it appears he's been effective at limiting opponents from getting the ball down low in the first place.

B. I was referring to you calling Blair a defensive sieve. His 97 DRtg is the lowest on the team.
When I say sieve, I'm referring to his ability to protect the rim. He provides no helpside defense. I still love him situationally.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #365
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Dirk will end this season with 16ppg 5rpg.

Mentally not a batman anymore. No fire no passion.

I won't waste an other night for this kind of basketball.

Good call, FRAUD.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote