Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Charlotte/Dallas

Not sure Charlotte does this, but what the hell.

Dallas sends:
Josh Howard
Jason Terry
Jerry Stackhouse
$3M

Charlotte sends:
Jason Richardson
Gerald Wallace
Adam Morrison

Dallas sends two vets (UNC native stack) and Josh Howard as the center piece of the deal back to Carolina. Charlotte gets outside shooting plus a home town hero. Charlotte sends the bloated contract of Jason Richardson and Gerald Wallace plus damaged good in Morrison. 2 high flyers get plugged into the Mavs lineup:

Kidd
Richardson
Wallace/Morrison
Nowitzki/Bass
Damp
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Have to keep Jet and Howard!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I would like such a deal, if it was feasible.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I was just wondering today why the Bobcats aren't a better team, they seem to have a real solid core.

That being said, I don't think this trade would work money wise and there's no way they'd do this.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Can you imagine J Rich and Wallace running the fast break on each wing with Kidd? They'd duel in the air for who'd catch the ally oops.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
Have to keep Jet and Howard!!!!
You don't likey? Ahuga Ahuga Panic!!!!!

(It's like conversing with a caveman, F!)

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you move Josh, Jet, and Stack, I'd rather see Wallace and Okafor (SNT) and Morrison if they need a $$$ fit.

Okafor has the inside game, but I don't think he is going to be the "star" they are looking for, so they might move him rather than pay him.

Wallace can play in the Josh role easy enough.

Let Wright start at the SG. Resign Lue, Allen, Wright and George.

Kidd, Lue, JJB
Wright, Jones
Wallace, George, Bass
Dirk, Allen
Okafor, Damp

Thoughts?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
If you move Josh, Jet, and Stack, I'd rather see Wallace and Okafor (SNT) and Morrison if they need a $$$ fit.

Okafor has the inside game, but I don't think he is going to be the "star" they are looking for, so they might move him rather than pay him.

Wallace can play in the Josh role easy enough.

Let Wright start at the SG. Resign Lue, Allen, Wright and George.

Kidd, Lue, JJB
Wright, Jones
Wallace, George, Bass
Dirk, Allen
Okafor, Damp

Thoughts?
If we're giving up Josh/JET/Stack, then we should be dealing with different team - all these proposed trades with Memphis seem way too lateral in the grand scheme of things...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like this deal much at all, but I guess that's just me.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

This trade would make my basketball pants go crazy, but as mentioned, I don't think the money works.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

ran this thru the real gm trade checker and the deal works without the 3m.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Gerald Wallace on the team.... I feel like he's an outstanding player, but he seems to miss significant chunks of time every year...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I would be for it...I would really like Okafor here some how though.
I doubt they go for it though.. and I bet they'd want Bass.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Charlotte giggles uncontrollably. The only way it does this deal is if they bring in Isaiah Thomas as the new President of Basketball Operations.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Charlotte giggles uncontrollably. The only way it does this deal is if they bring in Isaiah Thomas as the new President of Basketball Operations.
michael jordan is the closest thing to isiah thomas in terms of basketball stupidity.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Well, yes. So I'd offer it. I'd also offer J.J. Barea for Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut, but I wouldn't count on it.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #17
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
michael jordan is the closest thing to isiah thomas in terms of basketball stupidity.
woah now.. you might wanna rework your wording there. You just said Michael Jordan has a high level of basketball stupidity. Now.. business stupidity maybe.. but you are talking about the best basketball player of all time. heh

But does Michael Jordan do a trade like the one proposed here? .. He is a pretty unpredictable guy...
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #18
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

How about Josh straight up for J-Rich? I doubt Charlotte would be really excited to pull the trigger on that deal, but we'd have to be all over that one if it was ever a possibility. I know I would be.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote