Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #401
PolishHammer

PolishHammer has a spectacular aura aboutPolishHammer has a spectacular aura about

Guys, I am Polish/Dutch so please excuse my bad English.

Some of the stuff I am reading here is really nonsense. Have you seen Gortat play, except against the Lakers (which was his worst performance in the playoffs)?

This guy has scored a double-double almost every time he was a starter, when Howard was suspended or injured. He husseled Dalambert in the last game against the 76ers so much, Dalambert almost had to cry.

Remember Gortat has been playing basketball only since he was 17!!!! He is learning all the time and getting better every year. He can run the floor like no other center, has very good defensive moves. He lacks offense, but he is still learning. But wait, against Boston in the playoffs he had like 90% FG!!!!

Give him some time and I guarantee you, he will get a double double almost every game.
PolishHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #402
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Wink

I don't mean to be a downer! I've just seen this happen so frequently with the Mavs - I guess it's just a defense mechanism...I need to talk about this with my psychiatrist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
you've said that already....we get it. although if you're such a good prognosticator maybe i should ask you what the winning lotto numbers will be....
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #403
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishHammer View Post

Some of the stuff I am reading here is really nonsense. Have you seen Gortat play, except against the Lakers (which was his worst performance in the playoffs)?

This guy has scored a double-double almost every time he was a starter, when Howard was suspended or injured. He husseled Dalambert in the last game against the 76ers so much, Dalambert almost had to cry.

Remember Gortat has been playing basketball only since he was 17!!!! He is learning all the time and getting better every year. He can run the floor like no other center, has very good defensive moves. He lacks offense, but he is still learning. But wait, against Boston in the playoffs he had like 90% FG!!!!

Give him some time and I guarantee you, he will get a double double almost every game.
I don't know which posts you've been reading, but most of us around here are excited to have Gortat on the team - the guy has GREAT potential...

Also - your English is pretty good... Velcome to the board!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #404
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

true that, welcome to the board Polish folks!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #405
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Im making Gortat pillow cases as we speak...
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #406
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your English is quite good.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #407
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Polish or German sausages?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #408
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

I'm afraid they will match as well. A center is so hard to find.

Hope not though...
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #409
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

They can't be that greedy, we gave them cash AND created a trade exception for them.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #410
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBlitzkrieg View Post

Hope not though...
It's not like they don't already have a pretty good one...
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #411
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
It's not like they don't already have a pretty good one...
you mean whats-his-face? The guy they drafted in the 2004 first round or something? He may be something someday but he's a potential guy at best that just happens to know how to dunk.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #412
Barton

Barton is on a distinguished road

Welcome I am of Polish

I would like to say I that they have Gortat a strong team

and together with Dirk Nowicki will be the best couple of players

sorry my bad English
Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #413
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ik spreekt een beetje Nederlands! Welkom hier.

I'm just assuming you speak Dutch, do you? I've been teaching myself for a few months now.

Your English was pretty damned good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #414
Bartek8

Bartek8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton View Post
Welcome I am of Polish

I would like to say I that they have Gortat a strong team

and together with Dirk Nowicki will be the best couple of players

sorry my bad English

No no no / Polish men welcome to the Mavs Family:P Tak na marginesie to skąd piszesz? Ja z Podkarpackiego. Mavs fan sorry for polish dialogue but I like see more Polish fan Mavs and Gortat:P
Bartek8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #415
Bartek8

Bartek8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Polish or German sausages?
German sausages? it does not exist !
Only Polish susages
Bartek8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #416
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Question for our Polish friends: Is Gortat's hammer really as big as we all hope?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #417
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't know which posts you've been reading, but most of us around here are excited to have Gortat on the team - the guy has GREAT potential...

Also - your English is pretty good... Velcome to the board!
CHEEKY BASTARD!! you are hilarous man

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #418
pokwaPL

pokwaPL is on a distinguished road

Only polish sausages and polish food like "bigos"

pokwaPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #419
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBlitzkrieg View Post

Hope not though...

They already have the best center in the game. If they match it will just be greedy on their part.

Last edited by RoddyB#3; 07-09-2009 at 05:57 PM.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #420
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
They already have he best center in the game. If they match it will just be greedy on their part.
There are several decent free agent options out there.....for 10-12 minutes a night.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #421
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
There are several decent free agent options out there.....for 10-12 minutes a night.
Exactly. It's just not smart business to sign an expensive backup behind your young all star.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #422
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Otis told Gortat after the finals to work in his jumper so the Magic can use him also as PF beside Howard (they did allready last season), so if they see him as center backup and 10-15min PF then it would make sense.

But Cuban prized it up a lot. Thats why he is getting the full MLE, 4mio and the Magic match without thinking.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #423
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
Exactly. It's just not smart business to sign an expensive backup behind your young all star.
But if they somehow reason themselves into thinking that he can backup the 4 spot too....
Old 07-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #424
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Think about it from his standpoint," Smith said. "There’s not very many centers left so he obviously done himself good by going out and getting an offer that size. Because there’s not a lot of centers left, we turn all our centers into power forwards. The few centers that are out there are either getting that kind of offer or offers pretty close to it."
-Otis Smith

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-09-2009 at 06:27 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #425
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
But if they somehow reason themselves into thinking that he can backup the 4 spot too....
I still don't see them paying him like that to be a backup. I definitely don't see Gortat being happy with that for to long.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #426
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering Varejao got a 5 year deal maybe in the 50+ range...with Gortat having a higher ceiling IMO, the 7 days can't go by quick enough.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #427
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

no doubt, crossing my fingers that Gortat comes to Dallas...breath of fresh air
Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #428
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

Has Gortat already signed the deal with the mavs, and waiting to see if the magic match?

Could we do a buckner + SnT bass for SnT Gortat. Magic get bass, waive buck. We get Gortat, without waiting and hopeing they dont match, and our MLE back.

I know there are some restrictions on not being able to package some newly acquired players into deals after XX time, or before XX time, but I cant remember the exact time frame.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #429
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby451 View Post
Has Gortat already signed the deal with the mavs, and waiting to see if the magic match?

Could we do a buckner + SnT bass for SnT Gortat. Magic get bass, waive buck. We get Gortat, without waiting and hopeing they dont match, and our MLE back.

I know there are some restrictions on not being able to package some newly acquired players into deals after XX time, or before XX time, but I cant remember the exact time frame.
He signed the deal...7 days or gays (whichever), it's do or die now for him becoming a Maverick.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #430
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

If the magic match, could they trade him before the season starts then?
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #431
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby451 View Post
If the magic match, could they trade him before the season starts then?
They would have to wait 90 days.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #432
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He signed the deal...7 days or gays (whichever), it's do or die now for him becoming a Maverick.
Do we know the exact time he signed and thus the countdown began?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #433
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:

Great to hear your thoughts and insight, PM!...By the way, your English is better than most members on this site.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #434
PolishHammer

PolishHammer has a spectacular aura aboutPolishHammer has a spectacular aura about

Yes guys, ik spreek Nederlands i mówie po Polsku. But let's not ruin this board by speaking Polish and Dutch.
Thanks for your welcome!

PS. Even though I am Polish, the German Bratwurst sausage is almost as great as the Polish kielbasa.... Hmmm I think I still prefer the Polish one, my girlfriend likes it too....
PolishHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #435
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes guys, ik spreek Nederlands i mówie po Polsku. But let's not ruin this board by speaking Polish and Dutch.
Thanks for your welcome!

PS. Even though I am Polish, the German Bratwurst sausage is almost as great as the Polish kielbasa.... Hmmm I think I still prefer the Polish one, my girlfriend likes it too....
I think you're gonna fit in just fine here.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #436
MascisMan

Polish sausage.....Ditka.......Polish Sausage........Ditka.....
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #437
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your welcome!

Wait a minute.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #438
BGMaverick9
Guru

Bass Out...Gortat IN
Old 07-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #439
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Bass Out...Gortat IN
Now that Orlando has signed Bass, do they still have enough money to match the Mavs' offer to Gortat?
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #440
jimi_thing

jimi_thing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Now that Orlando has signed Bass, do they still have enough money to match the Mavs' offer to Gortat?

as far as I know until they signed Bass they have a MLE and some vet min left. so with Bass with little less than MLE they'll have to pay luxury tax if they going to match Gortat.
jimi_thing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?