Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2022, 08:50 PM   #1
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I mean, who the F would give up anything of value for Kyrie at this point? The guy could retire at any minute. There has never been a more unreliable star in the history of basketball, maybe in the history of sports.
You know....his teammate Ben Simmons might give him a run for his money.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:56 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You know....his teammate Ben Simmons might give him a run for his money.
Very fair point. Give him time. Kyrie has been around longer.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:05 PM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

While I would love for the Lakers to implode, realistically a motivated big three of Lebron, AD, and Kyrie is absolutely going to be in contention. Important to remember Kyrie is in a contract year and he will have all three eyes looking for a max deal this summer.

Not surprised Tyrell isn?t going to make it in the NBA. He was literally a Steph Curry starter kit, but didn?t have the mental health or fortitude to follow through and work like Steph. I hope he finds peace.

I think Portland has done a good job of balancing contending now (Grant trade, GP2 signing) with keeping an eye towards the future (extending Simons, drafting Sharpe). I?m a little surprise Dame is playing the cryptic IG game. Maybe has something to do with a move for KD?

Finally, if I?m the Mavs I?m pursuing Sexton hard.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:11 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
While I would love for the Lakers to implode, realistically a motivated big three of Lebron, AD, and Kyrie is absolutely going to be in contention. Important to remember Kyrie is in a contract year and he will have all three eyes looking for a max deal this summer.
If all three of those guys are healthy and committed, then yes they'll be a force. But contract year or no, I think Kyrie just seems disinterested in basketball, and AD hasn't been healthy for two years.

Sort of a tangent, but the Westbrook trade has got to be the single stupidest, nonsensical, most self-destructive trade in NBA history. This was a team that won the championship, and then actually significantly improved their championship roster, and instead of logically chalking up the loss the next season to injuries, they decided they needed to completely gut their championship roster and trade all of their depth for the one guy who has proven over and over again that he does not know how to play winning team basketball. Healthy Lebron and AD with KCP, Caruso, Schroder, Montrezl, and a few minor role players is easily still a title contender in 2022 and beyond.

It just goes to show you, you can't ever let the players be the GM. When Lebron and AD pushed to trade for Westbrook, Jeanie Buss and the Lakers front office just needed to call Lebron's bluff and dare him to leave.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:14 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If all three of those guys are healthy and committed, then yes they'll be a force. But contract year or no, I think Kyrie just seems disinterested in basketball, and AD hasn't been healthy for two years.

Sort of a tangent, but the Westbrook trade has got to be the single stupidest, nonsensical, most self-destructive trade in NBA history. This was a team that won the championship, and then actually significantly improved their championship roster, and instead of logically chalking up the loss the next season to injuries, they decided they needed to completely gut their championship roster and trade all of their depth for the one guy who has proven over and over again that he does not know how to play winning team basketball. Healthy Lebron and AD with KCP, Caruso, Schroder, Montrezl, and a few minor role players is easily still a title contender in 2022 and beyond.

It just goes to show you, you can't ever let the players be the GM. When Lebron and AD pushed to trade for Westbrook, Jeanie Buss and the Lakers front office just needed to call Lebron's bluff and dare him to leave.
That's why I want Schroder. I'm sure he is a bit of a head case, but so what? A one year vet min isn't going to kill the roster. We need a guy that can hold the reigns if Luka gets hurt/tired.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:25 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's why I want Schroder. I'm sure he is a bit of a head case, but so what? A one year vet min isn't going to kill the roster. We need a guy that can hold the reigns if Luka gets hurt/tired.
I would gladly take Schroder. He's not nearly the scorer that Brunson is, but I feel like his ball handling and playmaking is better.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:11 AM   #7
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Man it's crazy that the LA Lakers of all teams let LeGM run the show. Just indicative of the difference between a tight ship (Miami) that held Lebron accountable and didn't allow him to bring in his buddies or ship out Spoelstra, and a poorly run organization like the Lakers.

If I have one fear about bringing in Dragic it's that we'd be catering to Luka at the expense of the other guys. I was happy we didn't keep Boban for the sake of keeping him. Nico seems to run this place more like Riley and less like Cuban used to in the past.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #8
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Man it's crazy that the LA Lakers of all teams let LeGM run the show. Just indicative of the difference between a tight ship (Miami) that held Lebron accountable and didn't allow him to bring in his buddies or ship out Spoelstra, and a poorly run organization like the Lakers.

If I have one fear about bringing in Dragic it's that we'd be catering to Luka at the expense of the other guys. I was happy we didn't keep Boban for the sake of keeping him. Nico seems to run this place more like Riley and less like Cuban used to in the past.
I understand what you?re saying about Dragic, but he fills a need as a ball handler and scorer. Boban was just here for good vibes. Love the guy, but he is borderline unplayable in todays NBA.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote